“bit of a gem”

Ranked #19 of 81 Speciality Lodging in Legian
Melbourne, Australia
“bit of a gem”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here very cheap and great size rooms bathroom etc
you need to ask for bottom level delux rooms near pool b1 and b2
the grounds are nice but staff a little slack dirty ash trays and bottles left by pool for days.
breakfast not the best but ok get what you pay for!
Wifi wasnt working promised for our entire stay maybe tomorrow...
Toilet in our room kept leaking
the hotel desperatly needs some work done on it but I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Grandkuta, General Manager at Grand Kuta, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Susanna,

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your positive review.

We apologize for technical problems that made your stay uncomfortable.We strongly reminded our team concerned and also on progress of installing additional devices to speed up the WIFI connection on some blank spots.

We do appreciate that you would return again and look forward to make your future stay even more enjoyable at Grand Kuta Hotel & Residence.

A.A.Sri Laxmi Aryani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here in December 2013 to spend my New Year's Eve in with my family. I was looking for a place which fits to my budget, great location, but yet discreet from the hustle of Kuta or Legian. I chose this hotel as advised by my friend whom stayed here before in August 2013. I must admit that I am very satisfied with what I was paying for. The room is spacious (I booked a room which has direct access to the swimming pool). Breakfast has lots of variaties. Try their barbeque....it's worth to try! They have 3 big swimming pools in each wing! How good is that...?!?!?! :) I love it! This hotel should be a 4 star hotel as the room is big, service is better than a 3 star hotel. If you want to stay in an hotel which is not very expensive, has a great location, but private....then this hotel can be on your top list.

Room Tip: Book the room on ground floor which has direct access to swimming pool from your balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rougie_Bali
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel has copped some bad reviews in the past so I feel it only fair to even up score.(this is true review). Very spacious suite(3 bedrooms& two bathrooms) staff were very friendly & helpful. 3 pools to choose from. Breakfast basic but well enough to get you on your way(you don't pay much either!!!!) And breakfast runs till 11am. McDonalds and good burger bar are 300 metres away &cheap dim sum place next to hotel. Mini mart is dearer than Raja wali minimart for water snacks etc.Getting in and out of legian is easy about $3 in taxi Kuta about $4/$5 depends on traffic. Wifi can be slow some rooms but just test out different hot spots and should sort this problem. All in all great hotel we stayed with our 2 kids 17&11 never felt cramped as you can in some suites. Will stay here again with family.

• Stayed January 2014
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Have just returned from a family holiday at Grand Kuta in Legian. While the location is excellent, the rooms are very tired and outdated and the bathrooms are disgusting! We stayed in a 3 bedroom "premier" room which was big enough and was right next to the lovely pool (thank goodness as it was the only salvation as far as the hotel goes) but the bathrooms are the worst we have ever seen in a hotel. Not only were they extremely small, cramped and old (the vanity was held together with silicon!) but they were not cleaned very well. The shower floor was slimy and the grout and bottom of the shower curtains were orange with mould - we had to wear thongs while showering. The shower heads were also useless! The breakfast was also a real disappointment with not a lot of western choices. We ended up not using our free breakfast in the end and walked to the nearby Gourmet Cafe which was far nicer! Internet connection was good and the bedding was reasonably comfortable. Room service food was nice as was the spa but unfortunately the cons far outweighed the pros for us and we won't be returning to the Grand Kuta again.

Room Tip: The photos on the booking sites make the rooms look a whole lot better than they actually are!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Legian hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed for two nights at the grand kuta and frankly speaking I was disappointed with the quality of the rooms, cleanness, services, breakfast, and food in general. The internet service was even worse even though I changed the room I was not able to get good connection and ultimitley was not able to stay connected with my office and work. The breakfast buffet was very limited and below standard, I do not understand why fried rice and fried fish should be served that early in the morning. The only thing that relaxed me was the in house massage located at the spa center which was quit a relief.
I do not recommend it at all.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had such a fabulous time staying at Grand Kuta. Staff couldn't do enough for us. My husband, myself and my 3 kids stayed for 5 nights. We got the ground floor premiere room (3 brooms 2 bthrms) with a ground floor balcony leading out to a HUGE pool. Fantastic place to stay, highly recommend to families or any one else for that matter. Cost less than 30, 000 rupiah to get to kuta beach, about 10, 000 rupiah to get to seminyak markets...its such a great location.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MummyNat81
jaipur india
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My friend told us about the hotel and suggested us to stay in Grand Kuta only when in Bali. I thought this is a very good hotel with much cheaper rates comparatively to other hotel of the area. Moreover a comprehensive package saved costs so we booked from Viabali.com , a wholesaler of Bali holidays

This was one of the beach front resorts. I really enjoyed the location of the resort; it was only 10 minutes walk from the beach. Those 3 -4 days we spend our whole on the beach, swimming, playing water sports and relaxing on sun loungers. There were lots of activities to discover like paragliding, windsurfing, kayaking and snorkeling. Although I was very afraid of trying these activities but once I made my mind and go for it, I enjoyed them very much. All the activities were performed under highly qualified professionals.

There were also three swimming pools in the hotel and each having their own quality. All the three pools offer warm water at any time of the day.
Their restaurant serves Indonesian, western as well as Indian food. Quality and the quantity of the food served were good. Buffet breakfast was definitely good which was included in the package itself.

Hotel rooms were Ok with the required facilities. Ambience of the room was great and modern. Only problem we faced with the room was neither there was attached balcony for hanging wet towels nor was any laundry hanger provided in the room or in the bathroom.
Central commercial and shopping malls are too far from the hotel. Although the hotel provide shuttle service to reach their whenever you want but it very time consuming due to traffic.

Overall it’s a nice hotel for 3- 4 days stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 81tina81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Kuta Central Park Hotel
Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence
The Sun Hotel & Spa
The Sun Hotel & Spa
#34 of 84 in Legian

Been to Grand Kuta? Share your experiences!