“A well designed clean and welcome point of relief near the beautiful beaches of Legian”
Review of Danny's Homestay

and 1 more site!
Danny's Homestay
Ranked #7 of 63 Legian B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Very kind and helpful personell. The homestay has nice, neat and spaceous aircon rooms. Simple but functional and clean bathroom. Very good king size bed. Simple but fresh breakfast. Real value for money! Accomodation is hidden between shops on a busy street, but noise cannot be heared in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Pim v

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 April 2012

It was our first trip to Bali and it took me a long time to find an accommodation as I was not sure in which area to stay. In the end, I decided for Danny’s even though it does not have that many review. We did not regret it. Yes, there is no sign in front of the door, however the taxi driver from the airport found it without any problems. I think we paid 60k which is pretty cheap.

The welcome was great and the staff is really nice, always with a smile. We had a downstair room next to the pool. Yes, it did not have that much light but actually it was enough and I really really liked the room. It is basic, but new, super clean and modern. TV only has a few local channels but we did not stay there in order to watch TV so no problem for us.

I think the biggest plus is the location, you walk 5, 10 minutes to the beach and within a few hundreds meters you have plenty of bars, restaurants, spas etc to chose from. Also it is located next to a Circle K (convenient store which is opened 24h), handy for getting cheap drinks and snacks. We cannot say anything about breakfast, as the reviews were not that good, we did not bother and bought a muffin at Circle K.

On our last day, we left for Ubud at around 2.30pm. They said we can stay in the room which was a pleasant surprise and we were able to use the shower again.

They have maybe 6 rooms and I really enjoy staying in a small local place compared to a big hotel complex. The pool is small bu great, it has no sun loungers but we did not need them. It was enough to cool down or we spend some time reading there with our feet in the water. Really nice feature.

The only cons:

- no safe in room
- WIFI only in the front of the room (not on the bed)
- Staff was not able to provide us a driver. Which was no problem as we just asked a guy on the street. They did exchange business cards with our driver, so I hope they will have a driver in future

Therefore I only give 4 stars but I would recommend it to everyone and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nice_swiss
London
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Danny's homestay is a great place to stay in the Legian area of Bali. It is only 10 - 15 minutes walk to the centre of Kuta or 10 - 15 mins walk in the other direction to start going toward Legian & Seminyak areas. Walking for just a couple of minutes in either direction will take you straight away to restaurants, shops and bars, and it's 10 minutes to Legian beach.

The rooms on the ground floor can be dark, but the rooms upstairs are lighter. The windows don't open but that isn't a problem since it's so hot you'd want the AC on anyway. There is a good amount of space in the rooms and they are bug free (which is important to me!)

The AC works well and there is a TV in the rooms (with local channels only.) The bathroom is fine, shower works well with hot water.

Breakfast is included but is very basic, just a piece of toast, jam and coffee or tea. We didn't find this a problem, but if we wanted to eat more we'd just pop to the Circle K next door for a 6000 Rph (50 pence) cake to compliment our breakfast.

The staff are very friendly and it has a homely atmosphere to the place. After we left to get our boat to Lombok, we realised on the way to the harbour in Sanur that we'd left something in our room. We called Danny's and explained that we'd left something but we weren't sure where. Danny's staff located our forgotten item from our room and one of the guys jumped on his bike and dropped it off to us at the harbour (about a 30 min drive away.) I'm sure that it was Danny we spoke to who orchestrated this, since without his good English on hand it might not have worked out so well, but just shows what kind of place it was, very friendly and happy to help.

As for cons, the pool is very small and therefore not necessarily one you'd use, although it does add to the charm of the place from a decor standpoint. I saw some kids splashing around in there one day which is probably the best use for it.

I have already stayed there again and would do so in the future since you know what you will get from this place, a well sized, clean room in a good location for mid-range budget.

Room Tip: I prefer the upstairs rooms because they generally have more light.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 111_Ash
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

good services, low cost, comfy room, nice private pool......................... will be back soon

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Booked online after reading reviews. Overall very disappointed. Absolutely no natural light or air into the room. Breakfast consisted of slice of cheddar cheese and toast. Dripping and noisy aircon just outside of room. Having said that, staff very friendly and helpful. room very clean. pool handy but not one you would spend anytime lounging around it. Lighting not adequate in room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jackstar100
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We were re dirrected to this small comfortable hotel - home stay from another hotel. (Over booked.)
Thr rooms are so clean and great lighting. Small TV with local channels. Large bed with a very firm matress.
Nice shower with filtered water. OMG 70 odd trips and I had no idea water could be so lovely in Bali. What a treat, no need to use conditioner after shampoo.
We aren't pool people. But it added atmospere to know the pool was right outside our door.
A small clean kitchen to the side. Hot and cold water available 24 hours, make your own tea and coffee. Breaky is so basic. But an ealy morning walk had us exploring breakfasts in the area.
The wi fi was down during our stay. A storm had apparently knocked their connection out.
Close to many shops and a bundle of restaurants.
Right out front is a Circle K that carries everything for a traveller.
The staff were more than helpfull. Always a smile.
We loved it so much, are now kicking that our next trip is already booked else where.
Would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SallyandKen
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 August 2010

It wasn't easy to convince my parents to book hotel online. The idea of having to rely on the images found on the internet was not really acceptable to them. Having convinced my parents, we picked Danny's Homestay as our choice.

The place is clean and comfortable to stay in. I immediately settled in well. Mr Danny and his staffs are ever friendly and always ready to make you feel comfortable.

I really like the location of the place. It's just 10-minute walk to Kuta beach, yet it's secluded enough to make sure you're having a nice and quiet resting time at night.

Overall, I'm not afraid giving this place 5/5 because in my opinion, they truly deserved it. I just can't wait to go back to Bali and stay at this place again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family