“Good things come in small packages”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Danny's Homestay

and 1 more site!
Danny's Homestay
Ranked #7 of 61 Legian B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Good things come in small packages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Danny's is a gem of a place on the busy streets of Legian. The rooms are affordable, clean and comfortable and the staff are warm and friendly. The location is convenient as it is in close proximity to Legian shops and cafe, Circle K and the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Danny's is fine if you are on a really tight budget, I found the staff very helpful, polite and attentive, however the quality of the rooms were not as described on all sites I looked at. There is only local TV on very outdated TV's with poor reception. The bathrooms need a really good clean and the room I had, had the noisiest air conditioner, that kept me awake half the night. I left Danny's and found far better accommodation cheaper in the same area that was vastly superior. If Danny's were to lift their game a bit more they would do well.

Room Tip: I would not stay at Danny's again unless they upgraded their rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Danny's - A little gem in Legian. Yes, itz so very affordable, its in Legian, huge rooms, a cute little swimming pool, coffee/tea making facilities at the common area 24hrs a day. The owner Danny was a gem of a guy who was so damn friendly to us and we chatted for very long time and had so much fun. He and my hubby clicked so well and they were so fun loving guys talking about almost about anything and everything. He was a very down to earth guy. We loved the special care that was given to us wen we were there as itz a small hotel wit afew rooms. And weneve you come out to the breakfast area, the guy then starts to mk your omlette and cut the fruits and serve them to you with the juice. The complimentry wifi was vry good as well. We took a taxi from the airport and it was 70rupiah. Although the cab driver had a slightly hard time to find it, i assisted him as i was well prepared for this aftr reading the reviews of finding it. But it wasnt mush of a hassle though. As it was our 2nd time in Bali, we chose legian as it would be closer to kuta beach and itz bars and cafes. It was a right choice. We walked around alot and spend most of the time outdoors at the beach and cafes and of course at Krishna store shopping like mad!!!!!! The concierge guy was very good and helpful. He helped us with the luggages and even helped to hail a cab when departing for the airport. Service was awesome. We loved Danny's and itz a quiet place away from the hustle bustle.

Room Tip: Our room was just infront of the swimming pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I recommended by my bro in law to stay here, he said the price is very reasonable, which it is. First it is not easy to find this place, there isn't any front ledge, just a railing black gate, next to circle K, even the local driver has to ask around to find this place. It is located in Legian which during a low season, which is in my case in July, Legian is very quiet place, less traffic and less people walking around, so it felt deserted.
Many white people stay here, they tend to quite noisy when they got back to the homestay at night
It is seems to me that all the rooms in this place is windowless, so beware if you're claustrophobic. There is a very small pool inside but seems no one ever using it . . . the care taker is polite and helpful

Room Tip: not for claustrophobic person ;)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Danny's Homestay is close to everything in Legian, which is close to both Kuta and Semyniak, actually it is in between.
Around 7 mins to the beach of Legian.
Close to restaurants, bars and you have even a supermarket 20 meters away.
The rooms are big enough, we had a first floor room, right next to the pool, which was nice.
I traveled with a friend and we didn't liked the fact that the bathroom had just a glass door, so not much privacy.
The breakfast was nice, eggs toast sandwich, butter and jam and fresh fruits.
We loved that close to the pool there are coffee and tea making facilities. So all day long you have lovely balinese coffee.
Nice stay at Danny's!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ramona D
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We returned to Legian as the last stop on our January Holiday. We came from Ubud so the driver was not familiar with the area and therefore had to make some phone calls. Always a good idea to carry the phone number and address of any place you are staying. Eventually this charming young man came to our rescue and led us to the property. At first we were a bit surprised by the size of the place. We shouldn't have been because all reviewers said it was compact. We organised to have the beds separated into twins as requested on booking and this was done without fuss. The rooms are modern and without natural light. Any windows have been painted over which was a bit disconcerting at first. Wifi was down often but we coped. We weren't expecting anything much at breakfast but were pleasantly surprised. No it wasn't gourmet but the toast was nice wholemeal unsweetened bread. I hate the sugary breads they have in Asia. There were good jams which the children liked. The ubiquitous slice of cheese :) was okay for me because I don't eat jam. The juice was okay and on alternate days they cooked us eggs. There was a plate of freshly cut fruit and we thought the coffee was good. I carry my own herbal tea and there is constant hot water available during the day for whenever you want. The TV is mostly in Indonesian and because there was flooding I would like to have known a little bit more from the news. There was the odd western movie late at night. The air conditioning was good. Beds were comfortable. There are no phones and you cannot make international calls. Linen was good. We seemed to be the only people staying there at the time. Both of our rooms were upstairs and between trips to the outer world the children sat on the balcony and read and played on their iPads. They loved the pool and I was sorry that I only used it before we were leaving. It was refreshing and lovely. More like a lap pool. I paid for an extra day even though we were leaving at 8pm, the rate was so cheap it was worth it to not worry.
Wayan was the person who mostly looked after us and you couldn't have wished to find such a delightful young man. The hugest smile at all times, quiet and efficient. He did everything with care and consideration. I wanted to adopt him and the teenager wanted to pack him in her suitcase. There was another young man there who did a good job. This is a good place to stay out of the madness that is outside. I harassed a few money changers, only because I knew which ones were going to try and scam me and pretended I was naive then, caught them. The convenience store across the road tried to short change me on my first and last visit and did the same thing to my brother who I did warn, straight after!. A shame really as I thought she was being genuinely interested when she was just trying to distract me. I often found that the label on an item is not necessarily the price you will be charged. Receipts are invariably so faded you can't read them and I found that everywhere. So be astute. To continue what they are doing makes me think that they must get away with it lots! Hah!
If you are coming to Legian and want clean, cheap accommodation and be cared for by very nice people, stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Savoy88
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Very kind and helpful personell. The homestay has nice, neat and spaceous aircon rooms. Simple but functional and clean bathroom. Very good king size bed. Simple but fresh breakfast. Real value for money! Accomodation is hidden between shops on a busy street, but noise cannot be heared in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2012