“Doesn't live up to the hype”

Take I Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 245 Restaurants in Legian
Price range: US$3 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: TAKE, bamboo in Japanese, is Rama Restaurants Bali’s first authentic Japanese restaurant which opened in 1999. Bamboo reflects the philosophy behind our undertakings. This sturdy plant is beautiful, flexible and strong at the same time. Take’s interior and furniture is mostly made of bamboo. Its beauty is visible in the presentation of our extensive Japanese dishes. Your choice of sashimi, sushi, live seafood, soup, salad, robatayaki, hot and cold noodle, don buri all prepared to ensure authenticity, under the supervision of Mr Okamoto with his strong background and experience in Japanese cuisine. We carefully select our imported Japanese ingredients while using the best local produce for vegetables and live seafood. Sake, sochu, wine, and Japanese beer are available to compliment your meals.
Bali, Indonesia
“Doesn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We had dinner on a Saturday night. The place was busy but not so packed.

Atmosphere: quite cozy but seatings for 2 persons are not very ideal. Most seatings are set for bigger crowd.

Service: i can begin to see what other recent reviewers are saying. It was just okay and I'm not impressed by the level of attentiveness given the numbers of staff roaming the place (many, I tell you). First, apparently the restaurants was divided into smoking & non-smoking but nobody bothered to tell us so we got seated in the smoking area. We asked to move when the man beside us started to light up. When we were moved, we were standing by confused in the non smoking area with no one paying attention to us. At the same time, I can't help but notice 3 waitresses were standing & talking in cashier's table. My husband had to wait more than 20 mins for his beef curry rice.

Food: apart from the lack of service we experienced, we have to admit the food was good. We're not blown away by them but they were tasty compared to similar competitor. The salmon skin in the sushi we ordered was crunchy good despite being rolled into a sushi.

Price: we ordered 2 sets of rolls (6 pieces of sushi each), 1 beef curry rice, and 1 tiny appetizer of bacon enoki with 2 green teas ; and ended up with 450k bill. Quite pricey compared to its competitors.

Conclusion: we would rather go to the high-end japanese restaurants or just directly to the lower-end. Take stands too much in the middle with no extra incentive for us to want to come back. Sorry Take.

RamaRestaurantsBali, marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for a very detailed account of your dining experience which was overall not enjoyable. We will take extra care to see that staff improve their attentiveness and service. My sincere apology for your displeasure.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
“Best authentic Sushi”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had lunch with my wife after we craved for Japanese food then we decided to go to Take. We walked about 10 minutes from our hotel in Legian. The Sushi was fantastic, the sushi rice was authentic, we loved it. Definitely will go back again if we visit Bali.

• Visited November 2013
RamaRestaurantsBali, marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Our restaurant is known for serving authentic Japanese cuisines. Also diners have the option to sit Japanese style on tatami mats. We use only fresh ingredients to ensure good quality food. We're so glad you had an enjoyable evening with your wife and that our food met your expectations well. Looking forward to your next meal with us.

Hong Kong, China
“Average restaurant”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Very busy on sat night, food was average, no tea served unless you paid, I ordered ramen but came without a spoon and it took several requests before getting one. The most "authentic" thing was the greeting of welcome and thank you in Japanese...

• Visited October 2013
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us. We will look into the matter of not getting a spoon with your order of Ramen. Your comments will help us better our services and avoid future guests disappointments.

Warmest regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.
“Fresh, delicious and pressured”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

As long time Take II patrons, it was a natural decision to go to Take I for dinner. The food was fresh and well presented as always. Management have obviously taken the previous "pixie" comment onboard as our experience was completely opposite. Apart from our appetizers arriving after the main, (and after we asked about it,) we were closely scrutinised constantly by the wait staff. The table was cleared four times before I finished eating, and twice staff tried to take my plate before I finished. The second time I gave up and let the plates and spoon go before eating the appetizer(last). All things considered, what should have been a relaxing dinner felt more like a performance assessed against the clock, and with an unblinking rivetted audience. Surely there is room for a happy medium of staff DISCREETLY observing diners, and only removing dishes when the last person has finished eating?

Visited September 2013
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

What can I say...the staff are now overzealous in trying to do the right thing. Again our apology for this 'over the rail' service. Rest assured we will try until we get the right balance of professional service. Discreet but attentive. Thank you for keeping your humor about all this. Luckily you did enjoy the meal. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Bali.

Sydney, Australia
“Rudest servers I've ever dealt with!”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I would not recommend this restaurant at all! I have never dealt with such rude servers. I placed an order of 5 rolls of sushi. The server told me it might be too much but I reassured her it was fine. She then proceeded to go up to another server, show her my order, point back at me then both started to laugh. I felt as though that was totally unnecessary and rude. Never have I had that happen at a restaurant.

The food it's self was quite lacklustre. The shrimp tempura was so bland, as was the dipping sauce for it. The sushi rolls were subpar. I was really expecting a lot more and was quite disappointed.

Overall I would say your better off taking your money elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, even though it was not enjoyable. We will surely take it up with the manager there. And check as to why it happened at all. Service is one of the most important point in our industry.

Warmest regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion