“first tip to Bali”
Review of The ONE Legian

The ONE Legian
Ranked #35 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 18 September 2011

this is the first ever trip my wife and i have gone overseas so we choose Bali Stayed at 101 Legian ...the staff were wonderful ,the food was great ,the room was very comfortable all up we will stay there every other trip we make to Bali again THE STAFF were the best friendly and helpful in every way 10 star service.we were known as mr kevin and miss catherine it was great they made you feel a million dollars.

Room Tip: third floor great spot close to rooftop restaraunt [4th floor] walk or lift if needed
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Legian101Bali, Management at The 1O1 Legian at The ONE Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Dear Mr. Kevin C,

Greeting from The 1O1 Legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience in staying with us on Trip Advisor.

It’s our pleasure to have you to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you again to the 1O1 legian.

The 1O1 Legian

Write a ReviewReviews (2,416)

Reviewed 15 September 2011

My partner and I traveled through Southeast Asia for 6 weeks and this was my favourite hotel. The 101 feels like a boutique high-end hotel and for the price we paid through agoda, it was a steal. The staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby has 3 computers you can use for free, including a printer, which was helpful. The rooms are a bit small but spacial design was very functional. Due to the great location (it's in the middle of all the action) don't expect complete quiet - maybe some white noise from the city. The rooms decor is contemporary and light. The breakfast is varied and served on the lovely rooftop deck. A couple things that could be improved are the restaurant menu - it wasn't very extensive and the price was high I thought. Also the spa is in the basement and I could hear construction and people dragging furniture around during my massage, which wasn't peaceful. Also the pricing at the spa is high compared to what's offered in other places in the neighbourhood. We never used the gym but it looked great. We used Bali as our jumping off point to go to Ubud, the Gili Islands and to Labuan Bajo (to see Komodo Dragons) and stayed at the 101 three times and each time the service and experience was great and consistent. Overall, I loved this hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr./Mrs. Pkpowerofone,

Greeting from The 1O1 legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

Thank you very much for your comment and taking the time to give us feedback regarding to your stay at The1O1 legian. We do apologize for all of the inconvenience experience that you had during your stay with us here at The 1O1 legian.

We consider all comments to be an essential and important part of our ongoing efforts to maintain and improve product and service. We do hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

The 101 Legian Bali
re: Suitable for shortern stay or young traveller

I didn't planned to stay here but decide to look for the info of the hotel when i walked along Jl. Legian. After have a quick look of other traveller 's review here and noticed that the 101 has a last minute deal which is acceptable to me. I decided to book for my stay.

Overall:
The hotel is stylish & young by it's decoration & always have night music. They have live band at certain night of the week as well. The band sing really good. This is the reason i reckon it fit young & solo traveller. A good entertainment with quality. But may not fit people who prefer a quiet stay.

Advantages:

Location:
Really convinient, just on the street of Jl,. Legian.

Staff:
Really nice & friendly, you will always see their smiles & direct eye contact when ever you walk into their sight. Especially, the lovely girl, Yosefa, at reception counter who always help me check-in my room. I am so impressed that when i came to her second/third time and she can already remember my name. That made me feel so warm & welcoming in a way.

House keep:
They maintain the daily house clean really good, i noticed that they did moped the room when they do the daily house keeping. When ever i walked pass different venue of the hotel, i noticed they always doing the cleaning job like mopping in the Lobby area, use the water to clean the bamboo chair at the roof top restaurant. They really do the best to keep everywhere as clean as possible.

Welcome drinks;
Taste really refreshing to me, and inspire me a bit, i had one drink with the ingredient of mints, lime & ice smoothies. Now i know what i can do with all those mints from the garden. Never thoughts mints in the drinks taste so refreshing. =D

Buffet Breakfast:
Nice Roof top view & surprisingly no flies there. In other restaurant of Bali, i usually need to wave my hand to keep the flies away but not in the 101. However, not much option as a buffet , they serve Bread with toast machine, Homemade jam(taste Good to me, not too sweet), 4kinds of juices, fresh milk, cereal, Fried rice(this is quite inspired to me for my cooking as well), Fried Noodles Or Kwie Tiau Or Glass rice noodles, Salad & Frui & Egg station. I reckon the Egg station did a great job. I like the egg they cooked, just done, not over cook.

Wifi: This is really convinient to have free wifi, but u you need to check the login detail with the staff as they will change it every 2-3days. But it really handy to have free wifi access, the speed is quite good as well.

The Major Problem is;

Really Bad Sound proofed quality;
As quite a few traveller mentioned, You can always hear noise from the corridor, like people chatting, laughing or walk pass your room outside, or slaming the access door of that floor. I will say, better off choose the room at the far end of the corridor to avoid the live band music if you prefer to have a more quiet stay. I have stayed in the second room that close to the lift(Room 212), this is a room with a connecting door, i can easily heard the guest chating & laughing, flushing toilet or using hairdryer in Room211, which was really annoying especially when i was very tired that night. However, when i stay in the other room right at the end of the corridor(around Room 227 to 230), i feel much pleasant at night. I can still heard people who walked pass my room & their talking sound, but not as bad as those front room. As a deep sleeper, i also have problem during my first night stay but not anymore after i move to the other room.

The reason i moved to somewhere else;
At the last night of my stay, i heard a continuous loud knocking sound, whcih was knocking my neighbour door. He was being knocked off outside & not able to get in to grab money to buy drinks. So, he yelled really loud & kept knocking the door, which last for about 30minutes and this happened at mid-night. When there were such kind of inconsiderate traveller around you during your stay, they will just ruin everything, no matter how good is the hotel. But i guess, the hotel style did attract young traveller group, it quite easy to attract people who so keen to get drunk as well. I am not blaming the hotel. However, if the hotel can do something to improve their overall sound proof quality, i reckon this might be less annoying. At least block the gap between the door & door frame. I can see light get through the gap when i 've been forced to wake up at that night. I guess that's how the noise easy get in. In fact, the thin wall & wooden door won't help much to block the sound, but at least block the gap might still make a little bit different.

Room Tip: Avoid the room at the front which is close to the lift & access door of each level. Get the roo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Pigathius C

Dear Mr. /Mrs. Pigathius,

Greeting from The 1O1 legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

Thank you for making The 1O1 Legian as your holiday destination of choice and for spending valuable time in providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We have forward your concern about our room facilities and we really appreciate of your constructive room tips which we will use as benchmark in improving our product and services.
Thank you once again and we do hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

My partner and I booked this hotel on agoda orignally for a three night stay, when we arrived the hotel waas just like the pictures...clean, new and neat. Yes the rooms may be a bit small but perfect for a couple, we hardly spent time in the room, big bed, clean bathroom, 24 hour room clean service. at the end of our three nights stay we stayed on for another 4 nights as we found the hotel to be excellent for the price. So close to clubs and shopping..poppies lane 1 & 2 where all the shopping is great. The hotel is on the same street thet the bali bombing memorial site is on, very very close to clubs. We did not find that we heard any noise during the night, we found it peaceful. I did get woken up by noise one day from restaurant upstairs but it was 12pm in the arvo so it was about time for me to get up anyways haha. the restaurant is on the 4th floor and we were on 3rd floor so maybe that was why. We would definetly stay again and suggest that any young couple or person who is trying to find accommodation in legian close to all the action to book this hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Despite liking the decor and "funky" vibe of this place the rooms are not designed for sleeping due to the "open" architecture. I woke up hearing breakfast being set up 5 floors above my ground floor room at 6am after only getting back to sleep at 4am from the noise of partygoers coming home drunk. At one point, I could hear the guests on both sides of my room using their bathrooms at the same time. The sound of urination in stereo summed up my stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2011

we stayed here for 7 nights at the beginning of our 2 week holiday. the staff were all lovely, up for a chat and great personalities. we stayed in a standard room, it was very small but fine if youre not wanting to hang out in your room all day. the roof top pool was great, as was the restraunt area.Hotel was very clean in all areas. There was a bit of noise at night time as they played music til about 11 and also people slamming doors quite alot! breakfast was a good selection, always plenty of everything and quite fresh. the location is perfect if you want to be amongst the action, close to restraunts and clubs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Legian101Bali, Managemnet at The 1O1 Legian at The ONE Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Mr. /Mrs. Linzee NSW,

Greeting from The 1O1 legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience in staying with us on Trip advisor. We are glad to hear that you have an enjoyable stay with us here at The 1O1 Legian.
We would improve our service to deliver excellent service to meet guest expectation.

On behalf of management we express thank you for your valued commend.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of August. I have to say the staff are fantastic! They were always smiling and saying hello which was really nice to see. The location was also good - right in the middle of all the action! Only problem was that the traffic outside was shocking and sometimes it would take half an hour in a taxi just to move 50 metres.

We had a Deluxe Room which was fairly small, so I don't know how anyone would manage to stay in a Superior Room. Our bathroom though was relatively big, so that was great to see. We also had a really nice balcony overlooking the street, which we loved. We could hear noise, but as we are both late 20's / early 30's we quite enjoyed listening to what was going on outside. One problem with the balcony was that they didn;t provide any chairs, so we needed to ask for staff to bring some up. This was no issue though as the staff happily brought up some chairs very quickly.

We had twin beds in the room and they were very comfortable, but not very big or long. I am 5ft 9 (175cm) and my feet were dangling off the end.

The room service menu is very very limited unfortuantely, but a nice selection. The Spring Rolls are some of the best I have ever tasted!

Breakfast each day was not so good of an experience. The hot food in the buffet kept on running out and each time the staff would only bring out one plate to fill it up, which was the equivalent of about 4 serves. So of course, it would run out very quickly again. It was also pretty cold food, instead of being hot. There was a station though where you could get fresh eggs cooked up and this was good.

The rooftop bar at night is absolutely amazing, but the cocktails are very expensive. Had they have been cheaper, we would have sat up there almost every night. We tried a few on the first night though and they were very good.

Even though there were a few things that I would have liked changed, we still had a great stay (all because of the wonderful staff) and I would consider coming back here again.

Room Tip: Book the Deluxe - not the Superior!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Legian101Bali, Management at The 1O1 Legian at The ONE Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Mr./Mrs. Sezzy_m,

Greeting from The 1O1 legian, a Smart Stylish Experience….

Thank you for making The 1O1 legian as your holiday destination of choice and for spending valuable time in providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We do apologies for any inconvenience during your stay caused of the noisy area at our hotel and we really appreciate of your kind understanding for it. Glad to hear that you liked our deluxe room with balcony facing to the street.

We have forward your concern about the breakfast to our Food & beverage Team for their improvement as we always do the best of service for our guest during their stay.
Your feedback to the 1O1 legian is highly appreciated and this become one of great opportunity for us to be more advanced in the future.