“Clean, modern, stylish”
Review of The ONE Legian

The ONE Legian
Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We got a great deal from agoda.com
Friendly service
Clean room all the time
Great rooftop pool
The only annoying thing was that some tv channels were not in English.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank fionak905

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Ok were do I start ..This hotel was recommended by our travel agent ..
This was my 18th visit to Bali and I was looking forward to a nice relaxing break with my sister ..
We arrived at the hotel at arround 9.30pm .. Checked in and were taken to our room ..
Opened the door and was very disappionted ..This room was so small ..it had 2 very small beds a tiny box of a bathroom which contained a shower,toilet and vanity sink .the towels were on a rack above the tiolet .you couldnt even dry yourself let alone put your clothes on in privacy in there if you wanted to ..The room also had a tv on the wall a small fridge and an open rail to hang a few items of clothing ..so not the Bali experience I have had had over the years. Very retro and un Bali like .
any ways we unpacked and settled in for the night but The COUPLE in the next room were doing the wikld thing all night and with the walls being so thin we hardly got any sleep ..Then at about 7am the construction starts up ..omg this hotel is seriously noisy .. We went 2 nights in this room and it was so horriable ..the noice of constant movement and the paper thin walls was enough to make me complain ..
I complained to reception about the room ,.but was told there were no more rooms avaiable I then said that I wanted my money back so we could change to another hotel .But because our travel agent booked for us we werent entitled to a refund ..so being very unhappy we said that we would tell our agent not to recommend this hotel to anyone ,we were then told we could have a pool access room which was on the 3 rd floor ..we went and packed our stuff and moved to our new room which was very nice and a lot bigger ..But it had a king size bed ..I*m on holiday with my sister remember .. they expected us to share the same bed ..OMG can this hotel get any worse !! I complained again and wanted them to add a single bed in the room ..but was told that the room was to small for one ..so we shared the bed for 3 nights and not once did our room get cleaned or made up we even had to request clean towels be brought to us ..I even have bed bug bites on my back ,
All I can say is that do your home work first ..if your a couple then the pool access rooms would suit you fine ..the other rooms are small and crap .
This hotel does'nt have that Bali feel to it at all ..with the beauiful lush gardens and relaxing aroma you would expect in Bali .
Dont recommend this hotel at all ..

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank aussie_jo123
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is a great place to stay that is central to the Legian/Kuta scene. Superior room was nice but a bit small. Bar staff (lobby and rooftop) are a bit cheeky, but otherwise the staff, particularly the pool attendants and the pool bar staff were fantastic and clearly took pride in their work. Entertainment was good. If you like a "quiet" place to relax and your not into sitting by the pool, you might find the walls/floors a bit thin here. It served it's purpose for us, central, comfortable, convenient!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karina R
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I went to Bali to spent the belated new year celebration with my family. My sister doesn't like to stay in small hotel besides we also wanted to stay near the beach, and my friend recomended me to stay at The 101 Legian. The hotel was nice, and had a modern designed. Even though outside our room was a little bit noisy but we still enjoyed the cleanliness and the room service. The staff were so nice, friendly, and helpful. This hotel had a really beautiful and cozy rooftop. I had a family dinner at the rooftop and the atmosphere was so great with the most beautiful sunset I ever seen.
The most important part was the location. This hotel had a strategic location in Bali. The location is in the heart of Kuta, really near to the beach, and just several KM to the souvenir and Balinese products.
My family and I had a really nice holiday in Bali, we enjoyed Bali with an amazing hotel.
I definitely would recomend this hotel to all of my friends :)
Btw, this hotel is suitable too for a newly married couple!! This place is so romantic!! :)
Thank you The 101 Legian hotel for the fabulous experience :) I will come back again soon :D

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sri L
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Its been so many times I experienced rooftop at the 1O1 Legian, I must say, I was truly impressed with the service and the hospitality, most of the staff are nice and helpful, they know how to serve the guest very well.

My last experienced was few days ago...we had a dinner with a family at the rooftop, at the first step on the restaurant, Mr Agung as the FnB manager greet us and welcoming us, and also the rest of the staff :), lucky us heheh, we ordered a a platter, healthy soup for appetizers, Famous Crispy Duck, and Sirloin Steak :) Yummy... then while we were waiting the food comes out, suddenly the the Chef "Raka" welcoming us and offer us a special dish which is not on a menu :), we are so excited... one word I'd love to said.. "Surprise Us!!"
Chef special dish is more into fusion, combination between Japanese, Chinese and local Balinese... it'was superb.. we enjoy the dinner that night and we felt so special that day, the rest of the menu was served fresh on the table, I enjoy every single bite we had.

The restaurant ambiance also amazing, we had the most beautiful sun set scene at the roof top, and made our day even perfect and left the restaurant felling lucky :)

Thank you The 1O1 Legian, Dewi Mas Bloem and Ferian Chung for shared us a good memorable experience, and I looking forward to return again :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank HendraOktaviano82
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My friend and I stayed here last June (2011), taking advantage of the grand opening specials.
There were a few hiccups due to being a new hotel, but I could not fault the friendly staff, and the delicious buffet breakfast :)
The rooftop pool is fabulous, and the rooms were tidy but very small for two people. That said, I dont tend to spend much time in my room when in Bali.
I would consider again for a night or two max.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kiwi1074
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This had to have the 2nd worst hotel I have stayed in ever. We stayed there for 5 nights in January 2012 and I have to say the only good thing was the location it was right there in the hustle and bustle of it all but that's it.

Where do I begin, it started by the hotel staff leaving our bags on the street for about 10 mins and me waiting and watching and hoping no one will walk away with them and with hotel staff hanging around saying no one will take it yet neither of them were going willing to take it up to reception for me. At check in the hotel staff for friendly but not overly nice, they swiped the AMEX a few times and found it had been rejected, gaave them another card and everything was fin. Following on from the AMEX issue we called the card issuer and they said the hotel had put in the wrong number for the ccv 3 times...to me hotel staff should know the basics of where to find a ccv number on a AMEX differs to a VISA or Mastercard.

We were taken to our room and we were in the basement, no windows, no natural light, the room was sooooo tiny it was actually rather upsetting, I remember at one point I walked between the bed and the tv that hung on the wall and my elbow smacked into the wall and tv just caause of the sheer lack of space. The bathroom much worse, small, no shelving and no ventilation. In addition to all that I have mentioned this room was right underneath the breakfast area so first thing in the morning that wonderful sound of chairs being dragged across the floor, foot steps and music. It felt like we were bats for a night.

As this was all experienced on the 1st of 5 nights, my husband had to fix this as it was really very depressing and after much discussion and complaining we packed up our room and were moved to the floor above reception. This room was better than the 1st there was windows and natural light so no neccessary to have the lights on all the time and was much larger in size so no more elbow smacking on walls but as for the location of the room not much better, this one was located on top of the breakfast area with the entrance of our room overlooking the breakfast area so every morning noisy and to add the smell of eggs cooking wafting into the room in the early hours.

I don't want to keep harping on about the negatives but just to add a few more our room wasn't made up and we were out of the room for at least 6 hours and had the sign on the door and lastly there are just not enough tables available at breakfast so you are waiting around for someone to finish so you can have a table first of all and then you have to find someone to clean the table when you finally get one.

The hotel looks nice and is clean and new and flash but new isn't always best...this hotel has a lot to learn for me to recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor it more than likely will have a window.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple