“We all loved Mozzarella by the Sea ...”

Mozzarella by the Sea at Maharta
Ranked #38 of 231 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: Italian, American, International, European, Asian, Indonesian, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New South Wales
“We all loved Mozzarella by the Sea ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Eleven of us met for drinks and dinner, beautiful location, right on the beach. Cocktails were great and 2 for 1 all night. We all had a couple of drinks, shared some spring rolls and garlic bread and all ate a main .. The bill AU$200 !! I had the best tasting chicken satay sticks I have had in Bali, scrumptious !! My husband had Mahi-Mahi, a couple of people had delicious tasting cabonaras, somebody had ribs, there was everything you could imagine on the menu, and not a complaint out of 11 people !! A great find.

1 Thank HolidayLover006

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“Great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The sea view is what drew me in, as a meal in the seaside is hard to surpass. The food was average as the chicken in the sandwich was battered and extremely soggy. The 2-1 cocktails did help ease the pain though.
Food 4.5/10 service 8/10 decor 6.5/10

Rockingham, Australia
“Wonderful atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I went to Mozzarella by the sea with a few friends and it was just what I'd imagined a good Bali restaurant to be. The atmosphere was sensational. Good music, sea breeze and cocktails flowing. They offer split billing straight up and give you different cards like A, B and C to charge what you're ordering straight to them.

The food is cheap but I would have liked to see some more upmarket things on the menu like mud crab or full lobster. I ordered the seafood platter which was only $13 and it was just fish and a few prawns. I didn't expect much for $13 but I would have liked the option to pay substantially more and get a REAL seafood platter.

Cocktails were amazing! I highly recommend the Tirimasu cocktail, absolutely divine!

This place is great for a cheap night out with mates.

Perth, Australia
“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I love Mozzarella. We love Mozzarella Padma and Magani. I was excited about taking first timers to Mozzarella by the Sea and raved for days about it. Wish I hadn't of said anything! This was by no means up to the standard of the other restaurants. The pasta was swimming in gluggy cream and if you were expecting chicken or salmon, good luck in finding it and the duck was like rubber. I have no idea why the food was so bad. I spoke to Doni (Manager) and he was lovely enough to take off some of the meals from the final bill and discounted the others. He did everything in his power to rectify our below standard meals and was very understanding. No one in our group will be going to a Mozzarellas in the near future which is a shame. My husband and I will definately go back, although its debatable if we go to the one by the sea. Doni your an asset, its a shame your kitchen doesn't deliver the same standard.

1 Thank yecartle
Newcastle, Australia
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Food was average ..had garlic prawns & nasi goreng ..food much better at Mozzarella in jl padma .. had emailed restaurant day before for booking ..they did sent confirmation email ..but when arrived they did not have our booking ..lucky was not a large party booking .. Table found for two ..make sure you take the mozzie spray ..