“Perfect location, nice room, breakfast under average”

The Aroma's of Bali Hotel & Residence
Ranked #84 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The location is very good, easy to find transports, shopping area, a lot of restaurants - cafe - bar around. It were very nice to walking around this area. The rooms of this hotel are pretty good (room C1O and S1E), worth the money (we got some discount from an acquaintance), clean, pretty nice scenery, friendly staffs. But the breakfast are not so good. We spent another IDR 35,000 for additional breakfast per person. I could be stay here for my next Bali trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank leev_natalivea

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We attended a relative wedding in Bvlgari hotel last week. And all the invited guess been arranged to stayed in this hotel (The Aroma’s Bali Hotel & residential) for easy pick up and drop off during wedding and tour arrangement. We are a group of about 70 peoples, stayed here from 26-31 June 13, occupy the fifth floor and some rooms in third floor (all are studio type).

The first day we check-in is already a nightmare to us and the “maintenance staff”. Most of the rooms air conditional not working properly the maintenance guys run from one room to another room to fix the aircon. Some room don’t have towel provided which you have to walk to the counter and ask for one as there is no “phone” provided in the room to call housekeeping or counter. The light at our doorstep is not working, our bathroom have very strong unpresant smell so we have to keep our bathroom door close all day.

Pros:
1.Great location: shopping, nightlife, massage, 24hr convenient store all are at your doorsteps.
2.Pool: swimming pools is nice
3.Friendly staff: Counter Staffs are friendly and fast response to your request.
4.Bathroom: provided with soap, sampoo and boothbrush.
5.Kitchen: coffee and tea provided + complimentary water, kattle (but rusty inside so I never use it to boil water)
6.Breakfast: We check out at 3:30am, told the counter staff one day in advance and packed breakfast is arrange for every guest (1 pack milk, 1 bun, 1 biscuit, 1 water)

Cons:
1.Bathroom: no glass door or curtain between toilet and shower, no towel rail for you to hang your towel or cloth, unpresant smell in bathroom, there is no shower cap and cotton butt.
2.There were no personal safe in our room, no hanger and mirror which some of the room are provided, when ask for one they told us “Out of stock”!!!
3.Stain found on towel and bed sheet (almost all the room bed sheet are stain some even have blood stain – Hope management can look into this problem seriously)
4.There is no slipper provided in the room. Floor is dirty.
5.Housekeeping: From day 1 till I check out there is no housekeeping to clean my room, When I found there is no make up in my room, I went to the counter and ask for new towel, water and toilet roll, they promise tomorrow there will be someone come and clean…. But it never happened, second day we remind the staff at counter again, same thing.. no one come and clean, I totally give up and don’t bother to ask again. (just go to counter and get your new towel and water everyday). My friends’ room which have housekeeping to clean the room face another problem.. the housekeeping staff will take your towel and never replace with new towel. When you return to hotel, first thing you need to check is “towel”. Some of them just go shower without checking then you will have problem as there is no phone in the room to call housekeeping to sent you towel, you have to get dress (without dry you off) and walk to counter to ask for one. The counter staff told us the housekeeping will collect all the towel and send to laundry company, the new towel will only send to hotel at 6pm!!! Means that if you reach your hotel before 6pm you may not have towel! What the…..
6.Breakfast variety is basic, everyday the same.
7.Traffic jam: because it locate at the main street of Legian area, even in the early morning 4am the traffic is busy, easy to get a taxi from here.
Overall, we are not happy with the dirty bed sheet, towel arrangement, and smelly bathroom… but we like the location… Will look for other hotel along Legian street next trip but not this one…..(we spotted few along the street)

Room Tip: Room facing swimming pool will have better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2013

decent room with small kitchen next to the pool.
hotel was busy with local tourists who screamed(really screamed. not laughed, not talked loudly. screamed. over and over and over) in the pool til 11. everyone banged around at 5:30 am getting ready for breakfast, running in the hall, screaming and yelling in every hallway.every 3 days the tourists would leave(loudly) and another group would show up in the evening to try to out scream the last group. appalling. nice staff, but again...LOUD. chatting loudly and smoking outside our door at 1 a.m. oh god, so loud.

Room Tip: bring industrial strength sleeping pills and earplugs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rob o
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

The location of these hotel is behind Legian street where legian is has a lot of bar, cafe and night club. But the hotel haven't weight park area. Near the hotel have minimarket, salon and souvenir shop. You wouldn't feel unsatisfaction if stay here..

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Irfantaufikr
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay for a long time and budget. Strategic place. Near pub, club, bali food, rent car n bike. Will stay here again later..
The swimmingpool too much kaporit i think...the water warm enough :)
The AC and TV in best condition..

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Pamkeren
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I had booked this hotel for an 11 night stay based on there was 2 bedroom apartment style accomodation available. Although I had been a bit dubious about booking here based on previous reviews, I am a 65 year old man, and was travelling with my two teenage grandaughters, so we needed the two bedrooms. Sadly the glossy pictures and the hotel advertising propaganda did not match the truth.

I had requested a room with a pool view. The first room they showed us on the 2nd floor had a view of someone's backyard that resembled a pig pen. I refused that room and was then shown one on the first/ground floor (Room No. S1B) looking at the pool. Although there was a strong smell of napthalene/mothballs when we first walked into the room, I just thought it was a cleaning smell and that it would go away once the placed was aired out. By this time, we were all tired and just wanted to get into our room, so I accepted it and paid for the full 11 nights in advance. When I eventually manage to get the sliding door onto the balcony opened (latch did not want to work properly at any time), I realised that our balcony was tiny, compared to the other rooms in the wing of the hotel opposite us, and that the main thoroughfare path to the rest of the hotel from reception was right outside our bedroom windows.

When I walked into the bathroom which was a fairly decent size, I found this huge mothball lying on top of the shower drain, so i took it outside to the balcony to get rid of the smell in our room. Big mistake, within minutes, our room started to build up this terrible odour of sewerage, I went back into the bathroom and it was coming from the shower drain. Back out to the balcony, retrieved the mothball and put it back on the shower drain. Proceeded to wash my hands in the bathroom hand basin and water dripped onto my foot. I looked under the basin and could see there was a leak in the piping. There was also no plug for the hand basin. Next i used the toilet, It would not flush. I took off the lid to check out the flushing mechanism and it ws all held together by string. Eventually got that going. Then I tried to take a shower, no shower curtain seperating the shower from the rest of the bathroom/toilet area, so everything got soaked. Also the towel racks were broken and did not exist. clean towels had been left on the table in the lounge area. Finished having a shower and then had to mop up the floor, and wipe down toilet. There was no phone in the room, so I could not call reception to complain about these problems, so I decided it was best we went to bed and I would sort it out the next day. Tried to close our curtain and it fell off onto my head. Track was broken and it ws just hung over the edge of the track. Had the wall mounted air conditioner going above my bed, It hardly sent out any cool air at all. At about 3 in the morning I wake up with water dripping onto me and the bed from the airconditioner. Turned it of and went back to sleep only to be woken again at about 6:15 am with loud noises of kids screaming and yelling coming from outside our balcony area. I got up to see what the problem was and there were about 6 little asian kids yelling and screaming and playing in the pool right outside our bedroom windows, and the parents making no attempt to keep them quiet. Finally we went to have breakfast which had been included in the price of our room at about 7 am. The dining room was completely full of asian people, nd the only food available was asian style, and not really wht we had wanted for breakfast. We ended up having toast and watered down orange juice. Ny grandaughters advised me that their airconditionedr tleaked on their bed as well and their curtain hanger was broken as well. I had also notice bad water staining on the ceilings of my bedroom and the main living area. The table cloth runners had mould on them. I eventually managed to get someone over to check out the aircon problems, but he had no clue what he was doing and only cleaned the filters instead of trying to unblock the drains. They continued to leak. There were mould stains on the walls and ripped wallpaper in my grandaughters' bedroom. Finally after three nights of frustration, noise, inconsiderate hotel guests, I told my grandaughters we were going to move to another hotel. We ended up staying one extra night and moved to another hotel. I could go on and on at the problems we encountered during our stay there, but I am sure most readers would get a good idea of what to expect if the do. You would really be better off staying at the Adi Dharma Hotel about 200 metres up the road where we moved to. A far far superior place than The Aromas of Bali.

My overall impression of The Aromas of Bali was that the reception staff tried hard to please and the cleaning staff were pleasant, but they have no clue when it comes to maintenance and cleaning of rooms. The people who manage this hotel make absolutely no effort to keep the hotel or the roooms and grounds in a good state of repair and cleanliness, or train their staff. This hotel caters for the low end of the asian tourist market (we were the only western people there). It is definitley not suitable for Western or the more influential asian people to stay there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank Koalapete
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed in this hotel only for a day and a half to transit from Ubud to Lombok. For Rp. 475.000,- per night plus extended time charge (half of the price), it was just fine.

Rooms are nice, with its own balcony facing the pool. The service was average. We didn't taste the breakfast, since we've had to go outside early in the morning and coming back after lunch time.

The pool was nice, even though I have to wait until the next day to swim, since the staff just put the cleaning drug into the pool at night.

The location was great. It was easy to acces shops, drugstore, minimarkets in Legian street.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank vyaraw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Serela Legian Hotel
The Spot Legian
The Spot Legian
#73 of 87 in Legian
Sunset Residence Condotel

Been to The Aroma's of Bali Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!