“Best Surf School Ever!”

UP2U Surf School Bali
Ranked #1 of 46 Tours in Legian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: # 40% CHEAPER # Very Affordable # Great Fun For Everyone # Level 3 certified surf coaches # Surf Lessons and guiding # Safe and friendly environment # Professional facilities and equipment. UP2U Surf School Bali is owned and run by Australian professional surfers our aim is to teach you the awesome sport of surfing whilst providing professional services, facilities and equipment in a safe environment this guarantee's your Bali surf lesson’s and guiding will be amazing and something to always remember. UP2U cater's for all levels of surfing from beginners to advanced surfers and invite you to learn the awesome sport of surfing in a safe, fun and relaxing environment. For more details click the 'WEBSITE' link on this page. Wanna Go For Surf - IT's UP2U
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Paul and his staffs are very professional and patience in giving you the lesson. Their method is very effective and you can see this when the students succesfully stand on their boards by themselves after only few times trying.
The lesson begin with warming up: walk your board from the school, which is exactly in front of Padma beach, to the best surf spot in Legian beach. It's only 5 minutes walk and no complaints at all as this is good for your legs and arms before start surfing. Don't worry about your stuff, you can leave them in the school's locker safe.
When you are in the location, the coaches start the verbal lesson and ask you to practice it directly. This gives you good clue on what should you do in the water.
Then the lesson take you to the water and the coach will guide you until you can surf by yourself. They guide you how to choose your wave and exactly what to do step by step. First they will help you stand by holding the board, then after a few times you can do it by yourself, even for those who cant swim very well like me ;)
There is a photographer from the school who is taking picture of you learning and you can get your photos burned in a CD with a fair-cheap price, you can shower while waiting the process finish.
Thanks to Paul and everyone at UP2U, great job! I'm a surfer now :)
I definitely recommend UP2U Surf School for anyone, kids to adults, beginner to advanced surfer.

2  Thank vee_vita
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Hi Vee_Vita,

Hope you are very well and thank you so much for your awesome review I reall appreciate it.

Our program has been carefully constructed and is constantly improved to try and make our guests super happy when they come to UP2U to learn how to surf, I'm constantly asking our guests for feedback because this is super important to me and the company we want to be the best surf school in Bali and any feedback good or bad helps us to give people what they want.

We do use other parts of the beaches in Legian and Kuta the reason why is that we do analyze the best and safest surf spots for our guests this allows us to deliver a great surfing experience we even sometimes surk in Seminyak and Canngu this gives guests a great experience and also allows them to see a bit of Bali as well.

Our program is in line with the International Surfing Association and we are constantly doing training workshops with our staff to improve all our surf packages we find that we have a great success rate when it comes to teaching people how to surf.

It was so awesome to see you standing up and to see your biiig smile was great satisfaction for me.

I'm hoping we see you back at UP2U for another surf it will be great to see you again

Pauland the crew from UP2U Surf School Bali

There are newer reviews for UP2U Surf School Bali

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked a private lesson and although it wasn't completely private (there were a few others in my group), the instructors still kept a close eye on me and gave me pointers on my technique. I love the zen calmness of these guys; they really helped me to stay focused and improve. Unfortunately I only had time for one session, but when I go back to Bali I will definitely go back to UP2U for more lessons.

Paul is a great communicator and it is very easy to book and pay for your lessons through him. Price includes hotel pickup, all equipment and gear rental, plus access to lockers. They also have a professional photographer taking pictures of you while you surf -- you'll be surprised how cool you look, even if you're still a beginner! A picture CD costs 150,000 IDR but well worth it for the action shots you can brag about to your friends :)

1  Thank tinynancer
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi TinyAncer

Hi there, thanks heaps for this great review and thank you for surfing with UP2U.

With our privates we do assign 1 instructor for one person but unfortunately with Bali being a major surfing destinations it's hard to have a surf on your own I have instructed our staff that all private's and semi privates are to be separated from the other surfers but it can be difficult due to the over abundance of surf schools here in Bali

I did see you where a little worried about surfing so I asked my instructor to keep asuper close watch on you and he aid you went very, very well.

We do try to give people the true spirit of surfing because we all have surfed most of our lives and the 'zen' that you speak of comes from the ocean and is now a big part of soul - it's a great feeling.

We loved having you at the surf school you had such a beautiful energy and t was great to see your smile it made us all feel great and we do miss you.

Our photographer is very good and he knows exactly when to take that perfect picture at the best moment and I also look at the pictures and give people some pointers about their technique.

When you come back to Bali and I hope it's soon we would love to have you drop in and say hello it was our pleasure to have yu surf at UP2U

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I highly recommend Up2U for both beginners and those with experience! The owner, Paul, and his team are incredible instructors and very friendly. I took two classes there and it beats training that I obtained at other locations by miles! The prices are reasonable ans the training is great. (Honestly - I wasted my time at other places and wish I'd have gone there first). The instructors are very helpful and motivate and coach you very effectively. They first provide theory, then on the sand training, and practice in the water. They are right there with you, and they watch you carefully and provide good recommendations for you to improve, in very good English. You can take breaks when you want and deink water that is provided for you. The photographers take very good photos, and they are available for a fee. Lockers are free to use and were safe. I will definitely go back to this school when I come back in the future.

1  Thank YouKnowHowItIs

Hi YouKnowHowItIs,

Thanks heaps for this great review and thank you for surfing with UP2U.

It was our honour to have such a talented surfer come and learn how to surf with UP2U.

To see you just stand up with such ease was great and to watch you absorb all the information that we show you in the theory and practical's was proof that you really love your surfing I hope you do return and have another surf school.

At UP2U we have highly trained certifed instructors who all have many years of surf experience and it definately shows because all our guests are very successful at staning up, most on the first attempt.

Our online turtorials also help our guests to understand how the ocan works and we know that many of our guests can continue with the surfing after they have left Bali.

Our facilities are as good if not better than all the other surf schools here in Bali and because the surf school is small we find that we make many friends and this is a great feeling to.

I'm hoping we see you ripping up the waves again when you do visit Bali and please pop in and say hello.

Take care mate,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I are from london and used the school as an intro to surfing in Sept 2013. Paul the owner was very accommodating and Agun our instructor was real fun. Learnt lots and they got us up on the first day. We loved it. UP2U rocks!
Darren & Maria

ps. We will be back in October thisyear for part 2!

1  Thank ArtexursixII

Hi Artexurshicll,

thank you so much for your review I do really appreciate that you have taken the time to let the world know about UP2U surf School Bali.

It was awesome to have you both surf at UP2U it's always great to meet such nice people.

We can't wait till we have you surfing with UP2U again it was awesome in Sept 2013 and I know it's going to be allot of fun this October - we can't ait to have another surf with you again.

This time we will be you both out the back and catch some nice green waves

Looking forward to meet you both again!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The guys were great, very professional and patient. We actually leard how to surf and we also had a lot of fun! I also appreciated the fact that they scheduled one class at 6 am in the morning due to our programme. Thank you all so much! I had a great experience!

1  Thank Ancaplaton
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Ancaplaton,

A1 and A2 thank you guys for surfing with UP2U and thanks heaps for the great review.
When you first booked I did get a little confused because you both had the same names but what a lovely pair of ladies you are.

You both loved surfing so much and to see you at the surf school so much was awesome and the last day when we went for that morning surf was amazing such great surf conditions and so much fun

It was great to see you both catching so many great waves and in the end to see you both trying surfing on your own was equally awesome.

We do miss you both your smiles where so big and your hearts very beautiful
All the staff and me can’t wait to see you both again and go surfing

info@up2usurfschool.com