“Awesome!”

UP2U Surf School Bali
Ranked #1 of 47 Tours in Legian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: # 40% CHEAPER # Very Affordable # Great Fun For Everyone # Level 3 certified surf coaches # Surf Lessons and guiding # Safe and friendly environment # Professional facilities and equipment. UP2U Surf School Bali is owned and run by Australian professional surfers our aim is to teach you the awesome sport of surfing whilst providing professional services, facilities and equipment in a safe environment this guarantee's your Bali surf lesson’s and guiding will be amazing and something to always remember. UP2U cater's for all levels of surfing from beginners to advanced surfers and invite you to learn the awesome sport of surfing in a safe, fun and relaxing environment. For more details click the 'WEBSITE' link on this page. Wanna Go For Surf - IT's UP2U
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Sunday August 17, me and 2 other friends had a beginners class at uptou surf school. It was great! The instructors did their job well and were very nice. You get what you paid for and even more. I had problems with my foot and they asked if I was okay all the time. They were very caring, even the next day when I just came to see my friends surfing at uptou (because i couldn't anymore because of my foot). Next time I visit Bali I will continue my surflessons at uptou surfschool for sure. Thanks guys! Greetings from the Netherlands (Maastricht), Karlyn Colen

1 Thank Karelcarel
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
Hi there Karelcarel,

We always love getting nice people like you surf at the surf school and thanks heaps for the review.

Our guests are completely number one and when you said you had a sore foot I made sure that you where always looked after our guests are our highest priority.

We are lucky to have such great instructors and they all are equally as caring as me about our guests I asked the to make sure that you where looked after and this they did.

It was great to have you and all your friends surfing with UP2U it was a pity that the toe nail stopped what was a great time by all.

I hope it feels better

If you visit Bali again lease feel free to come in and say hello and I hope the toe is all fgood and you can surf in Bali with us.

Paul and the crew from UP2U Surf School Bali

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
Singapore, null, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Surf School with awesome people!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is my second time learning surfing with Up2U Surf School this year. My friend and i were very determine to pick up surfing. In fact during the first visit in feb, under the guidance of their Instructor Agun, we were already able to stand on the board and ride some small waves. It was so fun and addictive that we decided that we have to come back real soon. And so here we are, just ended a 3 days beginner course with Up2U surf school. It was again another memorable experience. The waves were really high and strong during the second day that Paul actually had about 10 instructors down in the water with us. Though the waves were scary, the instructors are always looking out for us to ensure our safety. Best part is that we had a surf trip to Jimbaran beach too! It was more than awesome!

Up2U is definitely the only place i want to learn surfing with. Not forgetting to mention that enquires through email were responded very quickly and absolutely no hidden cost on the course fee. Paul and his team of instructors are very professional and attentive. They were very generous in sharing their knowledge and clear on the points to make us improve better. I am very very very happy to have learn surfing with them and already looking forward to the next time learning with them again!

1 Thank yvonnekui
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, 3 November 2014
Hi Yvonnekul,

Thanks heaps for the review and it was very nice to have you come back and surf with UP2U again.

It was great to see you start so strongly when you where surfing and to watch you riding some nice waves and having a great time was so awesome.

Sometimes the ocean throws some pretty big swell at Bali and because safety is paramount at UP2U I allocated more instrctors to teach because I wanted all my guests to be super safe.

When the waves are big we do go to Jimbaran for a surf because the waves there are much smaller plus it's also a great way to see some of Bali and have heaps of fun with your new surf friends at a lovely beach, this is Jimbaran.

We do try to be super transparent with all our costs ths way our guests have a seamless surf experience witout being hit by a surprise that may lower their surf experience our prices are the most competitive in Bali but I try to give a service that is worth it's weight in gold because our guests are our most inportant asset.

It's going to be great too see you come back and surf in Bali again and I hope we see you surfing our new hard boards can't wait to see you rip up those waves again.

Metro Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Private lessons for 3 days”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I signed up for 3 days of private sessions with the school and improved as a beginner thanks to Paul and his team. Each day, I learned something new from the instructor assigned to me and was able to apply it then and there. At the start, I joined group sessions for lessons about understanding waves and for warm-ups. Then, when it was time to hit the water, I was accompanied by an instructor up to the end of the 2-hour session. What I liked about the private session is that the instructor provides real-time feedback and encouragement. Another great thing is that Paul himself was by my side coaching me as I surfed to shore in the second session. Paul was very accommodating especially when I wasn't used to the cool temperature of the water by providing me with an alternative suit to stay warm so that I could continue surfing.

1 Thank Maggie M
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, 5 November 2014
Hey there Maggie, thank you so much for your review it really helps us out.

Well hat can l say you are a gun! You would of been one of the most determined guest we have had you took on the surf like a lion I was very stoked to have you join us at UP2U

In our group lessons we do concentrate on safety and also teach people about how the ocean works and you absorbed all this infomation very quickly. We teach all our private, semi provaes and groups the beach theory together but you beinga private where then taken away to your own place to surf.

Some of the pictures of you taking off on the green waves where pretty amazing and I was super stoked when I did see them you definately have got a huge heart and we will be stoked when you come back to Bali and hopefully we can surf again.

Coonamble, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to start the day!!!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife, a friend and myself did the morning class. Neither of us had ever surfed in our lives. There was a issue with it being independence day in Bali with our transport. But after a phone call from Paul we were given some easy directions and it turns out it was always quicker to walk there. Found the place with no problems at all, we had "Chip" as our instructor, he was laid back and fun. We loved every single minute of this surfing school. We would come back in a heart beat but do a lot more lessons. Even though we were terrible surfers we couldn't wipe the smile off our face and were talking about it days after. Good price which we thought after the lesson was amazing value for money, we were in the water for a long time and at the end of it i was stuffed. So pass on our thanks to Chip, Paul and we look forward to coming back again soon.

2 Thank Josh_Hedges
Hi Josh_Hedges,

Thank you so much for your review Josh.

On the day you surfed it was a national holiday and all our drivers did have the day off but I have worked very hard to make a easy to use direction details with different land marks and peope do find it pretty easy to find the surf school.

Chip, yep he is a very good instructor very patient and very experienced we are very luck to have him on board all our guests like him and he is very considerate, a very good man.

It would of been awesome to have you do more surfing you where all very, very nice people with beautiful hearts we love it when we get great people like you surf with UP2U.

You were not that bad you were standing and smilingand having heaps of fun and that is the true spirit of surfing having fun.

Our prices are very good and for what you get many other surf schools would struggle to deliver I'm very proud of UP2U and l work hard at keeping it one of the leading surf schools in Bali.

When you come back you will be very welcome to pop in and say hello l will be super stoeked to have you all back anytime

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best surf school - Bali”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I had never surfed before and was really hesitant to go in the water, in fear of getting hurt or pummeled by huge waves. These fears quickly faded when I realized I was in excellent hands. The instructors are extremely experienced, patient, helpful, and beyond friendly. They give you tips on everything and teach you everything you need to know before setting foot in the water. By the end of the lesson I was able to stand up on the board and successfully catch several waves which was super exciting. I guarantee by the end of your lesson regardless of your athleticism or prior surf experience you will get up on the board, as I mentioned the instructors are wonderful. The surf school provides you with the boards and the attire which is also a huge help. Overall the experience was phenomenal and I plan to come back for another visit.

1 Thank Gutmanj15
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, 7 November 2014
Hi Gutmanj15,

Hope you're very well and thanks heaps for the review.

You where a little nervous and this is completely normal we are land animals and when people do venture into the ocean tere are some 'alarm bells' ringing everyone who starts a surf lesson would agree.

At UP2U we have highly trained staff and the main thing we focus on is safety this is number one on our priority list. All guests to UP2U go through a safety breifing and work shop that explains about how the ocean moves this is also backed by practical beach work shops this all put together does give all our guests a safe level of confidence and all our guests experience a high level of success I think the reason for this is people do feel like they are in safe hands when surfing in Bali with UP2U.

UP2U is blessed with a great crew of surf instructors, admin crew and an awesome photographer my role is to manage this and deliver a great product at an exceptional price but my main focus is that eople have heaps of fun this is what we do and deliver.

I was pretty stoked when I did see you pictures you had the bisggest smile and I'm safe to say that you now know that feelin - surfing is awesome.

If you ever come back to Bali I really hope you come back and say hello and maybe we can all go for a surf again, I would be stoked.

Paul and the crew from UP2U Surf School Bali