“Strategic & comfy bed, but small parking lot.”

Rivavi Fashion Hotel
Ranked #72 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Strategic & comfy bed, but small parking lot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stay here with my wife and daughter for 3 night.. The hotel feels new, somewhat small, and clean. Room is also clean, suprisingly big & the bed is comfy, but the room I got has a small window with no view (wall & AC split outdoor unit view, actually). Ask for room with balcony & pool view if you prefer. The plus side of my room is it maybe quieter than other room.

The bathroom is enough for me. But the splash from shower could make the entire bath floor wet.

The room service is fast, and I order some menu like nasi goreng kampung, omelette, and hawaian delight pizza and I think its delicious enough for my taste, but my wife think the food somewhat tasteless.

My first breakfast is such disappointment for us. it's tasteless, and we think the pasta is not fully cooked and cold with just a little sauce. This breakfast almost made us change our hotel, but we're too lazy to pack our luggage. There is improvement in second and third breakfast but there's just a little menu change so at the third, we just scoop the breakfast to fill our stomach a little.

At the third night (sat nite), there're group of hotel cust who chit chat so loud at 2 AM and make us can't sleep. That's why I'll reconsider to stay here on holiday season.

The pool seems nice, but don't have time to use it. So no comment.

Hotel staff all friendly, attentive and fast respond.

Location is nice. Walking distance to kuta, legian, seminyak. There's nice art & souvenir market In front of the hotel with bargain price, even if you compare it with sukawati. Just try to bid the price :D.

The parking lot is small! But can't do anything about that..

Well, a nice hotel to stay overall..

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank dharou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at Rivavi for 7 nights and loved it. My room had a balcony overlooking the pool. The bed was comfy and the pillows were lovely and clean. The breakfast was excellent but sometimes there were people smoking in the restaurant which isn't allowed but staff didn't do anything about it. Also I always knew when my neighbors were home because I cigarette smoke would leak through under my balcony door. Overall this hotel is well worth the money and is in a fantasic location. There's a great coffee shop across the road, many restaurants and even a Commonwealth bank.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Dianne J
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I got an extremely good bargain through Agoda, and chose to stay here again. And I got a better room! This time with a window, same size but it felt bigger.

Good service at the check in. Everything works in the room. Good and free WiFi. Very good bed.
Sloppy cleaning. Found debris and clusters of hair on the floor.

Practical. Short walk to shopping, restaurants and Legian Beach.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have a window.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Hotel modern, rooms small but modern and clean, very dark, no hot water. Pool refreshing but no where to sit around, feels like you are inside. Breakfast very average and allow smoking, restaurant tucked in back corner. No balconies or chairs to sit on near rooms. Bit of traffic noise. Staff friendly and helpful. Me and my daughter moved after two days, it did not suit us. Would not return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy K
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Firstly we had booked this hotel with a good time frame and explained well about the occasion that my wife and I were going there. They still put us in a room with two single beds. After the inconvenient, the girls at reception in the morning helped us and upgraded to a better room, but I had to pay. The room was good, spacious but just one problem it doesn't have a closet so you need to keep your clothes in the luggage. The bathroom small but enough, the staff were really kind and helpful. Location, literally IN THE MIDDLE OF KUTA, so if you really want to relax I dont think there is the best place. But if you don't care about noise, mess and people pulling you all the time, if you want shopping and that you will need to drive at least 20min to find a nice beach to stay, there is your place.

• Stayed May 2013
Dortmund
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed for six nights in this Hotel and it was very nice. It was very clean and the service was excellent. Breakfast was good and our room had a balcony to the pool on the 2nd floor. The location was very nice, altough it was in Kuta it was not loud. The Kuta beach is in 5 min walk distance and shopping around the corner. Dont hesitate to book this Hotel if you are looking for a good accommodation for a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here also using a voucher from Scoopon. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The security guard even stopped traffic for us to cross the street. Breakfast was varied and delicious and with our scoopon deal free. Airport transfers were also free with our scoopon deal , although we had a driver and chose not to use them.The rooms clean and the bed was huge and very comfortable. We found it easy to get around Kuta and Legion walking from Rivavi , even walking from the beach. Luxe hairdressers is really just around the corner, a short walking distance. Rochelle an ex pat aussie was wonderful and I highly recommend her. Handy to restaurants and markets right across the street. It was a bit noisy having a room close to reception and the bar when trying to sleep at night so if you have a family it would pay to be away from that area , it seemed impossible to have a shower (over bath) without putting water all over the floor and the pool was not well located. None of this would put us off staying there..The standard of service was excellent and it was definetely great value for money. We would definitely recommend and stay at Rivavi again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Loft Legian Hotel
Grandmas Plus Hotel Legian
Legian Village Hotel
Legian Village Hotel
#59 of 84 in Legian

Been to Rivavi Fashion Hotel? Share your experiences!