“Not getting better”

Rivavi Fashion Hotel
Ranked #74 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It was my 4th visit to this hotel since 2012 and this hotel is not getting better. It is so obvious they dont have customer records or files and they can not recognize me everytime I revisited to this hotel, so I dont get any privilages as returned guest.

On my last visit for 2 nights, I asked for standart room with double (queen size) bed. Guess what, they merged 2 single bed into 1 double bed. You can imagine what was happening when I was sleeping in the middle of bed. Yes, like sleeping on stone!

The hotel is not as clean as my first visit on 2012, looks like they dont do well maintain. But the staffs still friendly and helpfull.

I always visit bali at least 2 times on every year for holiday and always stay on Rivavi. But it seems like I have to say good bye to Rivavi for better hotel. So sad.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilman F

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We booked this hotel through a scoopon deal for 5 nights even though we were staying for 6 nights. On arrival we were pressured to pay the 6th night while checking in. The pool is the middle of the hotel and surrounded byt eh rooms. It is open from 9am - 9pm, not that the young asian holiday makers took any notice of. They were swimming, yelling and screaming late at night and early int he morning. Complaints were made to reception staff who found it difficult to control them. Smoking was allowed in reception areas on all floors and in the dining room. Cogarette smoke filled rooms next to these areas, so badly that we had to keep a towel next to the door to try and stop the smoke and noise. Street noise was also bad if your room was on that side of the building. We asked for a refund for the last night whichwas approved but when we went ot so it, they changed there minds. We had breakfast across the road at Coffe Corner as no refills of tea and coffee and food was cold in the bay maries. One redeemiong feature was the fresh poached eggs. the rooms were serviced everyday, however had to ask for refill of toilet paper and water bottles and they seemed to be continually missed. The made the bed well !!!
All in all a noisy, smelly hotel albeit in a great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank tiffany k
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I highly recommend staying at the Rivavi Fashion Hotel. The color pictures do not do hotel justice not as bright as displayed soft and suttle...looks like you need sunglasses on not at all. Upon my arrival at the airport I was transferred promptly to the Hotel. The staff were friendly attentive and if I asked for any service it was attended to immediately. Surya Nadhi director of sales and marketing greeted me hoping I would enjoy my stay at the Hotel that I had purchased with Scoopon Travel.
I asked and received a free upgrade to a larger room with a very comfortable bed spacious sitting room bedroom and a large ensuite. I had read previous reviews asked for a room with a large window as advised. I was advised if I wanted a room with larger window the upgraded room did not have one. With the size of the room no complaints spacious never missed the window. Plenty of lighting rooms cleaned promptly each morning.
It was a delight to have breakfast available till 11am. There is western as well as Asian food available if you needed eggs bacon etc all you had to ask one of the ladies in the breakfast room and it was promptly brought to you coffee was great with a little hot water added due to strength.There were different selections each day at breakfast
There is a lift to the 2nd and 3rd floors water pressure good. I had a massage in my room twice, hot rocks fantastic...well priced. Meals in the restaurant where great. Only suggestion I made that happy hour at the bar start from 5 to 7pm as I felt 9pm start was too late when you would prefer to retire to your room. 5-7pm would be a better time slot if you wanted to go out later and enjoy the night life... Overall a great stay on the edge of Kuta Legian short 10 min stroll to the end of the street to Kuta Beach plenty of great shops and restaurants in the main street outside of hotel Commonwealth bank on the corner to hotel easy access to ATM.

Room Tip: I asked for a room to the back of hotel incase of noise stayed 2nd floor no complaints.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Found common opinions within previous reviewers. Great location and very friendly staff. Indeed no storage in any rooms - but no big deal with Bali attire (shorts and T-shirts). Food pretty average as was "restaurant" - catered for large touring groups (predominantly Asian) so Bain Marie's often cold and had to ask for basics - coffee/milk to be replenished. Tried only one morning out of 7 days. Rooms perfect - clean and cool a/c. Biggest issue is hotel design - rectangle shaped with pool in middle and noise travels up from pool. Operating hours stated (9-9) but not complied with by guests. Woken most days with noise from pool around 6am. Call to reception ensured action but like most of Asia - rules not enforced. Smoking commonplace, throughout hotel particularly lift area. Friends asked to be moved due to noise and smoke entering room. Overall an ok hotel and reasonable value - would not re-book. Would rather spend more and have a hotel with better layout.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from lift area and backside ( melasti street side) from pool. Coffee house across...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I'll start with "' A VERY GOOD CHOICE CONSIDERING"'.........location in the middle of Legian, 5min walk to the beach front, markets everywhere. Ground zero/kuta central15 min walk. Bars and clubs all very accessable if wanting(stumbling distance).
On Melasti street which is very busy but as is the whole area. Close to cafe's and restaurants also quality money changer, seven11 and chemist within a stones throw.

Check in was fairly quick.....
Room was basic but adequate (can't remember what rooms we had, they would've been the standard/cheaper) was just big enough for 2people, luckly we choose not to holiday in our rooms. WIFI unreliable in some rooms. Very dimly lite and without a view or outside ventalation, some rooms have a small balcony overlooking the pool. Aircon worked a treat. King size bed.....comfortably firm. Ensuite served its purpose, hotwater good, shower pressure 6/10, room serviced daily, Tv basic cable channels, also an in room safe box, which is great for leaving valuables behind (there are alot of pick pockets in bali, watch out for the quick hands of the harmless homeless kids). Comfortable enough for our budget and preferances.

The staff are fantastic, very accomodating, always went out of there way to make our stay enjoyable. Nice to feel valued when you're on holiday. They organised motorbikes to rent, changed my room without fuss. Transfers to/from airport. The head chef even bought and cooked me some fresh fish from the market on the house. As I said the staff here are fantastic, and thats what I like the most about Bali, is the people.

The breakfast is not that great by western standards, asian style noodles/rices, chicken, veges, basic pastries, toast and juices. Bacon eggs avaliable on order, tea n coffee. All the above of a low quality. and quite often cold. Alright for a snack before you go out and buy something else that is really cheap.
Other than the fish meal that was cooked especially for me by the head chef I didn't try the restaurant for evening meals so cannot pass comment
There is a bar that will play your music and does have daily afternoon happy hour.
This place is definately worth the value if bought off Agoda.com, wouldn't pay full price considering whats avaliable in the area. We look to pay around $30p/n aud.

We have been here twice and will definately be returning.

It does have its quirky points ie. Indoor pool in the middle so everyone can watch u, and Im sure there's plenty others too if ya look deep enough, but the reality is this is a GREAT VALUE HOTEL for the traveller on a budget.

But don't take my word for it, experience it for yourself and post a review.Who knows ya might get ya monies worth.

Room Tip: Lift is small & slow, you might enjoy the ground floor more, I did. But no biggie I'm sure.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Staff very friendly and helpfull ....it can get loud ...the pool had no steps so for the older generation it's hard to get in and out ... our driver maddi was wonderful he was helpful and very polite !!!! thank you Rivavi for your wonderful service from miss Lisa

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Positives
Location Excellent,
General staff and reception very friendly and helpful.
Accomodative to all reasonable requests

Room amenities good. Biggest Pain : The lack of storage space in the rooms.
Heaps and heaps of cockraches everywhere, we killed atleast 2 every night

Negatives
Breakfast quality pretty average most days even really bad on some. Rate of refils very poor around the 8 to 9 am time frame. Earlier in the morning it was good but pretty soon we had to repeatedly ask for refills to the buffet. Sandwiches which was a popular item not repeated even once in the 9 day stay

Choice and menu items in general

Good value for momney if you don't mind the ocassional cockroaches, and decent and accommodating people.

Room Tip: Good value if bought via Scoopon, Rip off at full price. Get a Deluxe room if you can ask for an...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family