“Excellent yet very Good”
Review of Bliss Surfer Hotel

Bliss Surfer Hotel
Ranked #17 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 14 January 2013

This hotel is amazing. It's new and relatively well maintained.
It is very thematic with the surfing theme everywhere. So colorful and tropical. Inside the hotel itself has a feeling of being on the beach.

The room was amazing. With some high end amenities, good view and very comfortable.

Almost everything was brand new, hopefully they can maintain this condition. So perfect.
The lighting was adequate, which is good since some hotels doesn't pay attention to the lighting, interior and exterior.

They provided a wide range of breakfast in a very nice restaurant next to the swimming pool.
And it tasted excellent to for the hotel of its class. The choices of color for everything was match to the beach life. So alive!

They had comfy and fluffy coaches in the lobby for the guests waiting for somebody to pick up them. Also a free internet service (wifi) and internet corner in the lobby.

But yet, I couldn't give an excellent mark, since the location was quite far and tiring for walking to the center of shopping and eating. We spent quite an exhausting energy to go there.

And alas, the service of the staff that I met in the Front Office was not quite friendly as I expected in the colorful hotel like this. He was quite robotic without expression and impression.
It was flat.

Still it was a considerable place to stay especially if you travel by car or taxi to somewhere else.

Thank you Bliss Wayan. What a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Harry2030101
Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I satyed at Bliss in early December and was really impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. It was very modern but not overdone. Rooms are spacious and so clean. Reasonable sized balcony with a small daybed...nice touch. Staff are very friendly and accomodating. It was a pleasure to be greeted in the morning by such lovely staff. Breakfast was great and there was a mix of foods. They are more than happy to make you a side order of bacon or anything else you would like if you just felt like bacon and eggs. Restaurant prices are reasonable and would suggest you dine at Bliss if you just wanted a nice quiet meal. Staff are very attentive.

The main part of Legian and Kuta are within walking distance (turn right out of hotel then turn left at intersection) and the small walk home is nice after a meal in town.

They have computers in the lobby which are very fast and free wi-fi everywhere. I will most definately be back to Bliss. Pool was a good size and although there is no swim up bar the bar is very close to pool and staff are more than happy to bring drinks and meals to you at the poolside. The price we paid for the 5 nights we were there was really good value compared to some other places we stayed at.

Thankyou to all the wonderful staff and good luck in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NewZealandShells
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Beautiful well kept rooms
Very clean
Staff were amazing and kind and friendly
Perfect location- quick walk to kuta
Travelled dec12 and jan13
Nice pool
Great breakfast
Very helpful staff
Overall we had a very nice stay here. The staff were keys willing to help and make bookings for us and there is 24 hour security out the front so it's always safe. To everyone who said its far away from kuta that's nuts cause its a quick 5 minute walk- quicker than taxis.

Room Tip: All or most rooms have balconies- great rooms all round
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Had a wonderful stay with Bliss Wayan for 3 days. We were upgraded to a junior suite with nice poor view.

Location is far away from the main tourism area. Long, hot and tiring walk during in the day. There's one way free transport but we do not have no chance to utilize. Either we are out for our day tour or hotel transport is not available for the day.

Overall, it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Being such a new hotel, the rooms were really beautiful and well decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the air con worked well. Wifi was excellent. Had lots of tv channels in the room, including two sports channels which showed English football matches. No problems with noise in the mornings from the pool area, well sound-proofed, but we were on the top floor.

The spa facilities were excellent. I had a 90 min massage, facial and scrub, spending nearly three hours in the spa and when I went to pay I was given a 30% discount. Only cost $40 for all these treatments.

Reception staff were very helpful and pleasant. Assisted us with booking tours.

It would have been nice to have had breakfast in an indoor, air-conditioned area as flies really were an issue in this outdoor breakfast area. Some ham and cheese would be welcome additions to the menu. Breakfast was supposed to be served until 11am but the staff clear everything away at 10.30. The hot food was a little on the cold side.

I became unwell halfway through our 7 day stay, one evening, having only eaten in the hotel that morning and had two cocktails in the hotel in the evening. Having spoken to others who have visited Bali in the past, I can only conclude that the ice in the cocktails was made from unclean water and that was what caused my illness. Avoid having ice in your drinks in Bali!

We ate food in the hotel once and it was quite nice, although the portions were pretty small. It would have been nice to have a room service menu in the rooms or even if there were menus displayed around the restaurant area. It was as if they didn't want people eating there. When we asked for a menu it literally took 10 mins for the waiter to come back to us with one.

Not much atmosphere around the bar/restaurant area, nobody around.

On arrival, it was clear that the bathroom hadn't been well cleaned after the previous guests...hair in the shower drain was immediately obvious.

The location was a bit out of the way. Taxis were cheap but the traffic heading towards Kuta was really bad, took us up to 40 mins to travel 2km by taxi at the times when we didn't walk in. Maybe the traffic was just an issue over the Christmas period.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We arrived in Bali on New Years Eve. We were late because Jetstar said the plane had toilet and water issues. The unfortunate thing about this was that the cab off loaded us about 2.5 kms from our destination as the roads were blocked due to fireworks. We had to laugh as my brother and his two children and myself dragged suitcases up very bad roads and footpaths and were misdirected several times. We enjoyed the fireworks while standing in the street, not from our balconies as we thought! We were disappointed to find that our rooms were two floors apart. The hotel has a quirky surf theme. The rooms are the same. Lovely bathrooms. Clean and accessorised. The television has cable TV and a good variety of channels for early morning or late night viewing. The beds were comfortable and pillows and linen excellent The breakfast was pretty good and the poolside restaurant had a lovely atmosphere. The teenager enjoyed the music and I hated the smoking! The pool is smallish but okay. Overall well maintained. Restaurant staff were excellent. We dined there one night and we thought the food was 2 out of 5. The restaurant lacked patronage so that might have been the reason. The wifi was good. A word of warning re a money changer in Legian at the back of the Traditional Balinese white lace shop. I gave the man $150 AUD, he calculated the amount he was to give me. He counted the money onto the desk in front of me. He then told me I owed him some money as he had no change. While I was looking in my wallet he must have whisked away 2 bundles of notes. I found this out when I went directly to a shop across the road and spent equivalent $110 and did not have enough to pay. My niece was tired so I walked her back to the hotel and then I proceeded back to the shop. When I went in, a man seemed to recognise me and said he would go and get the money changer. A different man appeared and he said he would give me two thirds of what I was owed. I accepted the money as it seemed that was all I would get. I was disappointed by the experience but determined that I would not change my opinion re the general loveliness of the Balinese people and especially their delightful children. We spent just two days at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Have just stayed here for 10 nights over the christmas and new year period. It is very new and clean, although there are cracks appearing in the cement work ( not unusual for a Balinese construction). The staff keep the room and surrounds very clean. The air conditioning works well. They provide all toiletries in the bathroom, which was handy as my luggage arrived about 30 hours after I did.

The staff are friendly and efficient.

It is a little out of the way for my liking. As a female traveling alone, I was not keen on the walk to the hotel at night, so usually ate early and went back to the Hotel. Breakfast included is the typical Balinese Hotel breakfast. A few more tables in the restaurant would be helpful when the Hotel is full, as some mornings I had my table 'stolen' when I got up to get more juice, food etc.

WiFi in the rooms was a real treat. The rooms are noisy, you can hear everything from next door and the corridors, however having the sound of waves piped through the Hotel is a winner. Some mornings I woke up thinking I was near a beach. The kids in the pool at 7.30 each morning does not allow a sleep in.

Had room service on 4 or 5 nights, which was good value for money, although twice after ordering they rang back to say they didn't have what I had ordered.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay. Would I stay again? Not sure, maybe if I was traveling with someone else I would consider it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo