“Good location and excellent service!”
Review of Legian Beach Hotel

Legian Beach Hotel
Ranked #12 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is my first trip to Bali with my wife and two kids. Legian Beach Hotel was just situated at the corner of a busy road with security at the front gate checking all cars entering the hotel. It was also not far away from the popular shopping mall (approx. 20mins leisure walk to BeachWalk). My first impression of the hotel staffs including the security are their big smile which makes us feel very welcome. I stayed 4 nights at the Deluxe Garden Bungalow. The first night was a nightmare at Bungalow 1C which was located at the farthest corner of the hotel with lots of mosquitoes and far from pool and breakfast location. Therefore I make a request to change room the next morning and the very friendly and helpful receptionist managed to change us to another Deluxe Garden Bungalow 21A and it was PERFECT for us! Basically it has fewer mosquitos and close to pool, breakfast location and lobby. We can also see squirrels just outside our bungalow and my kids love to feed them. The breakfast is great with numerous assortment of Western and Asian food. Their pancakes and waffles are definitely a must to try. You can also choose to sit close to the beach (still within the hotel compound) or roof terrace or main areas which are all very spacious. I would strongly recommend Teppanyaki (one of the hotel restaurants) because their service was superb and the food taste really good. The concierge staffs were very helpful and attentive to our needs during the checkout process. Two thumbs up to the management and all the staffs at Legian Beach Hotel. You have set a excellent service standard which makes me want to revisit you again. Keep it up!

Room Tip: Deluxe Garden Bungalows 21A is near to lobby, pool, breakfast location. DO NOT choose Deluxe Garden...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed 7 nights at Legian Beach Hotel early October 2013. Not only was the weather perfect but the hotel was too. Our room was a superior front facing on the 4th floor. Fabulous views of the gardens and squirrels from our balcony and a peek of the ocean between the palms. Good size room, could of accommodated a third person easily.

The gardens are lush and green and perfectly maintained. So many points of interest from fish ponds to wildlife and candlelit pathways in the evenings. Maintenance staff are busy but never too busy for a good morning/good night and a friendly smile. Frangipani trees feature everywhere including the pool areas.

The hotel is smack on the beach with only a walkway separating the two. The white sandy beaches have flags for swimmers separating them from the surfers. The evening sunsets at Kuta/Legian beaches are magnificent. Not too many sellers on these beaches, it seems to be under control. Relax in a lounge by the pathway of an evening and just watch with interest the people and unusual pets like lizards and snakes all available to you for a photo opportunity.

The buffet breakfast is amazing with a pancake/waffle option upstairs in the Teriyaki restaurant offering morning sea views. The two beachfront restaurants both offer a different cuisine for lunch and dinner i.e international for lunch and seafood for dinner, while the neighboring restaurant would offer Italian for lunch and Balinese for dinner. Then there is the Teriyaki restaurant upstairs with breezy sea views. This is a highlight, do yourself a favor. The food is very tasty and the entertainment is a lot of laughs.

Two pools, one salt water pool with swim up bar and handicap access and another larger deeper chlorine pool with spa and fitness room offering weights and treadmills. This pool is 2.3 meters deep, deep enough for diving, no restrictions. The pool service is efficient and the food yum. Never had a problem finding available pool lounges, plenty for everyone.

The hotel also provides a table tennis table, tennis court, daily activities should you wish to participate and a tour desk. We did the water water rafting at Telaga Waja River and would highly recommend this.

All staff where friendly and up for a chat, smiles all round. I don't know why you would stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Our front facing superior room with balcony was perfect. We might try the garden bungalow next time...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Loved the location and friendly staff. Included breakfast was good too. We had a large group on holiday together staying in different levels of accommodation and all were happy. I would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Legian Beach for the last 2 nights of our trip to Bali and it was the worst!!
The first room we noticed that night had some sort of insect eggs behind the material head board and there were squashed mosquitoes all over this and the mosquito net.
The next morning i requested this be cleaned, no apology was received and this was not done! In the afternoon I requested to change room, this was arranged.

The second room seemed ok although it did also have squashed mosquito everywhere. But the next morning woke with bed bug bites all over me!

I have stayed at many places in bali a lot cheaper than legian beach and had no problems at all!

The restaurant food is also average and buffet nothing exciting! I am glad we only booked 2 nights!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alice K
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed in the cottages and are going back again this December we have been going every year staying at different hotels and we find this one to be the best we have stayed very peaceful on the beach and not far from kuta

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have stayed here about 3 times, every time is as good as the last.
The bungalow's are obviously much nicer than the rooms in the main building, but the main building rooms were very spacious.
The staff are always friendly, breakfast was amazing every day and the juices/drinks at the bar are brilliant. I love that there are 2 pool areas, always space to relax - plus you are literally a footpath away from the beach...maybe walk 10 seconds out of the pool area and you are on the beach.
The WiFi (as everywhere in Bali) isn't 100% reliable all the time but when it works its quick enough to face-time friends back home.

The high standard of this hotel and the amazing location make it a worthwhile choice - close to everything under the sun but just hidden away enough to avoid noise and crowds. It would of got 5 stars from me if I didn't occasionally get frustrated with the WiFi.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I booked a Deluxe Room for 6 nights, during early November. Upon arrival I was advised that the hotel had been overbooked, and I had been upgraded to a Bungalow room. I had mixed feelings about this given I was looking forward to having a balcony and the Deluxe rooms are slightly bigger than the Bungalows. The Bungalows, as previously mentioned, are in groups of three. I was in B room meaning I was in-between A and C. Luckily for me, the occupants of both fore-mentioned rooms were quiet and not late night party goers! The bungalow itself is no bigger than a standard room, but on a positive note they do have space on the front terrace for two chairs and a deckchair which were great to lie on in the afternoon. The doors in the room are quite clunky and screeched a lot when opened. The bed itself was very firm. We did have some issues with the shower not being hot (lukewarm at best) however on the second last day it appeared they had fixed the problem.

The hotel is in a very good location, only a 10 minute walk to Kuta Beachwalk and there are an array of shops, bars and restaurants outside the hotel. Using a taxi to get to the hotel from the airport was 70000 Rupiah (fixed price) and using a blue bird taxi for the return trip cost approximately 45000 Rupiah. The staff will try and get you to use a hotel taxi but beware you will pay a premium!

There are a variety of restaurants and bars in the hotel. I particularly liked Ginos for lunch and Siku bar for happy hour! This is not a resort which I would recommended the families with children, as I don't believe there is a kids club and the hotel is primarily aimed at adults. During happy hour in the pool, you will find many Aussie's drinking heavily and smoking like there's no tomorrow. Staff were polite but did not go above and beyond.

Overall a good hotel, in a great location. Also the squirrels are adorable!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilfrodo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Beach
Padma Resort Legian
Padma Resort Legian
#2 of 87 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Legian Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!