“Great Resort”
Review of Legian Beach Hotel

Legian Beach Hotel
Ranked #12 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Really enjoyed our time at the resort. Stayed in a Deluxe Garden Bungalow - Which I would recommend as it is more spacious. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Everything that you need is within walking distance. Highly recommend

Room Tip: If you want a little extra room the Bungalows are worth the extra
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bree L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Returned recently from a nine day stay at this Hotel in a Deluxe Garden Bungalow. The location is great, right on the beach and close enough to walk the short distance into Kuta.
The rooms are clean and the garden setting is really beautiful, my only complaint is the mosquitoes, I think they may need to spray more often. I got eaten alive and asked reception to spray my room , which they did. We mostly ate out as there is lots of really nice restaurants in the nearby streets of Jl Legian, Jl Padma and Garlic Lane. We did eat at the Indonesian restaurant at the hotel one night, it was ok, but not worth the extra money it cost.
MY TIPS:
If you like seafood do try the restaurant called OURS in Garlic Lane,tasty Seafood Curry and great Salt & Pepper Squid.
For Massages and Manicures/Pedicures do try PIPS in Jl Legian (just up the road from hotel entrance) very clean and well trained staff.
For shopping go see a lady named Ketut in Garlic Lane (approx 40metres up the lane from Jl Legian down a little alley) And also keep going further down the alley to Miss Debbie's, both have very reasonable fixed price items, saves the hassle of bartering.
Tours/Transport, there is a small booth in Garlic Lane where the alley way starts, ask for Mango or Funday, we have used their services two trips now and find them to be very helpful and honest.

4  Thank Luv2TravelOS
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I really liked this hotel. I had a villa, and had a really lovely room, peaceful, and clean. I could hear the surf from my little veranda. The room was clean and well designed. My friend stayed in a single room further back wasn't as nice.

Breakfast was served in a light and airy room, but there weren't many tables with a sea view, which i would have liked, but the quantity and quality of the food made up for this. This was a very good start to my holiday.

There are two good sized pools but the bigger one was a bit too shady for me in the day. However it certainly was peaceful and clean.

The price was good for what we got, and we got a lot. Good attention to detail.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa - you'll get more space, privacy and the sound of the surf.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2014

So our hotel stay was meant to be for 1 week for friends of ours who were getting married on the Thursday. On the Friday night I decided to try & be romantic & take my wife on a catamaran for a romantic dinner. The dinner started at 6PM & by 10PM when we were back in our hotel room my wife started to feel sick. I woke up in the early hours of the morning by seeing her spewing up her own blood & she continued throwing up until till 11AM the next day (she also had really bad diahorrea).

When I rang the room to tell them about the situation not only did they send a nurse promptly but also (as we were meant to check out that day at 12PM) extended our check out time free of charge till 6PM so we could see whether or not my wife would be fit to fly. Because she couldn't provide a stool sample (as asked for by the nurse) we had to extend our stay at the hotel. I had one of the ladies at reception not only dedicated to helping me through the tough ordeal of rescheduling everything which she was great with, but she also saved us money by booking the additional nights through my phone on the expedia website.

Then the hotel had a doctor sent to our room not once, not twice but three times to check up on my wifes medical condition! On the Monday once my wife had some energy back & could leave the hotel room the staff were all very happy to see her on my arm walking around simply by asking if she was feeling any better. Based on the circumstances of being abroad with so much on the line they were really helpful :)

As for the hotel the swim up pool & bigger pool were both great as were the restaurants we ate at (highly recommend the Teppanyaki restaurant upstairs), our room was very clean with limited mosquitos & the occasional ghecko, the 4 post bed we slept in couldn't have been comfier, the buffet breakfast (they have pancakes upstairs also ;)) was of a good variety, the cleaner was prompt in changing sheets, towels, etc & overall being next to the beach it was cool to only need to walk for 30 seconds outside the hotel before we hit the beach sand.

As for constructive critism I would say the hotel need to work on 2 things, the first getting people the hotel rooms they paid for (I heard a fair bit of critcism in this department although we didn't have any issues) & secondly, by having the happy hour 5 - 6PM at the whole hotel (or where drinks are offered) & not just the swim up bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ry J
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Legian Beach Hotel has been at the top of my list of hotels to stay at in Bali for a while, so I was really looking forward to our stay, unfortunately it was not what I was hoping for. As soon as we arrived we were told our booking was being changed and instead of the Garden View Cottages we had already paid for we were getting superior rooms and being "upgraded to Garden View" in two days as a thank you from the hotel for the inconvenience of being moved two nights into our stay. We explained that we have paid for the cottages and after some discussion we finally got the rooms we paid for and given a late check out, but on the day before check out we had to again argue to get what they had promised. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. The breakfast was great plenty of choice and lovely smiling staff. The cleaners amazing and very friendly. The lobby staff were very polite and I believe did try to help when we had issues but we found we had to keep reminding them if we wanted something done. Our experience at the hotels signature Tepanyaki restaurant was second rate, our meal was rushed to the point where I couldn't finish each serving before they were taking it away and we were told we had to move before our final dish as another party needed our table, they didn't even bother to cook our desert which was horrible and left uneaten it was like we were an inconvenience even though all patrons pay the same money for the service. I found the hotel too big, very busy and if you are not a VIP guess you are not that important, too become a VIP you need to stay every year for 4 years after my experience that won't be happening as there are much nicer hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage away from Melasti st, check and double check with the hotel before you arrive to m...
4  Thank Danae D
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were so very lucky to have a bungalow very close to the bars and pools and it was HUGE!! The amenities are fantastic with a wide variety of restaurants and bars to choose from. We were very priviledged to be invited to a VIP evening as our friends are regular return stayers and as a result we were thrilled to be welcomed into "the fold" of staff and management at the Hotel. We didn't have one negative comment to make about our entire stay and will definitely be calling this Hotel "home" when we return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow closer to the pool/restaurant area as the grounds of this hotel are extensive and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel rooms are getting tired but they are very clean & serviced very promptly everyday with fresh linen. The location is awesome .. Right on Legian Beach. They have added two new bars by each pool which are really lovely to have a drink at.
The bungalows are so quiet with your own private little balcony/garden area to get away from the hustle & bustle for a while.
Brekky is good ... Wouldn't say fabulous but it is plentiful.
We will be back again as it's amazing value for money right on the beach and staff are fantastic.

Room Tip: Deluxe Bungalows are the best option for this hotel ... Very quiet & spacious
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
Padma Resort Legian
#2 of 88 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
Pullman Bali Legian Beach
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Legian Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!