“Love this place!”

Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Perth, Australia
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights for a work conference. I got upgraded to a garden bungalow which was fantastic. The only minor complaint I had was the water in the shower was just luck warm. Breakfast was great as usual and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel has a great location, however on comparison with other hotels I have stayed at in the same price tag I would not return. The positives are the location, and also one of the better bathrooms with a separate shower which is something rare to have. Also like the 2 pool areas and was fantastic to see a hotel with so much wheel chair access - even into one of the pools. The negatives for us was the room (apart from bathroom). We had a family room near the entrance to the hotel on the ground floor and it was very very dark and 'musty' smelling and the water in the bathroom basin had a very unpleasant smell.
We found the majority of staff 'disinterested' and not as friendly as other places we have stayed at.
Also, we ordered a bucket of ice one evening for our drinks - we received a bucket which would have been about the 250ml size with about a dozen pieces of ice that were already melting and we were charged 2000rup for this! At least when we have been charged for ice at other hotels we have received a larger ice bucket with ice intact.
The breakfast buffet we also found very average - bacon sitting in large amounts of fat - and on the whole unappetizing.
As I said, the hotel was certainly not 'bad' however, we have had far better food and service at other hotels and would not return to Legian Beach based on this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Meryl A
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from the 30th of May till the 7th of June and had a great time. On arrival we had a fast check in and was also up graded from a standard front view room to a garden bungalow. The room is very spacious had a few mozzies but thats nothing to worry about! Breakfast was amazing expecially the pancakes and waffle bar up stairs! Great gardens all keep really clean as well as the 2 pools. All in all id recommended this hotel to anyone. Its in the best location, close to everything. Thanks for the best holiday legian beach hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Racho33
Australia, Gold Coast
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Really enjoyed our time at the resort. Stayed in a Deluxe Garden Bungalow - Which I would recommend as it is more spacious. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Everything that you need is within walking distance. Highly recommend

Room Tip: If you want a little extra room the Bungalows are worth the extra
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bree L
Perth WA
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Returned recently from a nine day stay at this Hotel in a Deluxe Garden Bungalow. The location is great, right on the beach and close enough to walk the short distance into Kuta.
The rooms are clean and the garden setting is really beautiful, my only complaint is the mosquitoes, I think they may need to spray more often. I got eaten alive and asked reception to spray my room , which they did. We mostly ate out as there is lots of really nice restaurants in the nearby streets of Jl Legian, Jl Padma and Garlic Lane. We did eat at the Indonesian restaurant at the hotel one night, it was ok, but not worth the extra money it cost.
MY TIPS:
If you like seafood do try the restaurant called OURS in Garlic Lane,tasty Seafood Curry and great Salt & Pepper Squid.
For Massages and Manicures/Pedicures do try PIPS in Jl Legian (just up the road from hotel entrance) very clean and well trained staff.
For shopping go see a lady named Ketut in Garlic Lane (approx 40metres up the lane from Jl Legian down a little alley) And also keep going further down the alley to Miss Debbie's, both have very reasonable fixed price items, saves the hassle of bartering.
Tours/Transport, there is a small booth in Garlic Lane where the alley way starts, ask for Mango or Funday, we have used their services two trips now and find them to be very helpful and honest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Luv2TravelOS
London
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I really liked this hotel. I had a villa, and had a really lovely room, peaceful, and clean. I could hear the surf from my little veranda. The room was clean and well designed. My friend stayed in a single room further back wasn't as nice.

Breakfast was served in a light and airy room, but there weren't many tables with a sea view, which i would have liked, but the quantity and quality of the food made up for this. This was a very good start to my holiday.

There are two good sized pools but the bigger one was a bit too shady for me in the day. However it certainly was peaceful and clean.

The price was good for what we got, and we got a lot. Good attention to detail.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa - you'll get more space, privacy and the sound of the surf.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

So our hotel stay was meant to be for 1 week for friends of ours who were getting married on the Thursday. On the Friday night I decided to try & be romantic & take my wife on a catamaran for a romantic dinner. The dinner started at 6PM & by 10PM when we were back in our hotel room my wife started to feel sick. I woke up in the early hours of the morning by seeing her spewing up her own blood & she continued throwing up until till 11AM the next day (she also had really bad diahorrea).

When I rang the room to tell them about the situation not only did they send a nurse promptly but also (as we were meant to check out that day at 12PM) extended our check out time free of charge till 6PM so we could see whether or not my wife would be fit to fly. Because she couldn't provide a stool sample (as asked for by the nurse) we had to extend our stay at the hotel. I had one of the ladies at reception not only dedicated to helping me through the tough ordeal of rescheduling everything which she was great with, but she also saved us money by booking the additional nights through my phone on the expedia website.

Then the hotel had a doctor sent to our room not once, not twice but three times to check up on my wifes medical condition! On the Monday once my wife had some energy back & could leave the hotel room the staff were all very happy to see her on my arm walking around simply by asking if she was feeling any better. Based on the circumstances of being abroad with so much on the line they were really helpful :)

As for the hotel the swim up pool & bigger pool were both great as were the restaurants we ate at (highly recommend the Teppanyaki restaurant upstairs), our room was very clean with limited mosquitos & the occasional ghecko, the 4 post bed we slept in couldn't have been comfier, the buffet breakfast (they have pancakes upstairs also ;)) was of a good variety, the cleaner was prompt in changing sheets, towels, etc & overall being next to the beach it was cool to only need to walk for 30 seconds outside the hotel before we hit the beach sand.

As for constructive critism I would say the hotel need to work on 2 things, the first getting people the hotel rooms they paid for (I heard a fair bit of critcism in this department although we didn't have any issues) & secondly, by having the happy hour 5 - 6PM at the whole hotel (or where drinks are offered) & not just the swim up bar.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ry J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Legian Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!