“a beautiful resort with gorgeous pools”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The Padma has the most comfortable beds in Bali.
This resort is gorgeous with amazing pools, however its more a hotel for families with children or groups travelling together than for couples.
If you are a couple then you really need to pay a little bit extra to get the club benefits. That way you get a little timeout during the day from all the noise around the pool created by all the children. Not to mention the free flowing cocktails between 5-7pm. They even provided a good selection of both hot and cold food which changes everyday.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
The cost of things in the resort are expensive compared to places outside the hotel, but still very reasonable for Australian standards.
We had a wonderful stay.
Security is one of the best in Bali.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear Valued Traveler,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It’s nice to hear that the resort facilities, staff and security have made your stay enjoyable.

On behalf of all the staffs, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

T. Soerjanto

Write a ReviewReviews (6,015)

Reviewed 24 June 2011

From the moment we stepped into the beautiful foyer, we couldnt believe how nice this place was. The staff were all so friendly and cheerful, from the front desk to the gardeners and cleaners. The gardens are lovely, the pools are great. We stayed in a family suite (with a 9 and 5 year old), and we have never experienced any place this opulent. Our children loved the kids club, and couldnt wait to go back there each day! I cant even try to think of anything to complain about regarding the Padma Resort. Love love loved it!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AusJetSetter

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for staying with us and posting a positive review on TripAdvisor.

What a pleasing to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our resort.

All of us here are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I stayed in the Padma Resort in 2010 and loved it so much that I went straight back there when I had to do a follow up business trip in March this year. The place is breathtakingly beautiful. The gardens are something out of paradise. The rooms huge and very tastefully furnished. I would recommend spending the extra $ and upgrade to the deluxe bungalows, it was really worth it. I loved the stunning works of art throughout the garden, food for the soul. Legian is close enough to the action and far away enough to have some peace and quiet. The happy hour sundowners must be in the most amazing setting there. The hotel is within very easy walking distance of upmarket Seminyak shopping as well as Kuta. I walked and shopped all over. The roomservice menu was one of the few around that actually had nice food on it. The one thing I would not bother with again is the Spa. Its beautiful but VERY VERY expensive compared to great spas everywhere around the hotel and the treatments were nothing special. Breakfast is something to experience - lots and lots of amazing food catering for every possible taste from traditional English to Oriental. Best fresh juice around. I will most certainly be back next year at Padma.

Room Tip: Remember to make use of free airport shuttle
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JolizeSheri

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

I’m pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our resort and that everything we provided was to your satisfaction.

All of us here are looking forward to having you back next year.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Other reviews have covered this hotel very well. The service, staff, grounds, pools are wonderful. My 'but' was that our Lagoon View Room was not ready when we arrived at 4pm. Initially we were to wait to 6pm. This was revised to no Lagoon room at all within 5 minutes. We were offered an old Garden Chalet which we rejected after viewing. Five minutes later again (after voicing our diappointment) the Manager offered us a suite. This sounded reasonable however the Club privileges were not included. I would have thought that if the hotel can't keep their part of the contract, we should at least had a full upgrade. If we had not honoured our part of the contract, it would have cost us one night.
I had booked one weeks accommodation three months prior and confirmed the week prior to arrival. Due to the full booking level this must be commonplace as we could here other agrieved guests voicing their concerns at reception.
We would love to stay at the Padma again but are fearful our booking would not be honoured again.
My suggestion would be (as already noted by another reviewer) was to look at dropping their restaurant prices as they may increase their custom. Whenever I looked at the restaurants, they were virtually empty. Also, we were woke by drunk Australians around 2-3am each night. The hotel cannot teach people manners but more security in the early hours would be beneficial.
As stated initially, everything else was well above average.

Room Tip: Lagoon View or Lag Access if you have the money
3  Thank Porkel
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for posting a feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Padma.

I’ve shared your comments with the Department Heads concerned to be reviewed and find some ways to improve our services. As well as the issue regarding noise from the drunks at night, we’ll reinforce our quiet hour’s policy within the hotel for the comfort of our guests.

If you happen to reconsider staying with us again, please let us know so we can ensure a comfortable and relaxing holiday.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

This was our third trip to the Padma in as many years. Previously we have had the Garden Club Chalet and loved it but as we were travelling with friends who did not want the membership of the Garden Club, this time we just booked the Deluxe Chalet. The room was exactly the same as the Garden Club Chalet and exceptional as usual. Although the breakfast included was above and beyond I must say I missed the serenity and al a carte service of the Bella Rossa breakfast included with the club membership.
I must mention that I really noticed the number of small children staying at the resort. I dont know if it was the time of year or what but there was a HUGE amount of children aged between 6 months and about 7 years. In summary - I cannot fault this resort for its rooms, its food, its service or its staff. My ideal stay would be the Garden Club Chalet with the Bella Rossa breakfast only as I find that the nightly club benefits so filling (with drinks and snacks) that you dont get out and enjoy the restaurants of bali. I will be back to the Padma next year as there is no other place that even comes close.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for your good and loyal support. It’s our pleasure to have you stay with us again.

I’m glad to note that on your third visit to the Padma, you’re still enjoying our services and facilities.

We do hope the Padma Resort will always be your preferred accommodation whenever you’re in Bali.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Padma Hotel, the grounds are just beautiful and we stayed as well as having two large pools to choose from. We stayed in a chalet and this was lovely and spacious. My only complaint was the room we had the fridge would make a slight buzzing noise, which I could hear at night and the cooling in our room was on the colder side.
But apart from that the Padma is a beautiful hotel and the staff are so very friendly and so willing to help. We had slight issue on the last day and the hotel manager was so wonderful to help us rectify the issue, I am so grateful to him. Also my husband became very ill the night we were leaving and the hotel staff were so wonderful in giving me assistance, without their help, I would of been a complete mess, as we needed to cancel our flights and try to arrange another nights accommodation.
My Husband and I really love the Padma and when we come back to Bali, intend to stay at the Padma again.

Room Tip: Choose a Chalet room with a garden
2  Thank Fergus9

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor.

It’s good to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the moment spent in our resort and our staffs have served you well.

We hope to accommodate you again the next time around.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2011

We absolutely LOVED our stay at the Padma resort. Our family suite was beautiful, spacious and always cleaned to perfection. The staff were wonderful, friendly, happy and extremely helpful. Our kids had an awesome time and we would definitely recommend the resort to any families who want a great holiday in Bali :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

I’m glad to hear that you and your family had a wonderful holiday at our resort.

We hope to see you and your family back at the Padma Resort for your future trips to Bali.

Warm Regards,

T. Soerjanto

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#19 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!