“Great holiday”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I recently stayed at the Padma for a week in a lagoon access room. The room was comfortable and I loved being able to step off the patio and into the pool. The bed was comfortable and there was a pillow menu to choose from. The only negative was the weak water pressure in our shower....something which I probably should have asked them about.

We had club benefits and it was fantastic to be able to have a delicious breakfast at a separate restaurant to the main buffet. I don't think anyone could complain about the vast breakfast options. Everyday we also enjoyed the included drinks & canapés between 5pm & 7pm in the club lounge. If I ever come back to the Padma I would definitely want the club benefits.

Both pools were great. The lagoon pool was a bit cooler but in a refreshing way. No issue with getting lounge chairs. Drink & food service was very efficient. Prices reasonable for a resort. All the resort facilities are great including the gym.

The location is fantastic. Plenty of shops and quality restaurants just a stroll away (including Mozzarella by the Sea which is well worth booking). Very cheap taxi to Kuta or Seminyak or walk along the beach.

Overall a great resort.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CarlaSBris
There are newer reviews for Padma Resort Legian

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We loved The Padma Resort, great location with good shopping, food and fun beach breaks (surfing) right outside the hotel doorstep. It's great for the family (we have 2 and 4 year old children) and overall a really nice hotel.

1  Thank Bobby W
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Padma in August/September this year, and WOW what a resort this is.... The moment we drove up to reception I was blown away.
This was my 14th time to Bali and the first time I have stayed in Legian, I was always hesitant to stay there as I thought it was too far to walk into Kuta but this is not the case at all. We walked into Kuta most days or on the days when we couldnt be bothered we just shopped on Garlic lane which is a 1 minute walk from this hotel. Garlic lane also has a few bars that are not as crazy as the main clubbing strip in Kuta but just as good and fun.
The staff at the Padma were amazing and would do anything for you.
I was blown away by the pillow menu they had in the room, you could choose the right pillow for your needs, and boy did I have the best sleeps here.
The room was amazing, we had a lagoon view room. Always spotless and maintained daily.
So many fantastic yummy restaurants within walking distance ( Mozzarella's by the sea was a huge fav of ours).

The 2 huge pool areas were the best I have seen out of all my 14 trips to Bali. Way better than the Hard rock that's for sure. It is a hotel great for couples young and old and families.....pretty much caters to everyone's needs.

I also loved that this hotel has a departure lounge for when guests are leaving later in the day, It's somewhere to chill watch t.v and have a shower or freshen up. I will def be returning to The Padma as this is pure paradise and so relaxing. Cannot wait to return soon.

Thank you thank you to the staff you are fantastic and deserve all the recognition you get. 10 out of 10 for this hotel all the way. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Julie S
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for your glowing review. I’m pleased that the Padma has become your new favourite hotel in Bali.

All of us here are looking forward to having you back with us again, for another relaxing holiday experience.

Kindly Regards,

T. Soerjanto

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed for 4 nights with my wife and 10 month old son and met friends also with a young daughter.

Great hotel: spacious, well located, lots of guests, but not over crowded or too noisy. Rooms located well away from the roads so very peaceful with easy access to Legian Beach. This is the first hotel I've stayed in that's had a proper mattress for a baby cot which helped ensure everyone got a good night's sleep.

Free Wifi throughout the hotel and rooms was great.

Had dinner one evening in the Japanese restaurant - excellent food! The club rooms give access to the lounge where daily afternoon tea and cocktails are served. Worth paying a visit!

Room Tip: The Lagoon View room had easy access to one of the pools and located quite close to the reception an...
3  Thank Graham H
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We had a 9 night stay at the Padma earlier this year and we thought it was a lovely. In particular we found the staff to be polite and friendly and this made the stay very enjoyable.

There was, however, a real problem at check in. We had specifically booked 3 of the garden chalet's - with 2 of them to be interconnecting so that children could stay with their parents and grandparents and move between the rooms. When we arrived we were told that there were no interconnecting rooms available but we would be 'upgraded' to other rooms for no extra charge. It turns out that the 'upgrade' that they tried to foist on us was in the large hotel style building, and these rooms are significantly cheaper than the ones we booked. Luckily one of our party realised what was happening and said no but we had a 4 hour wait in the lobby with a 3 year old and a 6 year old whilst we waited for the Padma to sort it out.
We had the same problem with the Padma not giving us the interconnecting rooms that we requested 3 years previously so we were very, very specific when we booked with the Padma this time. I think it is very shoddy to accept a booking but apparently not have the rooms available and then to try and downgrade you to an inferior room whilst insisting that it is an upgrade. Very poor, and to my mind duplicitous.

On the plus side when we did get to our rooms they were spacious and well cared for whilst we were there. We found them a little tired in some respects e.g. the remote control for the TV was held together with duct tape and one of the drawers kept sticking and we could only close it intermittently, but overall they were very comfortable.

One other little niggle was the beach / pool towels that were provided. They were lovely and dry but I don't think they were actually washed - I never had one that smelled fresh, they all just stank of pool and old chlorine. I suspect that they're put through the drier but not actually washed.

Overall I would recommend this hotel, we enjoyed our stay once we managed to get to our rooms and we would come back here. However I think that the Padma needs to up its game in regards to its reservation system.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AlisonS917
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I really appreciate your feedback as it gives us valuable information to help us monitor the service we provide.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience you experienced of having to wait to get the interconnecting rooms as requested. In response to our guests’ feedback, we’ve improved our reservation system. We can now guarantee interconnecting rooms for family with children under 8 years old.

Once again thank you for your input. On behalf of all the staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

T. Soerjanto

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I was in Padma Bali Hotel in Bali in may, 2008...Stanning view, people, wonders, ospitality...
Great garden, great restaurants(japanesse , balinesse and italian), great wather in the ocean, but specially great people. I never seen such amability, respect and solicitude from local people, staff and hostess. And the trip to mountains was wonderfull, all green, still wathers in the lake, and a lot of beautifull budist temples. Visit this island , we'll never be sorry.

Room Tip: all are nice
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank marianabublea
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Just stayed in Padma for 8 nights with the family of 4 (2 kids aged 4 and 2). This was our 2nd trip here and we werent disappointed again. This time we stayed in the club family rooms which were great. Rooms for club are the same as non club but are slightly better located closer to amenities and you have access to club lounge. Club Lounge was great, very friendly, lots of food and drink and kid friendly. Pools are great and kids had a good time. Location is excellent, close to Kuta and Seminyak yet out of the hussle and bustle. All up it is an excellent resort...great stay.

Room Tip: rooms on north side are awat from street noise and closer to pools
1  Thank max006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#20 of 147 in Seminyak

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!