“Brilliant”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Our third stay here and padma just keeps getting better. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The staff are all so friendly and make you feel right at home. After a hard, hot day shopping and sight seeing or whatever there's nothing better than coming back here to relax. A real credit to everyone involved in making this place a real paradise! Well done! Highly recommend to anyone looking to come to Bali. Have recommended it to everyone we know to try next time they come to Bali. We will be back for sure

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Biggsy84
Write a ReviewReviews (6,099)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Excellent service, beautiful and immaculate tropical gardens and luxurious pool areas, delicious food (especially the nasi goreng and the buffet breakfast). Very friendly staff who quickly attended to our every need. Clean and well maintained. Close walking distance to market stalls. Would definitely stay there again - loved it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here for three nights in October. Overall this is a nice resort. Some rooms are better than others--the first room we stayed in had a moldy odor and had some mosquitos likely because the staff were leaving the door open too long. The staff at the resort at times were rather dense ... basic questions like, "what time is the happy hour at the bar?" were answered with "yes, there is a bar there". But it didn't seem to be an english issue per se as the worker seemed to speak decent english, just rather that the worker was slow.

The japanese steak house was very good but again the service was a little off. I was served a room temperature wagyu steak ... when I asked for them to replace it, they brought back the same steak but not any warmer. Weird, but on the third try they got it right and it was amazing. Hair salon couldn't color my wife's hair--"only blonde and brown maam". Again, weird.

Breakfast was good, room was clean, room service was terrible--avoid. Drinks were exorbitant also. All in all not a bad place, but nothing spectacular. Hotel was quite crowded with a lot of kids as well. We didn't really want to get into the pool with that many kids there. Hotel gift shop is very nice.

Tip: Don't use the transportation service at the front desk. There's a transportation company around the corner closer to the restaurant for half the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Let me start by saying that I worked several years in the hospitality industry arranging trips for other people. So when I travel, I like to enjoy my holidays, that being said, I spend a lot of time looking for a nice place to stay in Bali, originally wanted to stay in Nusa Dua, but we though it was too far and decided to find something close enough to everything, yet calm. Padma Resort was a great option, the gardens and landscapes were beautiful, the swimming pools were very nice and warm.
We stayed at. Chalet room and was very nice, first we got a ground floor room, but was not very comfortable as the rooms don't have curtains, so you don't really have privacy, we requested to change the room and they arrange it right away!
The breakfast was nice with traditional balinese musicians playing all the time.
I was celebrating my 30th birthday and i got a welcome cake in my room and the staff sang Happy Bday to me also on my actual BD day!
The only downside, would be that the hotel is right next to the beach but does not have a private area, the moment you step in the beach, you are out of the hotel.
I would definitely recommend it to friends and would highly consider to stay there again!

2  Thank Luis E
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Bali Island.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your holiday here and satisfied with the service we offered. At The Padma we always try to provide the very best for our guests, so they can have a memorable experience that they won’t forget.

We hope to see you all again the next time you’re in Bali!

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our third stay in as many years, this time for 10 days. Consistent high standard of service and value for money. For the first time we had to call on Padma staff to solve a problem with a group of neighbouring young adult guests who were noisy and disturbing our privacy at 2 in the morning. One also persistently knocked on our door at that time. The next day we were moved quickly to a much better room and granted a late check out for our future day of departure. This prompt resolution and gesture was much appreciated. Management need to be careful of accepting group bookings of young adults out for a wild time. The core body of loyal repeat guests are couples and families who will be discouraged from returning if that becomes common. Having said that my wife and I had a great time overall and we found the in-house food and beverage pricing to be very reasonable which encouraged us to stay in quite often. Staff are very courteous and helpful as always. We will return to what has become our second home.

Nigel & Colleen Linnell
Melbourne. Vic.

Room Tip: Garden Chalet 748 or close number to that. Always choose 1st floor for more privacy and better outlo...
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is my second stay at the Padma Resort. I was impressed two years ago and it is just as impressive now. Immaculately clean inside and out. The staff are lovely, friendly and happy. The Japanese restaurant is amazing. The barmen remembered how to make Love Boat cocktails which are no longer on the menu. Love having two pools, so there are no children running around. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This resort was amazing. The gardens and landscaping was beautiful. The ponds and fish in them were a highlight for my son (nearly 3years old).

We stayed in a deluxe chalet, and it was big enough for my husband, myself and our son. Love that it had a bath, and the outside area. The daybed was a bit high for him to sleep on, so I stayed on that while my husband shared with our son.

The pools were awesome!!!!! The bar staff were amazing!!!! My son asked for a banana most days from the bar, and the staff wouldn't charge us for it, which I thought was incredibly generous.

Our son had 3 days in the kids club, and usually at home for daycare he cries for a minute when I drop him, here he just waved me off with a smile. He made me a beautiful beaded necklace and a frangipani lai on another day. They fed the fish, and toured the grounds, he had a great time with them.

I have absolutely no complaints about this resort. Location was great, staff were friendly, mad the resort just beautiful.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Valued Reviewer

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for your review of our resort. I’m pleased to know that my team delivered the best level of service to you all and that we met your expectations.

I’ve shared your comments with the entire team here. I do hope that we’ll get the chance to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#19 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!