7,111 results
All reviews lagoon pool deluxe chalet skai bar garden chalet lagoon access room departure lounge highly recommend the padma kids club pillow menu sunset bar club benefits club lounge main pool buffet breakfast family room family holiday breakfast was amazing
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Excellent service, beautiful and immaculate tropical gardens and luxurious pool areas, delicious food (especially the nasi goreng and the buffet breakfast). Very friendly staff who quickly attended to our every need. Clean and well maintained. Close walking distance to market stalls. Would definitely stay there again - loved it!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here for three nights in October. Overall this is a nice resort. Some rooms are better than others--the first room we stayed in had a moldy odor and had some mosquitos likely because the staff were leaving the door open too long. The staff at the resort at times were rather dense ... basic questions like, "what time is the happy hour at the bar?" were answered with "yes, there is a bar there". But it didn't seem to be an english issue per se as the worker seemed to speak decent english, just rather that the worker was slow.

The japanese steak house was very good but again the service was a little off. I was served a room temperature wagyu steak ... when I asked for them to replace it, they brought back the same steak but not any warmer. Weird, but on the third try they got it right and it was amazing. Hair salon couldn't color my wife's hair--"only blonde and brown maam". Again, weird.

Breakfast was good, room was clean, room service was terrible--avoid. Drinks were exorbitant also. All in all not a bad place, but nothing spectacular. Hotel was quite crowded with a lot of kids as well. We didn't really want to get into the pool with that many kids there. Hotel gift shop is very nice.

Tip: Don't use the transportation service at the front desk. There's a transportation company around the corner closer to the restaurant for half the price.

Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Let me start by saying that I worked several years in the hospitality industry arranging trips for other people. So when I travel, I like to enjoy my holidays, that being said, I spend a lot of time looking for a nice place to stay in Bali, originally wanted to stay in Nusa Dua, but we though it was too far and decided to find something close enough to everything, yet calm. Padma Resort was a great option, the gardens and landscapes were beautiful, the swimming pools were very nice and warm.
We stayed at. Chalet room and was very nice, first we got a ground floor room, but was not very comfortable as the rooms don't have curtains, so you don't really have privacy, we requested to change the room and they arrange it right away!
The breakfast was nice with traditional balinese musicians playing all the time.
I was celebrating my 30th birthday and i got a welcome cake in my room and the staff sang Happy Bday to me also on my actual BD day!
The only downside, would be that the hotel is right next to the beach but does not have a private area, the moment you step in the beach, you are out of the hotel.
I would definitely recommend it to friends and would highly consider to stay there again!

2  Thank Luis E
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Bali Island.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your holiday here and satisfied with the service we offered. At The Padma we always try to provide the very best for our guests, so they can have a memorable experience that they won’t forget.

We hope to see you all again the next time you’re in Bali!

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our third stay in as many years, this time for 10 days. Consistent high standard of service and value for money. For the first time we had to call on Padma staff to solve a problem with a group of neighbouring young adult guests who were noisy and disturbing our privacy at 2 in the morning. One also persistently knocked on our door at that time. The next day we were moved quickly to a much better room and granted a late check out for our future day of departure. This prompt resolution and gesture was much appreciated. Management need to be careful of accepting group bookings of young adults out for a wild time. The core body of loyal repeat guests are couples and families who will be discouraged from returning if that becomes common. Having said that my wife and I had a great time overall and we found the in-house food and beverage pricing to be very reasonable which encouraged us to stay in quite often. Staff are very courteous and helpful as always. We will return to what has become our second home.

Nigel & Colleen Linnell
Melbourne. Vic.

Room tip: Garden Chalet 748 or close number to that. Always choose 1st floor for more privacy and better outlook plus no noise from above
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is my second stay at the Padma Resort. I was impressed two years ago and it is just as impressive now. Immaculately clean inside and out. The staff are lovely, friendly and happy. The Japanese restaurant is amazing. The barmen remembered how to make Love Boat cocktails which are no longer on the menu. Love having two pools, so there are no children running around. Highly recommended.