“Great resort for short weekend trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Padma Resort Legian

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Houston, Texas
“Great resort for short weekend trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Overall stay with the hotel was excellent. We stayed in the Pool Access room for 3 nights. When we first checkin, the receptionist informed that there will be construction during the day for renovation work. I thought it was going to be a problem for quiet weekend get away.

The hotel offered $60 USD credit voucher a night as compensation I thought it was ok. I would rather the amount refunded into actual room rate. As weekend went by, there wasn't that much of noise due to renovation during the day when we were at the hotel. We were out of hotel room most of day so $60 credit was well sufficient. However, the credit can not be used for Spa treatment.

We also had the access to the Garden Lounge. I thought the service in the lounge is superb. They remember my name as when I returned to the lounge 2nd time. I always appreciate hotel staff calling guests name as it makes me feel very personalized services. Lounge has very good selection of snacks during evening cocktail period.

As far as hotel location goes, it's in Legian which is in between Kuta to the South and Seminyak to the North. Taxi to Seminyak is about 25K IDR and Kuta is about 15K IDR. We actually walked back to the hotel from Kuta 1 night as traffic during the weekend is usually bad. It took us 30 to 40 minutes while we browse some shops as well. Hotel does not have its own beach. The beach is next to hotel but we didn't go there at all because hotel pool was fantastic. You can see nice sunset at the lounge look out bar.

I stayed in major US hotel resort in Nusa Dua last time. I thought the weekend spent in Padma Resort was topping that of international chain in term of services, locations and value. I would stay again!

Room Tip: We stay close to the center walk bridge. Room 127 so we didn't hear any construction noise.
2 Thank globetrekker_3086

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,230)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Padma Legian is like a beautiful tropical forest with koi fish-ponds. The resort area is big, with access to private beach. They have 3 restaurants and a lounge with beach view to enjoy the beautiful sunset. The breakfast area was amazing, very green and natural with delicious foods. The room was cozy and clean.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

So much to say about this beautiful peace of paradise, so much so I have been there 12-13 times in 3.5 years, with family, friends & solo and I honestly wouldn't want to ever stay anywhere else. I love all the staff there they always say welcome home when I see them, they know I'm celiac and they accomadate my food needs very well. MURTINI is a beautiful soul, she is beautiful inside and out and looks after me so well In the morning breakfasts and does Sarianni and the rest of the staff, they organise my food as soon as I sit down. Senti is Pool supervisor and looks after and cares for everone perfectly, this place is like family to me and I will always keep going back. If you want a place to stay that is peaceful with beautiful surroundings that look like your living in a true Balinese atmosphere then this is the place for you. The Pools are amazing, the service is the best I have ever experienced in my travels, the air-conditioning in the rooms are fantastic, the beds are awesome to sleep on and the gardens are very very beautiful. I find no fault at all and would recommend the Padma Resort to absolutely everyone and I mean this sincerely, I have just came back on the 15th Nov 2013 and planning another visit in Feb 2014. TERIMA KASIH TO ALL

Room Tip: I find I now love the chalet rooms and they have little front gardens, but I have stayed in a few ot...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank balibarb51
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Many thanks for your glowing review.

It’s certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest and to make your holiday with us a memorable one, always. We share all reviews the entire team here, so the staffs you mentioned specially will read your kind comments too.

I’m glad you enjoyed your time with us once again and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Organized our wedding to be held at the presidential suite, padma.
Not one fault at all!
Amazing location, venue, and with the assistance of lily, everything went along with no issues!
50 people and all had rave reviews, especially for the food.
The staff are spectacular and so friendly and helpful!
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Bextraordinary
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband & I and 2 small children have just returned from staying at the Padma. It was our first trip to Bali. The Padma was amazing! The resort is beautiful, our room was great, loved the buffet breakfast, the restaurants were really good, great pools and above all else the service was top class! Fantastic staff, very friendly and helpful, they went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay. We are already planning a trip next year and very much looking forward to staying at Padma again. We had the most wonderful time in Bali and we thank everyone at the Padma for that.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LouLouCar1
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I just recently stayed at the Padma mid November and wow.
Firstly, this place. It's not a normal resort like majority in Bali. You are walking into a JUNGLE full of tropical beauty and classic Balinese Charm. It is massive. The attention to detail is exquisite. We were pinching ourselves, asking is this seriously our home for the next 3 days. Pure joy. Pure excitement.

What makes this property so fantastic is the people. What a lovely bunch of humble, caring and inviting group that service us at the Padma. Cannot fault them. Smiles and willingness to help!

Oh, and... the buffet breakfast. Over the top, amazing. Lots of choices and you are sitting is this massive bungalow overlooking the beautiful pond and architecture.

The rooms were generous and modern still holding Balinese Charm. Balconies were large and great views of the property.

As a travel agent working for Flight Centre I send many couples and families to this number 1 destination.

This is a 5 STAR SERVICE. cannot fault. Money very well spent.

Great work Padma team! :):):):):)

4 Thank Annabellefab
Bunbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I have now stayed at the Padma Legian four times and still think it is fantastic. We always have a lagoon access room straight onto the Lagoon Pool which for us meets all our needs. So much so we rarely leave the Lagoon Pool, apart from when I go to the Spa and my husband goes to the ftness centre which we also recommend.

1 Thank FinChapman
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for your good and loyal supports to The Padma. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!