“A lovely stay at the Padma”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My young son and I spent 4 days at the Padma Resort in mid December. Although the weather was not ideal, it is the wet season after all, we had a lovely time. The staff at this hotel are wonderful. Nothing is too much effort. The standards are high and clearly management have a customer focus ethos. The grounds and gardens are so well kept. Great pool area for relaxing. The breakfast is simply superb. We stayed in room 704 which was well presented, convenient and quiet. I used their Spa. Outstanding. I fell asleep!
In terms of the cost I think it's value for the spend.
We would intend to visit again.

Room Tip: Room 704 on the upper floor was conveniently located and quiet. Lovely balcony area. Perfect air con...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen R

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

I honestly couldn't be happier with my stay at the Padma Resort; everything was fantastic from start to finish. Firstly, the resort grounds itself are ideal in somewhere like Legian, you step in and instantly feel like you are in another world. It has beautiful gardens and is so quiet which is exactly what you want after being on the busy and sometimes overwhelming Balinese streets.

The staff were incredible, not one request was too much and they were extremly polite and attentive. My boyfriend had a virus in the middle of the stay, and guest relations even sent us some lovely flowers and checked up on us regularly to see how he was. We became a familiar face with Asa, one of the staff members, who went out of his way to help us and make sure we were happy and informed. So thank you Asa for all your help and kindness!

The food was amazing. I have travelled throughout the world and it was honestly the best buffet breakfast I have ever had. I also had dinner from room service which was very nice.

We stayed in a deluxe chalet which we found to be perfect for our stay. It was spacious enough for us, and extremely clean.

Overall I will definitely recommend the Padma to anyone... It was a brilliant choice and well worth the money that you pay. Thanks to all the staff and we will certainly be back!

Brandon and Laura

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LauraHutton
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Brandon and Laura

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I’m pleased that you both had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were pleased with the room, service and food. I share all reviews with the entire team here, so they too can read how much you enjoyed your stay, especially the foods.

We all hope to welcome you again soon.

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Well, what can I say? It was excellent. We stayed for 5 nights. The resort was only 60% full which helped. We booked 3 deluxe garden chalets. 586, 588 and 589. All rooms were good, spacious and comfortable.
On the first night the bed sheets felt very damp and humid in the room as it was the rainy season and I suppose the aircon was not on much before we arrived. I'd suggest that the staff switch on the aircon/dry mode a good few hours before guests arrive.
If you have adjoining rooms you may find the adjoining door not soundproof enough.
Showers were blissful.
The buffet breakfast was excellent compared with many other 5 star hotels. Croissants were especially yummy (better than in France)! Bacon (yes, pork) was great. Waffles were a hit with the children. Asian breakfast selection was also good. Get your own glass of milk from the cereal bar because the one they serve you in the jug is the UHT/sterilized variety.
Pools were lovely.
Beer was overpriced at 90k for a small one (28k - 40k outside for a large one).
If you just want some snacks/beer there are a few minimarts outside the hotel within 100m.
If you want a taxi it is often more convenient to walk out of the resort.
Adjoining beach was great fun (not run by hotel). Managed to negotiate some beginners surf tuition for 150k per hour (not for the serious surfer). They had us standing up in no time. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Even the gardeners take the time to speak with you.
All in all highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lsof
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We have always heard about the Padma from friends and family and finally decided to give it a try. We were very impressed and it definitely earns its top spot here on trip advisor. The included transfers were on time and the staff were very friendly, the reception staff were always willing to help out with any requests (restaurant bookings, directions and whatnot) and the breakfasts were legendary! The grounds were so amazing, every day when we came back to the padma it was like stepping into a sanctuary away from the busyness and the dirty streets which we really enjoyed. I would definitely recommend dining at Tenkai and Donbiu, and watching the sunset at the sunset bar - these were our favourite spots at Padma. We stayed in the deluxe chalets, which were furnished with a balinese style and were cleaned very well each day. We really had an amazing stay

Room Tip: Deluxe chalets were nice as they were away from the pool noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Padma is somewhere I have always wanted to stay. The grounds, facilities and staff all lived up to expectations but our room though adequate was a little disappointing. It was perfectly fine in proportion and cleanliness but was a little tired and not of 5 star standard.
Otherwise pools are great, staff throughout resort friendly and helpful, breakfast in main restaurant was fantastic with lots of choice. The food at pool cafés were good and reasonable as were the drinks. More expensive than outside the hotel but were of high quality and worth it.
The hotel really was a peaceful oasis after the hot and sometime frantic streets. We never failed each day to be amazed by the beauty of the grounds and care that went into keeping them top class.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gundagirl
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We are a family of 2 adults, 4 children...3 of us came to the Padma after spending 5 nights in hospital in Bali. We had contracted dengue fever and pneumonia at another hotel in kuta where we spent our first 5 nights. It is only after our horrible experience that you can fully appreciate the Padma Resort for the wonderful, caring place it really is. The staff went out of their way to help us recover - they made absolutely sure there were no mosquitos in our rooms by checking it regularly and spraying; they were caring and gave advise on how to expedite our recovery - ordering in young coconuts for us to drink at breakfast etc etc.
We have stayed many places in Bali and at the Padma a few times before and yes, the prices have gone up somewhat which makes it a little on the expensive side , but I believe it is worth it. I was mosquito paranoid post hospital and I can say that I did not experience any daytime flying mosquitos at the hotel ( species most likely to infect dengue). I believe this is not by chance but by diligence in maintaining their grounds to the highest standard. My kids love the Padma and never want to stay any where else and I tend to agree.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kids46
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This was our second stay at The Padma. We returned as we were absolutely amazed last time we were here and we wanted a place that would be, well... perfect and without any problems or hassle.

The place is great, don't get me wrong. The grounds are lovely, the garden cottages spacious and clean, staff absolutely amazing and almost everything runs very well. Still, I cannot say that I am 100% happy with our last stay.

As we checked in we were to pay the remainder of the bill for our stay. We pre paid one night and was to pay for a few more. When they said what they would charge as the total I kind of reacted because it sounded like a lot so I questioned the amount and asked him to recalculate and show me. Turns out he tried to charge an extra night. It was probably just a mistake but at the same time, keep your eyes open as things like this do happen.

We got a cottage at the ground floor just outside the gym and Garden Club (that we also utilized). The first thing that happens as we walk in is that the glass in the shower falls in. We should have taken this as a sign and changed rooms, but merely called and got it fixed in no time. The room itself was lovely but noisy. We could hear every toilet in the block flush, at 5 in the morning the people sweeping outside, staff running around etc. In short, the room was extremely noisy. Another thing was that every time someone flushed the hot water in our shower disappeared so in our entire week we never had a shower without having to jump in and out of it. We did talk to the staff and they asked us if we wanted to change rooms but at that stage we only had two days left and I couldn't be bothered packing my bags and move for two nights.

Another thing that bugged me was the consistency at the Garden Club. If I order cappuccino in the morning, it shouldn't be almost black one day and white the next one. If I order a drink it should be the same no matter who made it but no, some of them were actually so bad and didn't taste like they should so we sent them back. A 3 minute egg could be hard boiled one day and runny the next. The staff should be trained so that you get the same no matter the cook, chef, bartender or barista.

I wouldn't normally complain about things like this but when I pay $376 / night at a 5-star resort I should get what I pay for, what they claim that they offer but clearly don't at this stage.

The Garden Club itself offered breakfast, afternoon snacks and evening canapés. The breakfast was nice, it had a limited offer but you could order from a menu and other items as well. The afternoon "snacks" was Arnotts water crackers, peanuts and if you were lucky one day they had a couple of sweet mini cakes, or fruit but I would definitely not describe it as "snacks". They did have a fab ice cream though. Evening canapés were really good, great selection of different dishes and a nice drink menu, the only problem was the consistency of the drinks. Sometimes missing ingredients, too much of something, lacking in others... all dependent on the bartender at the time.

We tried the Deli one day for lunch, ok but nothing too flash. Did the fish and chips and it was a generous serve. Got nicer meals down the road.
Tenkai Japaneese restaurant was the best of all during the trip, food to die for! Don't miss it.
Gym was good, missed a few items but quite well equipped for a hotel gym.
Ice-Cream at the Deli was superb, home made and fantastic taste.
Laundry Service was great, pick up and deliver within the day.
Room service was really good, fast delivery and high quality food.

The only real issue we had was when we left and this was the one that kind of made us rethink our stay. We left early, we left the tip for the cleaner as we hadn't seen him the day before. As we leave the room a staff member is waiting for us to go, when we round the corner he enters the room. Through the window we see him quickly take the bills and pocket the money, leaving the change. Hubby went back to make sure the money was gone and yes, it was gone. We fronted management as we checked out, they said they would follow up but made excuses as we checked out. It didn't matter, the money was not his to take and if their staff can just enter a room and pocket money like that it makes me question the honesty of some of their staff. It is not right that all has to suffer just because one is dishonest because most of their staff is absolutely lovely but still, it only takes one.

I did fill in the survey, both on paper and online but so far no one from the hotel has come back to us or had any type of contact with us regarding this matter.

I would probably go back but I would not pay extra for the Garden Club. It just don't have the same to offer as other Club level rooms we have stayed at. It felt limited, both when it came to breakfast, afternoon "snacks" and "out of hours" services. You couldn't get a soda as you swing by and take it out of the Club. Seating inside is also limited and most guests get to sit outside in the heat.
I would also be more vigilant when it comes to my valuables as the incident when we checked out left us with a bad feeling.

Room Tip: Don't go for the Garden Club, save your money. Garden Cottages, top floor is nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RoseAnna74
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Valued Reviewer

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I’m sorry to hear about a few aspects of your stay which wasn’t quite up to your satisfaction. I’ve reviewed and addressed each point you raised with the Department Heads in concerned for our continuous improvement.

The staff who went into your room when you checked out was our Housekeeping Supervisor. It was his duty to check the room as soon as the guest checks out, to ensure that no belonging is left behind. Please rest assured that we do not tolerate dishonesty in our company. He had given the money to the room boy who’s in charge to clean your room.

Once again thank you for your constructive comments. Please let us know should you have a plan to stay with us again.

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Legian Bali
The Legian Bali
#8 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!