“Finally!.. a holiday that exceeds expectation”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Perth
“Finally!.. a holiday that exceeds expectation”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We LOVED the Padma. The resort made our holiday! Some may say it's expensive compared to other Bali accommodation, but once you add up all what's provided its incredible value for money.

The service is amazing (special hi to Hannah and Senti from Anjali and Roshan). Everyone is eager to help and say hi, even the security. Everything is answered with a yes, the flexibility for guests is appreciated. If it's not on the menu, they'll try and accommodate anyway. Kids are made to feel special (what more do parents want!).

Food is very tasty, we tried the tropical bbq buffet and ate our fill of satay while watching the Ramayana in balinese dance. Lots of pool and room service, drinks are awesome, milkshakes, and the fiery mexicana was our fave pizza. Price are OK especially we got a US$50 credit due to construction work to use every day (and we never saw any construction - bonus!). Kids and us never got sick the whole time we ate there. Breakfast is unbelievable, - pancakes and waffles, bacon and fruit were our favourites. And the freshly squeezed pineapple and watermelon juices.

Pools are amazing, we swam in both heaps, water is the best temperature so there is no hesitation to jump in. We even swam at 9pm after a shopping trip. And of course, its great to swim up to the bars and order bintang and cocktails, or juice for the kids.

The beach is average but the view from the resort is lovely. Great breeze and they have set up places to sit and relax looking at the beach. I only went to the beach once and it was dirty, but padma kids cleaning it up. Outside the resort isn't that neat but lots of great stalls so we enjoyed the shopping.

The resort is huge, and the gardens amazing. We loved the green everywhere. It was a paradise to return back to after heading out.

Had a few massages outside the padma but the best massage was in padma, but its too expensive. $6 outside versus $115 inside, please padma revise the pricing. Although I note guests get discounts, its still pricey. I did get my daughters hair braided at the resort as I thought it's safer, and it was excellent but $50 (outside $15). They took 1.5 hours though so can't complain, she loves it.

Everywhere the padma keeps umbrellas so you never travel anywhere and get wet. Anyway it only rained 2 half days and overnight. Bali weather rocks, evenings the breeze is too good.

The children's club was superb and allowed us to hit the gym or a massage, while kids were entertained and safe. It's a sign in/out procedure and like childcare, we hesitantly used it then found it to be good for a couple hours kids happy and us.

Pool towels available near pools, pool games (with icecream prizes for kids), heaps of bottled water in rooms, even 4 new toothbrushes each day. We were spoilt.

Families with kids who swim will love this resort. It's safe, clean, relaxing, and the staff are really there to make the guest happy. Thank you Padma for making our holiday, we hope to return one day.

Room Tip: Premier twin Room - very good for families with 2 adults 2 children where the kids are small and nee...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jayan23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,279)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Call me biased, but I just love everything about Padma Resort Bali at Legian. The first time I visited Padma was way back in 1995. I've returned about fifteen times since. Sometimes just my wife and I, sometimes with our teenage children (who are now adults), sometimes with other couples (our friends). I loved it then, I love it now. I am especially privileged to see first hand how much money Padma reinvest into their property. The changes over the years are nothing short of mind blowing. The personalised service, the best most sincerest staff with the grandest smiles, the most unbelievable breakfast buffet you will ever experience in any five star hotel anywhere in the world, spacious exemplary furnished rooms/suites/chalets, the vast selection of restaurants and facilities within the resort, the largest relaxing serenely beautiful pools you can imagine. Where do I stop?
I am so impressed with the service, the value, the location is perfect being walking distance to Seminyak or walking distance to Kuta or a two dollar taxi ride to anywhere that takes your fancy, the strong high speed Wi-Fi signal anywhere in the resort, the extra curricular activities by the pool every day, the fully equipped gym, the tennis courts, the Mandira Spa for that extra special feeling of being spoilt, the grounds with it's flora and fauna which are out of this world.
I have without a doubt left something out because there is so much to rave on about!
Graham Goddard.

Room Tip: It's almost impossible to choose a bad room. There is such a vast choice, it is very difficult...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobbie5163
PadmaResort_GM, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Graham

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for your good and loyal supports to us.

I'm pleased to know that after all these years you still love The Padma. It’s an honour and a pleasure to have had you as our guests for the past 18 years.

On behalf of everyone here, I look forward to your continued visits for many years to come.

Sincerely

T Soerjanto
Director of Operations
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

First time to Bali and we were not disappointed especially staying at this incredible resort.
Every aspect of the resort was impeccable and I would definitely recommend to all.
We stayed in the presidential suite which was beyond amazing and the butlers in our room were very accommodating and helpful along with the rest of the resort staff.
The main pool area was wonderful.
A highlight would have to be the garden club lounge in which all the staff knew our names and even our food and drink preferences !

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Alexiamihalopoulos
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Just spent 10 days at this resort and loved it.. the pools are fantastic, staff are exceptional - always smiling and happy to accommodate...Rooms are spacious and very clean..gardens are lush and green, breakfast buffet was bountiful with a vast variety of foods to choose from - The location is excellent - right between Kuta and Seminyak so great shopping all around.. the beach wasn't all that great due to being the rainy season and the bigger waves washing up lots of litter - I suspect this wouldn't happen in the calmer sea conditions of the dry season though...there really isn't much to complain about..the ONLY improvements I could suggest are to include bathrobes in the rooms ( most hotels do that these days) and soundproofing between rooms could be better..HOWEVER - we didn't spend all that much time in the rooms so we wouldn't have made extensive use of the robes anyway and the guests around us were fairly quiet so we weren't disturbed nor was our ability to sleep compromised. A recent post discussed they got food poisoning from the food at the Barong bar pool - I believe we were there at the same time time as these people and ate lunch ( usually salads ) at that bar restaurant most days and were fine. We also had coffees and milk shakes from that same bar. There was gastro going around the hotel though - nothing to do with the hotel I don't think - just lots of people in a relatively confined space passing on the bugs..I would definitely stay at this hotel if I came back to Legian.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

This was my 2nd time within 6 months with my girlfriend & we loved it. We stayed over the New Year period. Everything was perfect the only negative would be the check in/out took too long (again) & the room price but when we got resort credit we were pretty happy.

We travel consistently with our jobs so we are often amused from our fellow Australian travellers that will blame a hotel for food poisoning in a country such as Indonesia. We were aware of the problems a few guests had & now after reading some comments I have to add my own. Do you get food poisoning after 2 hours? Yes if the food is obviously bad, so why would you eat it? While we were out & about we talked with people & found out places like the W Hotel, Jayakarta & some smaller places all had people sick with diarhera, vomiting, headaches & fever. So unless the management at Padma send their chefs out to poison people in every hotel wouldn't you have some common sense & think it's the wet season in the tropics & maybe I should be careful when I eat at little warungs or don't touch my face after touching money? I could name many more.

I had to write this because I feel for the staff who treated us so well on both our stays & I hope they don't cop it because of my fellow uniformed Australian travellers who probably think going overseas means Rottnest Island or Tasmania. I apologise for what many may say of my rudeness & I am happy to take any comments & reply but people please think about what you touch, what you eat or drink off & who coughed etc right next to you, have a look around the streets & see how the real people live? Is it like your street at home? Plus a few people could use a good detox so it probably did them a favour getting sick!!

We hope to be back in April & hopefully for longer. Senti your a lovely lady & I hope to see you again.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Chris B
Melbourne
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

This was not our first time here but the Padma never fails to impress. The grounds are fabulous, the pools inviting, comfortable and not overcrowded, the rooms are modern, comfortable and have everything you need (including powerpoints for Euro, UK and Australian/NZ plugs) and wifi nearly everywhere, which while at Bali slow speeds and/or bandwidth is at least here. Breakfast is a highlight with changing fare every day and a variety of Western and Asian delights along with fabulous fresh pancakes. I can't imagine what else you would need in a Legian stay.

Watch out for special room rates.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Karawang, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Perfect in every way, staff great, food great and accommodation great.
Good location, only short walk to beach. Many shops and restaurants only a short walk away.
Absolutely loved the main pool, with swim up bar and food available.
If I go back to Bali, I would book here directly, would not consider any other hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
W Bali - Seminyak
#19 of 145 in Seminyak
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!