“Fantastic, can't wait to return”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Barossa Valley
“Fantastic, can't wait to return”
Reviewed 30 May 2009

We went to the Padma as the first part of our trip in Bali and had the best time ever. The resort is beautiful (even with the renovations going on at the moment). We didn't find the renovations a problem. It's going to be amazing when it's finished. We stayed in a deluxe chalet ,which had just been renovated and it was fantastic. We couldn't decide whether to book a superior room or pay the extra and book a deluxe chalet, but we decided on the chalet, and I'm so pleased we did. It's definately worth it. I went past the superior rooms and they looked pretty average, the deluxe chalet rooms are worth the extra money and we were also much closer to the pool and beach. The pool is great, a really good atmosphere with the pool bar. There were plenty of sun lounge's. I was a bit worried we wouldn't get one if we went late in the day, but it wasn't a problem. And the poolside food is yummmo. All of the food was. The breakfast was great. Although a little hot, it would be good if they had some more ceiling fans. But best of all was the service. The employees were all so happy, helpful and friendly. We did a few of the theme dinners which were good. The numbers were a little low. I think that people go and eat outside the resort as it's a lot cheaper. The location of the Padma is fantastic. As soon as you walk out you are amongst all the shopping and haggling. Which is a bit daunting at first, but you soon get used to it, and it's a buzz. It's great anytime of the day. We went to Seminyak along the beach one day, which was supposed to be a 20 minute walk, but after walking 20 minutes and thinking we were there I asked a local if we were in Seminyak and he said it's 20 minutes away. I think 20 minutes is their response to everything. It was very hot and we were pleased to see a popular modern looking bar on the beach when we finally got to Seminyak. I think it much have been about an hour later!. We stopped for a drink, then looked at the shops, which were pretty average, not as good as Legian, more like Australian prices, and then started walking back. But the walkways were pretty dogdy so we gave up and got in a taxi back for a cost of $2 AUD !!! We also got a taxi to Kuta the next day, but it was pretty close, so we walked back. Probably about a 15 minute walk along the beach. The shopping is similar to Legian. Same kind of stalls/shops selling the same stuff. We were sad to leave and move to the Melia at Nusa Dua, which was pretty average (both the hotel and Nusa Dua). We will definately go back to the Padma if/when we go to Bali again, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone wanting to stay at a beautiful resort, in a great location, with fantastic service and atmosphere. And it's only going to get better once the renovation is complete !!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank luvtravel27
padmaresort, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 2 June 2009
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warm greetings from Padma Resort Bali.

Thank you for spending your time to write us a review on Tripadvisor.com.

It is a pleasure for me to know that you had a most memorable experience with us on your first trip to Bali. I also appreciate your comments about the various aspects of the hotel operation and have shared them with my team for improvements in the future.

All of us at Padma Resort look forward to another fantastic holiday the next time around and wish you a wonderful day.

T. Soerjanto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,262)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geelong Victoria
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Great place, fantastic pool, clean rooms serviced daily, swim up bar. drinks a bit expensive I noticed a few patrons going to the Mandira for cheap happy hour drinks. Across the small road to the beach close to shopping on Jalan Padma. I would recommend this hotel to those not to worried about their budget, I have stayed in 5 to 2 star in Bali but indulgence is here, the best smorgasboard breakfast any where.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled as a couple
padmaresort, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 3 June 2009
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warm greetings from Padma Resort Bali.

It’s a pleasure to know that you’ve enjoyed your recent stayed with us.

We appreciate you valuable comments as they help us know how to continually improve our products and services.

On behalf of Padma Resort, I look forward for the next opportunity of you staying with us again and wish you a wonderful day.

Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2009

My husband, 3yr old daughter and I stayed at the Padma Hotel from the 16th to the 22nd of May 2009 following a reccomendation from family.

The staff are the hotel's best asset - nice people.

I would say that the hotel is about 3 star charging 5 star prices - the hotel is very much past its glory days.

The renovated rooms are just OK - sort of 1/2 renovated... some parts upgraded but other elements of the room not - doors, part of bathrooms etc..

Pool is OK.

Kids club just a tiny room with a very average sand pit and slippery slide outside - staff seem nice & friendly though.

We stayed in a Ground Floor Garden Club Room. Good privacy but very average for the price paid ($200 + $42 tax US).

The Garden Club itself is not worth the extra price paid - my expectations were high after staying is executive club rooms in other parts of asia - the Padma was a disappointment.

On the positive side breakfast in Bella Rosa (included in the price) was exceptional.

My advice - stay in Seminyak - the shops are nicer, restaurants better and for a lesser price you can get a great new large villa over the road from the beach.

I think a fair price for one night at the Padma Garden Club Room should be about $180 Australian Dollars. If the price you are quoted is above this I think look somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank CathyHAustralia
padmaresort, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 27 May 2009
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali at Legian.

Thank you for your precious time to post us a review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that our friendliness of the staff as well as breakfast at Bella Rosa was exceptional for you.

The room you stayed at was one of the few Garden Club Chalet room which was yet been renovated. We’ll make sure you get a newly refurbished room should you decide to stay with us again next time. You’ll also find our new kid’s club to be more entertaining as they are not only more spacious but also equipped with more sophisticated gadgets and toys for the kids.

Thank you once more. We hope you’ll come and stay with us again next time to experience our newly renovated Padma Resort.

Vancouver
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We spent a lot of time researching where to stay in Bali and were so happy we picked the Hotel Padma. The hotel is located within a quick cab ride or a good walk between central Kuta and Seminyak. There are several restaurants/bars right outside the hotel, so finding a good place to eat easy (hotel food was great too).

The beach along Legian isn't the greatest for swimming. You can only swim between certain flags to avoid the strong current, plus there is often garbage washing up from shore. So we strongly recommend selecting a hotel with a great pool like Hotel Padma. There was a kids pool and shallow end, plus a great ledge around the deep end so you could chill in the water, while basking in the sun. Padma is right in front of the beach so you could enjoy long walks and the sunsets.

We also loved the hotel for the incredible breakfast buffet that was included in the room rate. Every type of breakfast food was offered to appeal to the international guests.

Overall the hotel was peaceful, clean, with modern rooms, and the staff were incredibly friendly.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
padmaresort, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 14 May 2009
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali.

Thank you for your precious time to write us a review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that our facilities as well as friendliness of the hotel staff have left you with a memorable vacation at the Padma. I have personally brought up your comments to our team so that everyone is aware of what you appreciate about our products and services.

All of us at Padma Resort look forward to another inspiring holiday the next time around and wish you a wonderful day.

Sydney
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Having recently travelled to Bali as part of my wedding/honeymoon celebrations, I was most pleasantly surprised at the level of service associated with the Club Rooms and Lounge at the Padma.

Afternoon tea was wonderful and cocktail hour was also a fantastic idea. I enjoyed the private breakfast associated with the Club benefits. One morning we tried the other breakfast area...however it did not compare catering to the families and many Australian travellers, quite noisy, with average service.

I would recommend the Club Chalet, however like so many recent reviews, it became annoying to have the renovations going on into the night with a make-shift reception area. One evening there was a noxious gas emanating from the building site which covered the garden in a misty fog......not the best situation.

I will return only after the renovations are completed and look forward to doing so.

• Stayed April 2009
padmaresort, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 13 May 2009
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warmest Greetings from Padma Resort Bali.

Thank you for spending your precious time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.com

I am pleased to know that you have had an enjoyable wedding celebration with us even with the renovation of our lobby and Taman Ayun Coffee House. I have shared it with the team so everyone concerned can appreciate it.

The renovation progress is going quite well and I can ensure that they will look great once completed. On behalf of Padma Resort Bali, I look forward to welcoming you back with a new look of our lobby and Taman Ayun Coffee House

New Delhi
Reviewed 10 May 2009

I was there for our honeymoon, relay had a nice time. Starting with the location, it is in the heart of the city with beautiful landscape, as ur in the hotel you don’t feel it. The room are neat, breakfast is amazing, pool with the bar is grt. Hotel activates as also good like Italian night, flee market etc. The food in the Italian restaurant is really good. Spa is good but bit expensive, but worth it. The only thing which was missing is the private beach, they have access directly to the beach. Over it was worth going again.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
padmaresort, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 11 May 2009
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warm Greetings from Padma Resort Bali.

We thank you for sharing your experience to write us a review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that you have had a memorable honeymoon with us. I have shared it with the team so everyone concerned can appreciate it.

On behalf of Padma Resort Bali, I look forward to welcoming you back when your travel itinerary brings back to Bali.

Zoetermeer
Reviewed 29 April 2009

My first trip to the Far East. Picked Bali and Hotel Padma from behind my computer in cold Belanda. Could not have choosen better. The resort itself is excellent and beautifull but especially the people working there make this place an experience I'll never forget. Never in my life I have met people as kind and friendly as in this hotel. It felt like a warm bath. Special thanks to Eni from the Garden Club lounge en Sariani from the breakfast buffet. They kept an eye on me and made me feel very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank WayanTom
padmaresort, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this review, 30 April 2009
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali, a hideway in the Legian Heart.

We thank you for spending your precious time to write us a review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and leave you with a memorable experience. I have shared it with the team so everyone concerned can appreciate it.

On behalf of Padma Resort Bali, I look forward to pampering you again when your travel itinerary brings you back to Bali.

T. Soerjanto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!