“Peaceful, classy, an oasis in Legian!”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 9 December 2009

This was my 3rd stay at the Padma in 13 months. I love this hotel! I was there with a group of women (ages 24-65) and we all loved it. The new lobby is beautiful and I really like the new restaurant off the lobby. They redesigned some of the buildings and now have a brand new kids club and a Mandara Spa.

Speaking of the spa, they have a 50% off promotion until Dec 23rd (I think). That was a huge bonus and we all spent a considerable amount of time in the spa.

We had the Garden Club Chalet rooms and they are wonderful. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are fabulous...especially the walk in showers. The blinds are the dark out kind so that if you want to sleep in you can.

We had access to the Garden Club which is great...especially the happy hour from 5-7PM. They could use more seating at that time as it's very popular but the service was excellent!

I found the staff this time to be even better than my other 2 visits. Everyone is always smiling and some of the friendliest staff we the gardeners. They always stopped to greet you when you walked by.

We had dinner at the Bella Rosa and the Japanese Restaurant and both were good. The sushi was very fresh. Again , they had a 50% off promotion at their buffet nights while we were there and I think those are in place until just before Christmas as well.

The pool is huge and although some have said it is too warm, I don't think there is much they can do about that. It's a great pool to do laps in and never seemed busy. They also have a swim up bar...which usually was fairly busy and a good happy hour there.

The location of the Padma is excellent...across from the beach and if you walk out the front there are plenty of shops and restaurants right there.

My only complaint was my internet access in my room (paid for 24 hour use during a 7 day period and I think it was around $25USD). Each time I've stayed at the Padma I've had to get their computer tech guy to come a few times to connect me (it's not wireless in the rooms). It's frustrating because if you are trying to get on the internet after hours you have to wait until the next day when it can be fixed. Not a big deal but it would be nice if the rooms had wireless internet.

That was my 19th trip to Bali and I've stayed at many hotels...in all the different beach areas. I will certainly stay at the Padma again. I just hope they don't put their rates up too high. It's still a pretty good deal but there is lots of competition...just not as nice as the Padma!

1  Thank Kellysadie
PadmaResortLegian, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2010

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty in staying with us!

What a pleasure to hear that once again our service and facilities have impressed you. I’m happy that you also like our remodeled Lobby and Café Lounge. Just wait and see our newly constructed Lagoon which is expecting completion by July 2010.

On another note, starting Jan 2010 we have complimentary internet access in our Club rooms and Suites which you will be able to enjoy 24/7.

All of us at the Padma Resort would love to have you back again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 1 December 2009

I stayed with my friend for a week in the garden chalet with the garden club membership. From word go on arrival the staff were amazing- catering to your every need, and continually greeting you with warm smiles and friendly conversations all throughout the resort. The room was amazing, with the air con very cool and comfortable and the wooden shutters allowing you to sleep in- handy after many late nights. The shower was very nice and the staff were quick to respond if we required more towels, band-aids and even coat hangers after our big days of shopping in Seminyak. It is definately worth paying the extra for the Garden Club Membership- we found it useful after a day in the sun or shopping to hang out in there and have some beautiful cocktails, looking over the water as the sun set- truly amazing! The pool is quite warm, but nevertheless it is lovely to float around in and if its not refreshing enough your just a stones throw away from the beach which is great for surfers and those learning like us! With the membership we could also order in breakfast, with a massive choice, handy when we didnt feel up to leaving the room, or order a private meal at Bela Rosa restaurant looking over the beach, or have the buffet which was also great.
The location is very nice- away from the hustle and bustle, you feel like you have entered a sanctuary as soon as you step inside the resort!
I cant say how much i enjoyed my trip- it was so special and worth every cent!
I would advise everyone, not only families, but young people and old to stay here you will have a ball !

2  Thank AnnieDarb

Dear our Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from the Island of the Gods!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review on TripAdvisor. It’s a pleasure to know that your recent stay with our Resort has been a wonderful one and has left you with a memorable impression.

Please remember us the next time you’re planning to visit Bali again.

Reviewed 26 November 2009

I first travelled to Bali in 1979 and have returned many times for work and leisure over the years, having stayed in a broad range of accommodation throughout Bali from cheap to quite expensive. Surprisingly, this was my first stay at the Padma and I was very impressed. I travelled with an old school friend and it was his first time in Bali,indeed his first time overseas, so I was looking for a hotel that would create a positive first impression of Bali and provide a comfortable, relaxing and friendly start to our travels. The Padma achieved all this and more; we stayed in a deluxe twin share chalet which was very spacious, clean and comfortable, with excellent beds and a large bathroom with a good shower. The gardens provide a fantastic buffer to the hustle and bustle of street life and there is an immediate sense of peacefulness once inside the entrance. The location is excellent; right on the beach front yet with no traffic to navigate unlike many of the Kuta hotels. At night the gardens become enchanting. The staff were very friendly, helpful and willing to share their up to date knowledge to answer any of our questions. As many people have commented, the breakfast buffet is simply superb and is complimented by the quiet tones of two local musicians playing traditional instruments. Whilst this is a large resort that can accommodate quite a few guests the planning of the buildings and spacious design of the gardens are such that you have the sense of being one of a few guests. I'm a surfer so not usually one for lounging around resort pools but I will say I thoroughly enjoyed the pool at the Padma for it's relaxed and non-pretentious vibe. There is much to see and do in Bali and if you are planning a stay in Legian, there is no place other than the Padma in my opinion; a tad more expensive than some others perhaps but it offers so much more on many levels. Enjoy! PS; My friend was positively overwhelmed by the Padma experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank Graeme C

Dear our Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali at Legian!

I’m happy to know that your recent stay with us has been an enjoyable one and that our Resort facilities and services had created a positive first impression to your friend and yourself.

All of us here at the Padma Resort are waiting for your 2nd and future stays with us.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2009

Stayed here for my 2nd time this year and it was great....only downer was that i stayed with 2 other people in a 3 person room and my travel agent had told me we would get three beds, meaning one each......we did get three beds but one of them was more of a day/bed/couch sort of thing.....but this was a mistake of the travel agent not the hotel....regardless of that we got to stay in the newly renovated rooms which were fantastic and the walk to the pool is long but veryyyyy worth it once your there :P

Dear our Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali at legian!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again. I’m glad that you like our newly renovated chalets. The Resort will be having a second pool in the form of lagoon which should be ready by the end of this year. I hope that on your next stay you’ll be able to enjoy this new facility.
On behalf of Padma Resort Bali, I look forward to having you stay with us again on your future visits to Bali island.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2009

This was my partners & my first trip to Bali and I can only speak highly of the experience. Bali is now one of my favourite destinations and will definitely will be returning in 2010.

The resort is 30min by Taxi from the airport (depending on traffic) and is only 1 min or so walk to the Legian market district and an abundance of local restaurants which serve good food and drinks at very good prices. The beach is a stones throw away and access to most of the other beach hotels and their restaurants/facilities is permitted.

The resort was immaculate, I couldn't find a leaf out of place or cigarette butt on the ground. The staff are super friendly and went out of their way to help. We stayed in a Garden Deluxe room, which was very spacious with a massive shower and king sized bed and great air-conditioning - which is needed. The brekkie had everything you could possible need and the pool and pool bar (where I spent most of my 9 days) was tremendous.

All in all, the Padma Resort was 10/10 in my books.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear our Valued Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I’m pleased that our resort has helped creating a positive first impression for your first visit in Bali and that our facilities and services have impressed you.
All of us at Padma Resort are looking forward to your return in Bali for another great experience.

Reviewed 7 November 2009

We loved the place and the aircon was the best we experienced in Bali. The brekky was also the best we had anywhere. The location is great right across from the beach. The only downside was that the pool is just disgustingly lukewarm - it's clean and beautiful but not at all refreshing. Other pools in Bali didn't suffer from this so we're not sure what the problem is. And if you go out to the beach it isn't patrolled at that part so you have to walk a fair way to swim. Nevertheless we really loved our stay at the Padma and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear our Valued Reviewer,

Warm Greetings from Bali island!

Thank you for your kind review on several aspects of our Resort. I have noted your concern on our pool water temperature. The temperature here in Bali sometimes gets a bit warm when the sun is in the southern hemisphere. Hopefully we’ll be able to find a way that will alleviate this issue in the near future.

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2009

We were recommended the Padma by a few friends who loved it & I can see why!
We had a fantastic 4 nights in a garden chalet, with the garden club lounge extras which we used every day..free internet, free use of gym,free non alcoholic drinx all day long...it does tie you to the hotel if u want to make full use of the free afternoon tea from 3-5pm & then the free cocktails & nibbles from 5-7pm, but we wanted a relaxing 5 days where we didnt have to go shopping etc. and so this suited us just right :)
The pool temperature was perfect, the room was sooo dark with its wooden shutters, which allowed for a good sleep in, the new renovations are magnificent, staff & service excellent. We didnt use the spa, as we thought the prices were a bit expensive. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
PadmaResortLegian, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2009

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warm Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you for your compliments on our newly refurbished facilities. Pleased to know that you like the new look of our resort and that you have made a full use of our facilities and services.
On behalf of Padma Resort, I look forward to having you back for another holiday of pure indulgence.

T. Soerjanto

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Legian Beach Hotel
#13 of 87 in Legian
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
Pullman Bali Legian Beach
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!