“Padma Bali - What a fantastic holiday!!”

Padma Resort Legian
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Well what can I say!
We stayed at the Padma and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. After looking at the reviews for many months I was so hoping that the reviews were for real, and I must say they were!

I stayed at the Padma with my husband and 2 teenaged children 15 nd 17. We could not fault the Padma at all. The staff are just wonderful and whatever you requested nothing was to much trouble.
We stayed in 2 Garden club Chalet's that were interconnecting, which was fantastic, we had all the facilties of the free afternoon at the Garden Club Lounge, cocktails and free non alcholic drinks when ever we wanted. The breakfast's we had every morning were amazing all you could eat, and the Italian restaurant also Bella Rosa was great for breakfast too, as it was looking over the beach and was very relaxing.

They are doing major renovations on their new wing which will be completed in July 2010, you would not of even known that this was happening, no noise what so ever!
It will be amazing once this has been completed.

The kids met lots of new friends by the pool and the pool was so big and the swim up bar was great for those relaxing cocktails in the afternoon.

We would like to thank the staff at the Padma for looking after us for the 10 nights we stayed there. Also a big thank you to Yulie and Dana in Customer relations, they were very helpful on our arrival and also the whole of our enjoyable holiday.

We will be back in 2011 Bali Padma!!!! Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank sklogan
Write a ReviewReviews (6,087)

Reviewed 31 March 2010

Hadn't been to Bali for 14yrs or so. after researching on tripadvisor & reading the good reviews about the padma, my husband & i went ahead & booked for 18 nights. Were so glad that we choose this hotel. The staff were wonderful. Friendly, proffesional & with an amazing recall of guests names. I was a tad apprehensive before arriving, as i am gluten intolerant & wondered what options id have rearding food. The executive chef was wonderful, as were all the breakfast and restraunt staff. (even baking me gluten free bread). Eating here was no issue. The hotel itself is set in beautiful, well maintained gardens. Rooms were cleaned daily. We did upgrade to a suite which was lovely tho for the price i thought it was a tad tired looking. Bed lovely & comfy with sleep no problem. We also had upgraded to the garden club. I agreee with other reviews that it is well worth it. The staff in there were fantastic, cocktail hour the drinks & nibbles provided were fab and also a great place to meet other guests (met some lovely people).
Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Great position. Walking distance to shops, restraunts etc. Beach outfront a bit disappointing. Gets cleaned everyday but still a lot of rubbish around. Hotel pool madeup for it tho. Large, alway sparkling clean with good swimup poolbar. Found the hotel spa treatments expensive, tho there are plenty outside the hotel which are good and a lot cheaper. Will def return to the padma

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
PadmaResortLegian, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2010

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali at Legian!

Thank you for your trust in staying with Padma Resort for your 3-week holiday in Bali!

I’m happy that your holiday turned out to be a memorable experience for you and your husband. Your kind review has been shared to the staff here at Padma and to our Executive Chef for appreciation.

Once again thanking you for a good review of our Resort on TripAdvisor and hoping that Padma Resort will continue to be your accommodation of choice in Bali.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2010

My wife and I travel to Bali twice a year and we've been to Bali over 20 times and stayed in different locations. Our favourite area is Legian and our favourite Hotel is the Padma Resort. Why?

* Very friendly staff
* Beautiful gardens
* Renovated Club rooms and soon to be Superior rooms
* Fantastic pool with walk up Pool Bar
* Exceptional food great prices e.g. Bella Rosa and the Tenkai Japanese buffet is superb.
* Breakfast buffet is sensational.
* Very clean rooms with the best blockout blinds I've ever seen, day becomes night!
* Nice surf breaks out the front of the Hotel
* Restaurants and shopping very close by
* Garden Club rooms are excellent and the free drinks and snacks from 5pm to 7pm everyday in Club is exceptional value.

I highly recommend the Padma and I'll be staying there next time we visit Bali.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Bagus_Gus

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warm wishes from Padma Resort Bali!

Thank you once again for your recommendation and your loyal support in staying with Padma Resort.

I’m pleased that Padma Resort has become your favorite accommodation and that our resort facilities and services were impeccable to your standard.

Padma Resort hopes to continuously serve and accommodate you whenever your itinerary brings you back to Bali.

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2010

Recently travelled with a girlfriend who had never been to Bali before and we had the Garden Club Chalet experience, which I recommend to everyone. The 2 hour cocktails and drinks and great finger food (all free) for Garden Club members is well worth it (dont wear rubber thongs to the Garden club - not allowed). Rooms great, the grounds, gardens, sculptures, water features truly beautiful. We loved our gourmet cakes delivered to our room everyday (always different and delicious), very special. We dined at Bela Rosa every morning for breakfast, just fantastic, watching the waves roll in.
Could not fault one thing, and I have been to Bali 6 times now and will not hesitate for one moment to go to the Padma, but this time with hubby and kids.
Must admit though did have a hoot at the Paddys nightclub!!
Cheers Julie

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warm Greetings from Bali Island!

Thank you for posting us a kind review on TripAdvisor. It’s a pleasure to know that your first stay at Padma Resort has been an enjoyable and hopefully also a memorable experience.

Padma Resort awaits your return visit to Bali and I’m hoping that we can accommodate you once again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2010

I would stay at the Padma again. Room large with kingsize bed. Great pool with swim up bar. Breakfast great. Close to Legian Street shops and day spas.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

I’m happy that you were overall satisfied with the facilities and services provided by our Resort.

Please remember us when planning your next trip to the Island of the Gods!

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2010

I stayed at the Padma with two other ladies in a garden club chalet. We were there for 7 nts & received a great stay 7 pay 5 deal direct from the resort. We all shared the same room, I slept on the "day bed" which was comfortable enough. The other beds were king singles & were very comfy. We arrived around 10pm & I called housekeeping to send a doona to the room for me & it was happily delivered within minutes. You can not fault the service.

The food selection at breakfast was out of this world! I have traveled quite extensively & have never found anything like the buffet in the main dining area. We used the facilities in the garden club lounge often. Also having the choice of breakfast venues was nice, even though the selection in the main area was awsome, it was nice to sit at "Bela Rosa" and look at the beach too. Sunset cocktails in the Garden Club were fabulous. As was the service at the swim up bar in the pool. That was a great place to make new friends.

The grounds were immaculate! The staff friendly and helpful! The other guests a lot of fun! My only down side with the entire resort is the live music that is really really loud at midnight can be a little annoying. But if you have had a big day out you will fall asleep just fine... Only an hr before we were to leave the resort for the plane home to Brisbane, I had an allergic reaction to something & needed antihistamine fast! The staff at the desk waved their magic wands found me some, as the town was about to shut down for Nyepi day, All was good & I could go ahead with getting home safely.

For those that are worried about traveling to Bali for safety reasons, DON'T WORRY! I felt safe safe safe the entire 8 days we were there.

I came home to my husband and told him " I want to go back and take our 3 & 4 yrs children too!'

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank L0veT0Travel002

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warm Wishes from Padma Resort Bali at Legian!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Padma Resort for your recent holiday in Bali Island.
I’m happy that you have thoroughly enjoyed our facilities and services on your recent stay with us. I’m also glad to know that our breakfast buffet selections were to your satisfaction.

All of us at Padma Resort are looking forward to have you and your family back again with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2010

Just got back from an eight night stay at the Padma resort and unfortunately we had to come home.
Everything good that has been said a hundred times below is true but you have to experience it to believe it. From the moment we were picked up at the airport by the hotel till they returned us back we had an amazing time.

The size of the property is impressive with lots to discover. The staff are fantastic, looking after your every need without complaint and judging by the way some of the guests talk to them they are tested and pass with flying colors!! Good on them.

The pool is the best hotel pool I have ever been in and I never counted more than 20 guests in at any one time, obviously when the renovations are complete and in high season it will be busier but it can handle it with ease.

Our five year old daughter had a ball and was made a big fuss of and it is obviously a a focus of the hotel to have this as a policy.

The Japanese executive chef SHOICHI SHIRAIWA typified the way the staff look after the guests. Here is an executive chef supervising the amazing breakfast and when his job is done he comes round the tables to make sure everything is good. He was so amazingly approachable, funny and for me was an absolute credit to the Padma Resort.

My wife forgot her Thyroxin medication and a quick visit to the hotel clinic complete with doctor put me at ease and they phoned around the pharmacy"s to get her a new batch. My daughter had an ear infection just one day before we flew out and again the doctor came to the rescue.

They have a well equipped gym and a great steam room and sauna which i used daily ( I was on my own most of the time)

I have never stayed in the same place twice but we are already talking about a return visit. to the Padma Resort.

Andrew, Perth Australia

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank pominozPerth
PadmaResortLegian, General Manager at Padma Resort Legian, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2010

Dear our Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Padma Resort Bali!

I’m happy to know that you were well taken-care of during your recent stay here at the Padma Resort. Your special compliment to our Japanese Executive Chef has also been extended to him who will certainly be happy to see you again on your next stay with us.

We’re currently building a Lagoon, expecting completion by end of July 2010. I hope when you return, you’d be able to enjoy this new facility.

Thanks again for your kind review.

With kind regards,

T.Soerjanto

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#18 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Padma Resort Legian? Share your experiences!