“nice enough..”

Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Perth, Australia
“nice enough..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

stayed here for 3 nights with friends.. they were originally in seminyak and i was further closer to the hub of activity in kuta at Adhi Jaya.. for the price paid, there certainly are other options out there.. the breakfast was good enough.. the rooms were clean enough.. the pool area's were not as good as they could have been i thought, a tad run down.. the hotel was a very good walk to the hub of kuta..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

If you are travelling to Bali please consider the Alam Kul Kul in Legian ; this is a beautiful and stunning resort , opposite the beach and very handy to shops and restaurants in Melasti street ; Outdoor shower and bathroom facilities are awesome and very comfy bed ; the accommodation and staff are first class ; great for honeymooners or couples just wanting some luxury and time out ; would definitely recommend and stay here again :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Geoff2546
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

My friend and I stayed at Alum KulKul for three days and we have no complains. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. There was a bit of a hiccup during check in but the front office staff dealt it with extreme courtesy. Likewise during checkout.
Our spa experience was wonderful and we had two sessions during our three day stay.
Our room had a bit of a musty smell when we opened the door but it went off after a while. Rooms are clean and spacious and our two beds were comfortable.
This hotel is across the beach and there are many eateries around.
Our only feedback is to increase the array of food for breakfast and the entertainment at the bar. The one man show ended at 10pm and it would be nice if it had been longer. The two of us did not want to go out at night and were a bit at loose ends.
We enjoyed our stay and will definitely return here. It is great value for money and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

1 Thank shan101062
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This is my 2nd day at this hotel and so far my husband and I are enjoying the hotel. We like the proximity to this part of the beach as it is less crowded. However, if you wanna walk to the centre of Kuta i.e. to find other restaurants, it gets pretty hot in the afternoon. I suggest to just cab it because its quite a walk! 20mins I'd say in my pace. The beachwalk mall is pretty close though.

The hotel is not too far from the airport. Cost about 70k rupiah from the airport. From the hotel to anywhere around Kuta is pretty easy, getting a cab is too easy, just step out from the hotel. More over, the meter only starts at 6k rupiah.

The swimming pool is rather small but its quiet and surrounded by greenery which makes it a nice place to relax. The breakfast was ok, not too great but you have choices. There's eggs pancakes baked beans and the usual that one might need.

I must commend about the staff, really friendly people which is why I love coming back to Bali. I called to book a room an hour before my flight and the receptionist was wonderful enough to accept my booking via phone and got the room ready when I arrived. Cost us only 87usd per night and the room is surprisingly good with a comfortable bed.

The only downside is the mosquitos in the room but they provide you with enough mosquito repellant for it. Apart from that, the furniture looks a bit old but I assumed that's the Balinese touch with the wooden smell. Otherwise, the surroundings of the hotel is green and beautiful.

Would definitely come back and stay because I prefer this side of the beach. And maybe next time we will try stay in one d the villas instead. Haven't tried the spa though.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JaJa_LuRVeS
Feonie F, Corporate Marketing at Alam KulKul Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear JaJa_LuRVeS,

Greetings from Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort!

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel for the second time. It is a great pleasure to know you you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff friendliness could meet your expectation.

We are sorry for the mosquitoes issue and will try to minimize it as best as we could. We will be waiting for your next visit to Bali.

Once again, thank you for the comments on TripAdvisor. Hope to see you again at our hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Nice property, very green. We choose a quadruple room for 3 adults. The room had 4 single beds. Nice, spacious and clean room. The beach is walking distance from the hotel but is more of a surfer's beach than for regular swimming. The hotel has a spa but we did not have time to try. Two cute little swimming pools. They even sent a little cake to our room as it was my birthday :) Kuta market and legian road where all the bars and clubs are in close proximity by taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for metered taxi to take you places and bargain to less than half price at the markets..
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Feonie F, Corporate Marketing at Alam KulKul Boutique Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Shilpa R,

Greetings from Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort!

Hello, how are you? Thank you for staying at Alam Kulkul recently. We are happy to provide you with the quad room, so you guys would be able to stay in the same room. Hopefully next time you visit us again, you will have the chance to try our jamu Spa treatment.

Once again, thank you for the comments on TripAdvisor. Hope to see you again in Bali.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a calm and friendly traditional resort, right across the road from Kuta beach, and a short walk to the Beach Walk Shopping centre.
I visited with friends and arrived much earlier than the group. The front desk staff got my room ready hours before the set check-in time and made me comfortable by the pool while I waited.
The rooms and spacious and clean, with a relaxing balcony and a good wifi connection all over the resort. It was really nice to be able to come back to a more traditional, and much more chilled out, environment after the madness and intensity of Kuta.
The breakfast was lovely and the staff really attentive. I prefers the Indonesian restaurant to their beachside Italian one, but both were good. The welcome drink is a nice touch, too. Highly recommenced.

1 Thank Carol B
Dear Carol B,

Greetings from Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort!

Hello, how are you? Hope you are well and healthy there. Thank you very much for staying at our hotel recently and for taking us as a 'Calm oasis in the madness of Kuta'. We are pleased to know you have enjoyed the traditional Balinese concept we provided for our valued guest.

West Aust
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I had a lovely stay at Alam Kulkul. I booked a standard Alam room but we were fortunate to be upgraded to a Lanai room which was wonderful (room 3102). We were celebrating our anniversary and the hotel provided a fruit plate and a lovely flower decoration for the room; a lovely gesture we thought.

In a nutshell, the room was very good, it was clean, nice big bathroom, comfy bed and had fantastic air-conditioning.

Thankfully there was no awful sewerage smell that I had read about in previous reviews.

This hotel has beautiful gardens and is immaculate.

Yes, we saw some mozzies around but not in abundance but just like you would get anywhere else. They fog on a regular basis. Wear repellent and it won't be a problem.

We didn't include breakfast so can't comment on that. We ordered room service for early morning lattes and these were good. Also ordered a lunch and that was good too.

I would have to agree with previous reviewers about one of the pools (the bigger one). It definitely needs maintenance. For anyone out there that likes their pools in full sun, both pools are for most of the day and because of that they are very warm. Not to my liking but not much can be done about that as the weather was hot! hot! hot!

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

I was also impressed with communications prior to arriving at the hotel as I had emailed the hotel with a couple of concerns and each email was answered promptly.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again and would book a Lanai room.

Room Tip: Lanai rooms are great. Just a few steps from the second pool. Lovely spot to be.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jenwayh
Dear jenwayh,

Greetings from Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort!

We would like to thank you both for staying at our hotel on your anniversary. It is our pleasure to be able to give an enjoyable experience on your special day. Thank you for the compliments of our properties and glad to know that you enjoyed your lattes and lunch with us.

We are planning to rejuvenate the main pool very soon, to cater all the comments from our guest and to enhance the experience of our valued guests. Hopefully, by the time you visit us again, we'd be able to provide you with a better swimming pool

Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
#2 of 84 in Legian
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,346 reviews
Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa
The Bandha Hotel & Suites

Been to Alam KulKul Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!