1,073 results
All reviews java villa across the road jamu spa lanai room alum kulkul family room garden pool sunken bath kuta beach thatched roof smaller pool cooking class balinese style balinese feel outdoor bathroom melasti street main pool
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights at the Alam Kulkul to celebrate my 50th birthday. There were around 60 of us. We were drawn to the Alam Kulkul due to its Balinese feel, which is hard to get in Legian. We contacted Okky via email and she was amazing. Accommodating all our guest and, answering questions. Check in was exceptional as 25 of us arrived together, we recieved our arrival drinks as staff quickly catered to our needs, getting families to rooms very quickly. The gardens are beautiful, the pool area ( especially the back pool) lovely. We booked a villa by the back pool and it was great, spacey with outdoor bathroom. (114). Some of the older rooms very basic. Entertainment around the resort was fabulous, live music by the pool and happy hour. Staff organised a group dinner for us all, beautiful buffet and a local musician to sing (The crossing man). Was a top night. Buffet breakfast was really yummy and the fresh juice bar was an awesome treat. Staff friendly. Location perfect with beach over the road and Kuta a short walk away. Sheppys Bar around the corner, worth a visit. Only reason I didnt give it a 5 star was the rooms are a little dated.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon L
Jonat P, General Manager at Alam KulKul Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Sharon L

Warm greetings from Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us and sharing your experience.

Once again we really appreciate your group staying with us, it was a pleasure to host you and I am very pleased that you have such fond memories of your stay.

Please feel free to contact me when you wish to return it will be my pleasure to personally assist you with your reservation arrangements and welcome you back once more.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

This is a very nice hotel. It's a contemporary-styled hotel with Balinese accents throughout. The grounds, the lobby, the restaurant are all quite lovely. Tropical trees, beautiful frangipani blossoms and orchids abound. Legian Beach is quite literally across the street from the hotel entrance. It's centrally located. One can walk to shopping, to restaurants, to the beach, or down busy Jalan Pantai Kuta or Jalan Raya Legian. But best of all it's absolutely quiet, thanks, I think, to the large mature trees and many beautiful flowering bushes and shrubs on the well-manicured hotel grounds. My stay here was super-relaxing. It was just what I needed. The staff are wonderful, always courteous and smiling and helpful. They remembered my name and greeted me every morning by name. The breakfast was good with a little something for every taste - an egg station, cereals, breads and baked goods, a juice bar, fresh fruit and raw veggies, steam table items like curried rice and vegetables, fried noodles and veggies, baked beans, etc. I stayed two times initially for five nights, then I checked out and visited some other places around Bali and then I came back and stayed two more nights before going home. I liked Alam KulKul. I hope you will too.

Room Tip: Room 3210 smelled dank and and musty
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank John M

Dear John M,

Warm greetings from Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort...

Breakfast is certainly one of the highlights for our guests with a wide variety of Western and Asian dishes, there is something for everyone.

Our gardens have matured over time and with the tropical conditions there are always flowers blooming or fruit ready for picking.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Our room was beautiful and the staff were very nice and helpful ... breakfast was awesome and the position is also great ... close to the beach and shops but yet we felt like we were away from any hustle and bustle .... definitely would recommend this place and we Weill be staying here again

Stayed: February 2018
Jonat P, General Manager at Alam KulKul Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear LisaGerzina,

Warm greetings from Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort...

I am delighted that you have had such a memorable holiday.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We have just come back from Bali and our final 4 nights were at Alam Kulkul resort, it was great, very clean, beautiful rooms , the bathrooms were a real treat with outdoor shower and lovely toiletries. Breakfast was fabulous although the worst fresh juices we had in our whole holiday, they had a very impressive juice bar but the oddest mixes which didn’t work? Not the end of the world.
The restaurant our the front was fabulous, we ate here a lot, amazing tasty food.if you buy a package and get a free mini bar( one off) please be aware it is only until midnight on your first night but they don’t tell you this ? So either take it all out and use it through your stay or you will lose this opportunity the next day. They were accommodating in sorting this and we did recommend they make it clear for people.
Another amazing treat was the spa .... amazing the best I have ever had, I wish I had discovered it on day one not at te end of my stay. Professional, beautiful, and worth every cent.
On a downside although they do warn you they spray for mosquitoes every night at 5.30 and it is terrible, you can not escape it , it even came into our room through the thatched roof which was aweful, instant coughing . It can’t be good .
I would certainly stay again but try and time sunset visits to Beach at fumigation time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Jonat P, General Manager at Alam KulKul Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear snowboardchick,

Warm greetings from Alam Kulkul Boutique Resort...

The juice bar at breakfast does have some daily specials but by all means you are more than welcome to mix & match your own fruit flavours.

I apologise for the confusion over the minibar promotion, in fact there are a number of beverages and snacks available available upon check in, replenishment is then chargeable.

The mosquito fogging is essential and I would like to assure you that the products used are in compliance with WHO, though I appreciate it can still be quite uncomfortable.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We had a lovely four night stay at Alam KulKul last month and would highly recommend this hotel. Right from checkin everything was perfect. We booked a new Lanai room down the back of the property, on the ground floor just steps from the garden pool. Our room was very nice, bed comfortable and huge and the bathroom was very nice as well. We also had a lovely day bed on our terrace which we used often and when there were no free pool lounges. Buffet breakfast was lovely and we also went to the cocktail party and bbq night which was delicious. The Balinese dancing while we were at the bbq was also very good. The type of room we booked also allowed us lounge benefits with drinks and snacks which we also enjoyed. We loved our stay at AlamKulKul and would love to return when next in Bali.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple