“Clean but average hotel”

The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Perth, Australia
“Clean but average hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy. It is old - but clean, so if you're looking for a holiday in Bali where you don't want to pay too much for accommodation, this would be a good start.

The staff were friendly but not overly helpful. There is is no lift in the main part of the hotel, there is only a lift where the serviced appartments are. The restaurants are around the pool which adds a nice atmosphere. There is access to the beach and surrounded by great beachfront restaurants which is good.

If you want to spoil yourself or have a romantic holiday this is not the hotel for you. This is a good hotel for a 'no frills' holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank banany36

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We had two apartments here for the last weekend of June and did not realise they're run separately to the main hotel, even though advertised on Agoda and elsewhere as part of the same place. They are located at the front of the grounds, and you walk a good way through the main hotel reception to get to pools and restaurant. Our rooms were at the very front right on Jl Werkudaya. Any hotel room in Legian/Kuta on the street will have noise problems from the motorbikes, at least the air con was so loud its white noise drowned out the revving engines. The two apartments were to be together but we'd been placed on different floors. At least they then made teh second apartment directly below us accessible by the neighbouring service staircase when they saw our chidren were to be in that one.

The service ethic around the apartments is pretty poor. The car we booked for the airport with the receptionist was never recorded and the reception staff on duty knew nothing of it. Although in the Indonesian way we were told something was happening, there was no car still after 20 minutes and not wishing to miss our domestic flights we found a shopkeeper opposite able to organise a car for us in 5 minutes for 150,000 rupiah (hotel's charge of 250,000 includes extra payment to the gate security).

There are no safes in the rooms and security boxes are at the main hotel reception only. The pool attendants wouldn't allow us to use the pool towels, although we supposedly had full use of the hotel grounds, pools etc. It's all these kinds of things that left us with a poor experience of this hotel.

The hotel grounds are huge and pretty and the pools are big, and it is well positioned on the beach front as well as having all the shopping madness that is Legian these days right at the front gate. Probably the hotel itself is a much better place to stay, however with a family of five we needed the extra space of an extra room with three beds. The breakfast at the hotel was seriously crowded the weekend we were there and unable to cope with the influx from the school holidays, however this may have been a one off as they adjusted to the next fortnight's busyness.

In the apartments the third bed is the fold-down couch, and is not long enough to accommodate anyone over about 5'5" (around 167cm), our 15 yo and 13 yo teenagers hung over the edge of this bed, luckily the ten year old fitted.

There are many comments on TripAdvisor about dark and dankness. The apartments' first room where the couch is located, is a completley internal room with no windows and so is quite dark, the next room with the beds has the double doors. Because of this the apartments would not be great for hanging around in, but they are reasonable value for giving you a bit of space.

3 Thank SydneyFamily R
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My first visit to Bali I travelled with 3 other girlfriends and we stayed at the Jayakarta Resort.
I could not fault them! We had the most amazing stay, always felt safe, and very very comfortable! The pools are amazing, the restaurant was fantastic and the staff went out of their way to make us happy! What more can you ask for lol.
I liked that we stayed in Legian, as it is quieter than and not as crazy as Kuta, but still close enough to walk down the beach where it’s all happening!
I highly recommend staying here! Great for all sorts of holidays, couples, friends or family, they really cater for all :)

Room Tip: I always recommend up grading your room, I feel it realy makes a difference to your overal holiday e...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed for 10 nights just my 20yo daughter and myself felt 100% safe stayed in a standard room and yes just your basic room but found it to be very clean and beds were so comfortable, pools were great, so much shoppin, close to beach, the staff were so friendly and helpful, absolutely loved staying there and to be completely honest everytime I go back to Bali I will be staying at the jayakata every time, very very happy wish I was back there right now. Kellie :)

• Stayed April 2012
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Of the 9 hotels I've stayed at in Bali, this is the only one I wouldn't want to stay at again. Right from check in things were bad. We had booked and paid through hotel club.com and it took quite some time for them to actually stop insisting we pay them and to look into the matter. It makes me wonder if this is a con they try on many unsuspecting travellers? We were then given rooms right at the back of the hotel overlooking a bunch of air-conditioning units. The rooms were dark, smelled of mould and our room had a big puddle of water from the leaking fridge which my mum slipped in, damaging her back. We asked to be moved as we thought we had been given the wrong rooms (we booked deluxe and thought we must have been given standard as we couldn't imagine there being worse rooms than these) we were assured they were deluxe but were moved to some different rooms which were light, not smelly and with a more pleasant view over the garden. My parents inlaws room however did have a bad ant problem though. Over all, We found it to be crowded and over priced and a rat running through the dining room at breakfast time, one morning was a bit off putting! The poolside massage was good and the hair braiding was great and the ladies doing the braiding were lovely. Close to some good restaurants.

Room Tip: Block 3 was the best location. Block 4, ok. Avoid block 5.
2 Thank MeDarcie

Travellers are raving about these Legian hotels

Zaandam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 June 2012

A wonderful resort with great clean and spacious rooms and a great breakfast.
And it's located on/near the beach and own towelservice.
Prices of the menu are a bit high, can be rumorous during holiday seasson

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rien_-_Nancy
St Helens, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I did not stay here. My brother stayed here with his four kids whilst my family and I stayed at the Outrigger just up the road. We spent most of our time at the Jayakarta. It was very family friendly. My brother stayed in a privately owned unit on the premisies. My wife did checkout the rooms here for future reference. We would certainly stay there.
There were 3 pools available, restaurants etc. Right outside the gates you are in the shopping precinct of Legian, plenty of shopping and restaurants. Out the ocean side is the beach at your door step. Restaurants either side within a stones throw. Beers on the beach at sunset Fantastic !!

Whilst the outrigger id far more up market, modern and newer, I would have preferred to stay at the Jayakarta and certainly will if I return to Bali.

I highly recommend this resort. accomodation is up to you, resort rooms or 2-3 bedroom apartments privately owned but on the property.

Travelled in September 2011.

Room Tip: Some apartments are a little dated.
4 Thank Richo69