“All round excellent”

The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Couldn't be a better holiday awesome rooms and facilities the pool area is awesome don't listen the the neg comments it is great. Staff are friendly and food was awesome especially breakfast.. Everything about the rooms was great.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Btaylornz

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights when we first arrived to Bali and found it pretty central to everything we wanted to do, shopping, restaurants, beach just out the front. We had our breakfast included in the deal so every morning we would go to the restaurant which was overlooking the beautiful pool and have a delicious breakfast can personally recommend the omelette delicious. Room was average my husband and I laughed when we seen our bed it was 2 single beds joined together wasn't even made up as a double, had separate sheets etc. Was pretty good overall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kimbo2484
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Booked in to a family apartment with broken toilet and aircon after complaining got moved at 10 pm only to find toilet and aircon broken again, moved again at 2am to a bigger room to be asked to pay extra!! First 3 days of our holiday was spent moving rooms to top it off with all the moves make up and books got left in one of the rooms never to be seen again, rooms are old and run down linen and bedding stained, cleaning and restaurant staff are lovely grounds are beautiful but if they only put half the care into there rooms it would be a top place to stay, prices are way expensive they no how to charge, tried to charge me twice for laundry on check out even though I had receipts to prove I'd payed then made us carry our own suitcases to main lobby from the back of the resort and when I asked for help and a trolley was told to go, very disappointed with the way we were treated and while they did the right thing and moved us I feel it only right I expect working toilet and air con with the price we payed to stay there but feel they didn't care weather or not we enjoyed the stay after we refused to pay extra, this resort was recommended by our travel agent and I checked reviews before booking but since found out they have 2 owners jayakartabali and jayakartabali club, Bali club rooms are nicer so you think that's what your getting when you book . the rooms have old box TVs no safe and no hair dryer, very disappointed with this place

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kattaylor067
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We got a good deal on a one bedroom apartment in Club Bali. We were on the top floor of a 5 story building which wouldn't normally be a problem if the lift wasn't out every second hour. The room was a decent size with basic kitchen facilities. The water pressure in the shower wasn't very good and we had a little trouble flushing the toilet at times. Club Bali is located infront of the Jayakarta so it's quiet a walk to the pool area and beach. For the amount paid per night it was good value for money although I feel the rooms could have been cleaned /serviced a little better (but it's such a big hotel I suppose that's to be expected)

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank beyondblonde
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed at the Jayakarta twice now, the first with a group of friends so it makes it a lot easier when you have a lot of company to side track you and make you laugh about the imperfections of a hotel or resort.
So this year with my partner we decide to return to bali, Legian was only a pit stop to catch up with some local boys i have met over my years of returning to bali.
I was stunned at first by the price of the beers in the resort up nearly 50% from last year, at a cost of 58000 RP, thats nearly 3 times the price you pay from a beach bar, i nearly fell of my chair and a cocktail made with no name liquors costing 80 000, has had us leaving the resort anytime we wanted food or drink, the staff are nice here, and the grounds are well tended to, the pool is nice if you get down early enough to grab a chair, the trend of chair shotgun has become ridiculous over the last few years.
I enjoy the location of the Jayakarta as its central to seminyak and Legian, I don't bother with Kuta anymore, Personally can't stand it.
up keep on the rooms could do with some work but other than that we had a relaxing few days.
now off to Gili Trawangen and Lombok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jarodvl
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a short stay here on our first time in Bali. Location for the beach was good(although not a swimming beach, surfers would like it), and grounds lovely. The pools were nice and breakfast had a wide variety. Problem was the room. We had a deluxe room with a balcony and garden view. I requested a quiet room so they put us at the end, but we could hear every sound from the room next door. Luckily people were quiet from about 10p.m. The room was dark and the bathroom/toilet looked dirty, with dirty looking towels. For the price I would expect a better room, they really need to reform the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet K
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is large and very old and tired. The rooms were reasonably clean but beds were poor. Air-conditioning and WiFi both temperamental. Tried to discuss this at reception but just gave up in the end. Breakfast was average, very busy, often difficult to get a table, only 1 person at the egg station so there was always a queue. Little communication on amenities & activities. Staff were mostly pleasant & friendly, especially housekeeping and garden staff. Very busy hotel with lots of children and families which made the pool areas noisy and busy. Lots of signs around telling you how much you had to pay for everything and stating you couldn’t bring in food/drink from outside. Charged for ice to the room. Asked at reception if they could call our driver to take us to the airport and were told we would have to pay for the phone call. We have been to Bali many times but this is the first time we have stayed in the Kuta/Legian area and we won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
Hotel Kumala Pantai
#26 of 253 in Kuta
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
Melasti Legian Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!