“For backpackers and schoolies, NOT for guests wanting a good nights sleep”

The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #53 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Adelaide
“For backpackers and schoolies, NOT for guests wanting a good nights sleep”
Reviewed 6 December 2009

The staff were friendly and helpful BUT as we did not get the rooms we requested the first night was HORRENDOUS, with people running yelling and slamming doors all night. Not what we wanted or requested as honeymoon accommodation. I would not reccommend this hotel for a quiet place to stay, UNLESS you request the second floor villa unit by the pool. Staff changed our room for the remainder of our stay, but with single beds....oh well at least we got to sleep without being disturbed.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
New Zealand
Reviewed 3 December 2009

When we first arrived we had booked a one bedroom apartment, because our travel agent thought it might be a good idea because she had heard the rooms were a bit dingy and small. I cannot express how bad the room was we were first shown to, stained carpet, ugly 70's design curatins, a 0.5 sqm "balcony" that overlooked a side street/alley with cars and smelly scooters hooning down it. I should have taken photos, but i was so upset and sad about the state of the room that i didn't think to. Luckilly my partner was smart enough to say we weren't happy with the room and we were able to transfer to another room citing the desire to be closer to the pool for the reason to move, the pool/beach view room was smaller and the same price as the one bedroom apartment, and a bit loud being close to the pool and thoroughfare, but the one bedroom apartment, was the dingiest, broken down, dilapidated stained exscuse for a hotel room I have ever seen. Do. Not. Put. Up. With. That. if you are shown to a bad room, because there are certainly much nicer ones.
The hotel itself, was just too big...felt like you were eating in a mess hall at breakfast with just sooo many people everywhere...it seems to be the three star getaway for Australian families, not the relaxing vibe we were looking for. But i know it would be SUPER for a family, so if you have got wee kids or teenagers, they will LOVE it! Big pool, swim up bar, lots of teens and kids to play with, and right opposite the beach. Bit loud at night somenights thorugh with young adults drunken antics and parties. We had to tell them to turn off their party late one night, and we heard a lot of commotion by the pool in the wee small hours some ngihts, so perhaps don't get a pool view room if you want peace and quiet, but really if you want peace and quiet, this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Just got back from a 3 week trip to Bali and stayed at The Jayakarta for 5 nights for which we hadn't booked anything, and this hotel was recommended by another traveller we met. It was a great hotel if you're travelling with kids. We travelled with my 3 yr old, and a friend with her two children aged 4 & 6, and they majority of their time in the pool with other children mostly under about 13yrs. The Jayakarta is on a huge block right across the road from the beach. It has 3 big pools. One is more for families, the other with the pool bar more for party goers, and the other I'm not sure about as I never swam in there. It was near the Deluxe Suites, so maybe it's more of a couples area. The suites looked very nice inside, 4 poster beds, etc if you're happy to pay about AUS$200 a night. Anyway, we had a superior room which was fine, but a bit tired looking. It was quite small. We had a queen bed with myself, husband and toddler, and it was fine for us. We hardly spent any time in there anyway. We were asked if we wanted an upgrade to a deluxe room which we declined as they are further away from the pool area, and we liked being where we were as it was right opposite the playground, tennis court and bar. We could sit in the open air bar and have an afternoon/evening drink while the kids had a play. A great plus for families. The service around the pool area was pretty non-existant. You normally have to go to the restaurant and order and they'll bring it to you. The ladies by the pool do a great massage, albeit over priced but convenient. There's shopping right outside the door and an easy walk to Padma Street. Great location. I heard the apartments are very run down, and they are very far from the pool area too so would advise against booking these. I would stay here again. It was a good moderately priced hotel.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank MsFussPot13
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Right on the beach, beautiful gardens, security, room service and a good rate - what more can you ask for

Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank FeliciaE
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 November 2009

all the good restaurants and shops were a hike away. The highlight was the sunset. The place is packed with aussies. I was in a one bed room apartment. It was nice size for one person. I was stuck on the first floor by the street. Not sure if it was luck of the draw or discrimination against the booking agency agoda. I enjoyed the breakfast with the omelet bar. Stick to the cold items by the a/c units. The other ones get overtaken by ants.
The help is very friendly - like all of Bali. They were clueless. Multiple answers questions were always answered with yes. This hotel is far north of the action. Since the beach is basically free to everyone, it takes away the advantage of being at a beach front hotel. Especially when your view is of the street. I wish I could recommend a good restaurant by the hotel. Secruity is tight like all the hotels. Odd to sell an apartment and then post signs not to bring food or drink into the hotel. I thought I got a good value for a $100 a night, but I now know I would have done better.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2009

Good for relaxing, with a good pool area and near both Seminyak and Kuta beach.

Stayed March 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank jacobsterner
Perth.. W.A
Reviewed 20 November 2009

I stayed at the Jayakarta for 10 days with family and friends.. We had a great time.. A few hiccups with the rooms when we first arrived, we requested down stairs but were allocated upstairs but staff were very accomadating and friendly and gave us alternative rooms. The gardens were stunning and I thought the service was the best... If we had a problem we just picked up the phone and it was solved within minutes...
The breakfast was to die for.... Loved the fact that you could sit and watch the waves on the beach while eating... Never had a problem with seating, there were 2 restarunts to choose from...
TO ALL YOU WHINGERS.. You either love Bali or you hate it...
This is Bali not Australia.. The standard of living is not the same as here... Was not what I expected the first time I visited Bali.. But Hey... You get what you pay for.. 10 days for less that a $1000..
I agree that the rooms are a bit outdated. Could do with an upgrade but for the price what do you expect.... $50 ea a night including a buffet breakfast.. Cant get better than that...
If you had a problem you should have complained and it would have been fixed...
I say that... if you want what your used to then stay home OR go to the Gold Coast and pay $4000..

10 days of doing nothing and being waited on... Now thats what I call a holiday...

I would and have recommended the Jayakarta to my friends and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.... Already booked for 2010.... Great location.. Friendly staff

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank maxine1Perth_W_A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Legian Beach Hotel
#27 of 254 in Kuta
The Camakila Legian Bali
Sing Ken Ken Lifestyle Boutique Hotel
Melasti Legian Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!