All reviews beach front small hotel balinese hotel shower over bath great balcony bali style puri raja a bit tired staff were lovely gardens are beautiful bali trip dvd player fantastic location stayed here for nights proximity bintang seminyak
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is one time I should have listened to previous reviews! Booked 4 nights at $108 AUD per night as had extra bed, left after one night and returned to our beautiful and clean hotel back in Kuta at $45 USD per night. Absolutely disgusted at the state of the rooms - how can a hotel charge this price and give us a room that has not had any maintenance at all? Plus putting up with the hotel's cat that kept harassing us and biting our toes - had to keep door closed to keep cat out, oh and did I mention the mozzies in the room? Maybe they should change the name to Bate's Motel. One positive though - great location on the beach, but to have to return to the ruins of an old outdated room that nothing works and seems dirty, was quite depressing. Never again will I return. If anything, the hotel should refund my money.

Date of stay: July 2014
4  Thank GoodTimes2019
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed in February this year.... At 450,000Rp a night so overpriced.....booked for 2 weeks stayed 4 nights.....on arrival fridge filthy.....curtains covered in mildew, linen disgusting, towels old and thread bear, TV didn't work, no WiFi on room......food yuk......a shame.....great location....but needs some major work to be done.....

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank Lainie2909
NARTA_MADE, Manager at The Sari Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Mrs Lainie,

Good morning, wish to meet you alwasy very well.
We are very sorry if during your stay with us fill not so confortable.
Please apologiest.
Thank you and very apprciate to your comments.
Of course this is to improve the state of our Hotel
We strongly believe you are doing this because you love the Hotel

Made Narta

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The wife & I returned, yesterday, from spending seven nights at this hotel. It was our 14th holiday trip to Bali, so we are accustomed as to what to expect on the island.

We had booked & had confirmed by web page print out - plus an e-mail, a garden bungalow with a king size double bed. When we arrived we were given a room with two single beds & in a back area of the hotel. I complained & the desk attendant tried to say that my booking could not be guaranteed & all rooms were the same price. I said that I would be attending the reception area first thing in the morning & demanding to see the manager. I said I would demand my money back & go somewhere else.

To cut a long story short we were transferred to another bungalow that was in a good area of the hotel grounds with a small park area opposite. However the air conditioning didn't work & it took several visits & phone calls to reception before workmen came & fixed the problem.

We had no hot water in the bathroom & our requests met with no response. It rained a lot during our stay & as the skies were overcast for days at a time the water for showering was cold & uncomfortable. The TV reception was faulty & all channels dropped out for periods several times a day.

To obtain poolside drink/food one had to go to the swim up bar to place an order. No attendants
walked the pool taking orders as done in other hotels. Overall the service, by Bali standards, was very poor.

The hotel is located in a good position & on the beach. The restaurants provided very good food - especially the Indonesian cuisine.

I would not stay at this hotel again. Its location & food compares well with most other hotels on the island but the service falls well behind.

Room tip: Try to get a bungalow room close to the beach - otherwise location is too far away from pool & restaurants.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank gutsache
NARTA_MADE, Manager at The Sari Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear gutsache

Good Morning,
Hopefully you are in good health always.
Thank you and we greatly appreciate your comments.
Of course this is to improve the state of our Hotel
We strongly believe you are doing this because you love the Hotel
I hope you are not disappointed to come to Bali. we still hope you deign to come to Sari Beach

Made Narta

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have stayed here twice. Once with my hubby and once with the two kids. Both times we had issues with the bathrooms, lights from outside. ( curtains are sheer ), noise from staff who stay up to do nightshift....t.v on all night in lobby. then the airconditioner. We stayed with the kids in the villa ???? huh. There was no aircon downstairs, bedrooms upstairs had a/c but not for 4 of the 7 days we were there. They just wouldnt fix it. Plus the mozzies. There were no screens but breezeway bricks were the choice of building material. On the plus side the location is private, the pool is nice. the pool chairs are always taken by 6am, not that their that comfy. Please, whoever owns this hotel, close it, fix it and you will have the jewel in the crown.

Room tip: Room 100 or 200. upstairs and downstairs, overlooking the pool. best rooms there.
Date of stay: March 2013
7  Thank Al G
Reviewed 17 June 2013

If you're expecting the Hilton this place is not for you but if you want peace and beautiful low-rise surroundings right on the beach in the heart of Legian, this accommodation is of good value. We booked for just a few days then negotiated a better deal to stay a bit longer.
The fittings and fixtures are old and reminiscent of past times but it'll remind you of when Bali was less hectic. We stayed in the Garden Room Delux which is very private and close by the pool, I hope they upgrade a few facilities in the near future.

Room tip: If your facing the beach, all the rooms on the LHS are better.
Date of stay: April 2013
3  Thank Robert C

Dear Robert.
Good morning,, Long time not hear you,
wish to meet you healthy, Happy and alwasy very well.
Thank you and very appreciate to your comments.
Hope we can keep our relationship on future.
We wish to meet you next time.
Rgds
Management and Staff The Sari Beach .