“Good location, clean comfy rooms, very attentive staffs. But not the place for family with children.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Akmani Legian

The Akmani Legian
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I bought a deal from Groupon Indonesia and got the Classic Room in Akmani Legian with a good discount. I stayed there with my husband for 3 days to end our holiday break in Bali.

The hotel itself is quite easy to find even though it has a small entrance. At night, you can even see the big bright light of Akmani on the street.

While we're doing our check-in, apparently the staff saw from our belongings that we are a newlywed. We got our room upgraded to the Grand Deluxe room! Very attentive :) The room is big enough, clean and very comfortable, the bathroom is big. We got a little balcony overlooking the pool.

Upstairs, they got Vertical Point, a rooftop bar with a mini pool. I wonder why the place is so quiet while they actually got god lounge music, very cozy.

Since it's good lounge music, I don't really mind if I can hear the music throughout the night. But then again, I suppose travellers with children will find it annoying. Loud noises also came from young travellers searching for the nightlife in Kuta-Legian area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank valentinaws

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed at Akmani for one night on my way to Gili Air. While Legian was not high on my destination list, the hotel was nicely set back from the busy street, maintaining a quieter atmosphere. The hotel and room were clean and modern, with very friendly staff. I had a very comfortable stay, although the standard room opens to a concrete wall, so if I had planned to be there longer, I would have likely upgraded to a pool view room.

They have a gorgeous rooftop bar that was virtually empty, but should have been packed, in my opinion... with a beautiful pool, nice lighting and chill music.

I was picked up too early to try the included breakfast and I didn't use the pool there either, but it looked very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kennabrooke
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in Grand Deluxe Pool View room & 5 nights in Grand Deluxe Pool Access room. We loved the Pool Access room it was great just to walk out of our room & into the pool. The staff were lovely, very efficient service when requests were made and always happy to say hello & have a chat. As this is a new hotel the Day Spa is not yet open & there is still some finishing touches being done but all in all a very clean and well located hotel.The location is priceless, right near the corner of Benesari St 5 mins walk to Kuta beach, night clubs & shopping (Body & Soul right next door).
Main Pool is mostly in shade which was my only disappointment. I like to get a little sun lazing by the pool but had to go upstairs to the Roof Top pool which was only just above knee deep (this is part of the Roof Top Bar & Lounge). I did notice that the sun shone on the Pool side rooms and it will probably get more sun later in the year. A couple of days down the beach I was happy.
Will definately be back to stay. A very well priced hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Mixed feeling cos personally I'm very sensi to scent. The room has a funny smell which I am not sure if it's due to the ulin wood or humidity in the room. Other than that I must say the staffs r superb, hotel is at a strategic location and the hotel room is clean w nice deco.

• Stayed May 2013
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

i stayed here for 3 nights, a nice brand new hotel with modern architecture. not much of balinese ambience though the location is in the heart of legian. 5 minutes walk to kuta beach and it has parking space as well. very comfortable. maybe beacuse it is brand new. the welcome drink is wonderful. worth the price.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

I stay there for 2 nights in April , on arrival from the airport I was greeted with warm welcome n a cold towel n a cold fruit drink ( this was very refreshing as I was hot). I was also given a free upgrade to a delux room on 5th floor overlooking the pool. The room was quite large with very comfy king sized bed n big bathroom with separate bath n shower . Luv the see throu glass ( is ashamed that's no speaker inside coz you can enjoy watching tv in the bath tub .
The room very clean with electronic safety box with clear instruction .
I felt quite safe as the corridors well lit . The plus side is the dinning area is just around the corner .
The breakfast is quite nice just enough n does cater for both Asian n Western food . A special mention to the ladies that work there always smiling n ask me if I need anything else.
The vertical bar look nice once is fully completed . I would have luv to try the spa once it finish too.
On the day of checking in the bell boy help me to my room n suggest very good place to exchange money ( Bmc across the road n Western Union next door).
All the staff had make my stay a memorable one with their friendly smile n greetings n nothing is too much such as adaptor n ironing board .
One day I was trying to cross busy Legian road back to the hotel . The security guard come to my rescuer n stop the traffic for me to cross the road . Thank you so much for going out of your way.
On my last day I ask for a taxi to drive me to drive me to another place, the reception promptly call a taxi n it was there within 5 mins.
It is ashamed that I had to leave there .
I would definely recommend this to anyone .
Overall the location is very good close to Legian Beach n shops .as well as there's nice Spa in Bensari street call Inner Glow worth a visit too.

• Stayed April 2013
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed in this new hotel few weeks ago. Got the grand-deluxe room which was a true bliss, too bad I stayed only for one night.

Location, it is few hundred meters away from Ground Zero. It is a bit tricky, from distance you don't see any parking area, well in fact they have basement parking, but in front of the small lobby they have only a tiny bay, just enough for one car to drop off or pick up. Cute ha? :)

Beach is also walkable according to the front desk but I did not have a chance to do it as by the time I checked in it was already almost dusk. The staffs were helpful and kind.

I got a little disoriented at first :) could not find my way back to my room after I did a small hotel-tour. Don't get me wrong, this hotel is small

The room is fantastic, quite large and the set up is quaintly interesting. Usually bedroom is set at the side of the bed but here is different, the bathroom is at the back of the bed and separated by the see-through glass. They have separate shower and bath tube, the wooden base of the shower is another surprise, it gave me a sense of staying at the mountain or forest lodge. Cool design !

They use large quantity of wood decor, including the wooden panel to mount the flat-TV. I also ordered room-service, the service was good and the price was just correct, not too expensive though.

The breakfast is nothing spectacular, just decent and enough portion to choose from.

Looking at the concept, location and the facilities, I heartily recommend this hotel for solo traveler, young couple and also a group of friends.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo