“Pretty nice place to stay for 1st time to Bali”
Review of The Akmani Legian

The Akmani Legian
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Singapore
“Pretty nice place to stay for 1st time to Bali”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Pros:
- The pool access room was fantastic, just that not much sunshine during this season
- The breakfast food was quite good
- The reception staff are very friendly and polite
- The bed was comfortable with 4 pillows provided
- Easy access to the main street

Cons:
- Towels, curtains and bedsheets look old and stained
- Mosquitoes bites
- Ants crawling everywhere in the room
- Certain breakfast servers appear to be only keen in serving the whites and can't really be bothered with asian like me
- Whenever someone walk along the corridor or chat along the corridor or let their children run along the corridor, it breaks the peacefulness of the environment

Overall: Average hotel to stay if your expectations are not too high.

Room Tip: pool access room seems like the best place to be
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Akmani-Legian, Management at The Akmani Legian, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Akika_tan,

Thank you for staying with us and we are truly glad to read that you enjoyed the Pool access room with its features and amenities with 4 pillows and comfortable bed.

Your highlight toward to our breakfast and reception’s staff is highly appreciated. In addition, we have taken note of your feedback regarding your breakfast experienced which we have already addressed this with our Food & Beverage team. The towel, bed sheets and the stein curtain has become our high concerns which Management team has agreed to renew it all.

The quite ZONE signage has been placed on each corridor.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to enriching you stay experiences with an excellent service.

Regards,
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

that was the best night ever, ive been there for 4 nights. i love the swimming pool, love the lobby but my friend was stuck for a half hours at the lift lol
i like the lobby and great staff.
best place to chill was at the rooftop

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear 965deee,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to write how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

I was very pleased to hear your positive comments with regards to our Roof top Pool, the Lobby and particular the services from our staff. We do apologize for the incident in lift.
We all look forward to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Akmani Legian.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We went to Bali for 6 night to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary! We had researched for a month before deciding to stay at the Akmani. It was also recommended by a friend and turned out to be a good decision! It was great value for money and we had such a lovely time. We booked the poolside room and were upgraded half way through our stay to a pool access room after some maintenance was required.

All the staff at the Akmani are very friendly and polite. They will do anything for you and the rooms are very clean. We would like to say a special thanks to Eva, Arix, Sri and Anys for making our stay so wonderful. Arix made animal towels for us which was very special, and the girls in the restaurant were pleased to see us and could not do enough for us.

We dined at the restaurant for breakfast everyday, and had a few lunch's and dinner's. We found the food to be delicious, the Fillet Steak was tender, however at times a tad fatty. The Lava Chocolate dessert is the best!!

The hotel does tend to be a bit noisy at night with music, fireworks and party people coming and going. We found the pool side rooms on the left side looking in were the quietest.

If you are looking to be in the heart of Legian then this is the perfect place to stay.

Thanks for everything Akmani, we will be back!!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are great, and the ones on the left looking in are the best because you don't hea...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear kimbo1068,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for spending your 25th wedding anniversary at The Akmani Legian, Bali and sharing your experience with others in your review. It is with pleasure to hear that we left you with a feeling of being very special from the moment you arrived all the way through till your departure. I am also happy to learn that you both were able to unwind and have a wonderful time whilst staying with us and sincerely appreciate you recommending us to others.

We have noted your compliments to the staff, in particular Eka, Sri, Arix and Anys to whom we will pass on your compliments and your highlights on restaurant’s meal is greatly appreciated .Thank you once again for your review, guest feedback is our greatest source of learning and is invaluable in our efforts to constantly improve our service and facilities to ensure a memorable holiday for all guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Akmani Legian in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Was very hesitate on the listed of hotels that we shortlisted. Nevertheless we chose "The Akmani Legian".

We requested for pick up at the airport, the hotel driver was very polite and friendly. Assisted us with our luggage and open the car door for us. Good job!

On arrival, the staffs were very helpful once again, getting our bags out of the car and to reception and then check in. We were escorted to our poolside room, the pool view was great and the staff even brief us on how to operate the safe, check mini bar, show us the bathroom. The bathroom was big with plenty of space, and lovely wooden featured shower. The wifi was very fast. Addition points. Awesome!

The staffs never failed to greet us with a smile on their face. I will defiantly be returning again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool is very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JasonLee260113
Akmani-Legian, Management at The Akmani Legian, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear JasonLee260113,

Thank you for the valuable comments and for your precious time to share it on TripAdvisor.
We were pleased to learn that you had a wonderful experience at the resort also a big thank you and appreciation of your compliments on our product, services as well as the facilities of the resort.

We have always been committed to continuously give our guest a memorable experience with indigenous hospitality.

On behalf of the entire team, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us in near future.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I had a reasonable stay at this hotel. As stated in other reviews, the noise from the rooftop bar is disruptive, the breakfast is average at best and it is impossible to get a towel for the pool.

I paid extra for a Grand Deluxe Room and while the bed was very comfortable, there are many more hotels in Bali that offer similar rooms at cheaper prices. The location is right in the middle of Legian - expect to be offered transport, hair-braiding and massages ever few metres if you try to walk anywhere.

I accidentally left a swimsuit drying in my bathroom, and despite waiting ten minutes to check-out because someone was allegedly checking my room, it was not returned to me. I phoned the hotel immediately after I realised, and I was transferred, placed on hold and hung up on more than five times. I eventually emailed the manager, however my swimsuit had apparently vanished. Instead of being sympathetic to a paying guest, the manager informed me that nothing was left behind.

I visit Bali fairly regularly, and dropped in recently to see if it had been found. Again, the manager was adamant that nothing was left in the room, and stated as "there was no record of it" he didn't believe me. I would love if someone could please enlighten me as to why I would invent a story about a lost swimsuit. I felt as though I was being treated like a criminal for trying to recover my lost property. Appalling customer service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Annelies A
Akmani-Legian, Management at The Akmani Legian, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Annelis A,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.We regret to hear that your stay did not meet your expectation.

Please be informed that the issue with music from our Rooftop Bar is no longer a loud music as we totally changed the concept since January. With Towel issues, it was only happened during the peak season as we having had delayed in receiving the delivery from Laundry company however, most of our guest were able to get the towels. Your constructive feedback on our breakfast is highly appreciated.

In regards with your claimed left behind in our premises, we have done our best to searched your left bikini however, our staff found nothing after you left the room. When you rang the hotel, our staff has also informed you that there is no bikini found in the room and then followed by your email to seek the clarifications which one of our Manager had provided you a response and regrettably informed you that we didn't found anything left in the room.

I fully understand if you had a sentimental memory with your lost bikini as you even made an effort to dropped in to see if it has been found. I personally greeted you and introduced myself. I have informed you that we did not find anything in the room after you checked out. After I passed this information, you were keeping insisted and saying that we kept it. All visitors to our hotel are also our value customers which treated equally with fully of respect and manner.

Please be rest assured that the bikini is not in possession of our staff since Our Security Team took apart by doing body check to each employee and checking each bags of employee when completing their work.

Thank you for being our value guest at The Akmani Legian, shall your travel plan bring you back to Bali we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back and enriching your experiences with better service

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights a week ago and was blown away by everything the Akmani had to offer. I simply loved everything - the simple eco-friendly interior, the central location facing the busy street of Legian (not to worry though, once you step in the hotel it's a completely different experience) the rooftop pool but what really sets the Akmani apart from other lovely Bali hotels was the impeccable service. Dena from housekeeping is especially sweet, leaving personalised messages and towel sculptures on our bed - a little puppy one day and a little monkey wearing the traditional Balinese costume the next day! Also not to forget, when I cut my finger on the pool tile at the rooftop pool/bar and asked the gentleman working at the bar for a bandaid, he carefully nursed the cut with some antiseptic before wrapping it with a bandaid. Apparently the word spread and upon check-out, the manager approached me asking if my finger was alright and if there was anything sharp in the pool. (I reassured him that it was probably my being clumsy) Honestly, where else can you get such honest-to-goodness staff? I would definitely recommend anyone looking to stay in Legian to consider the Akmani. Great location, beautiful hotel, amazing service - what more can you ask for?

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank PebblesWawa
Akmani-Legian, Management at The Akmani Legian, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear PebblesWawa,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.It is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you was truly impressed with the resort’s ground and the service.

Your highlight regarding our staff is highly appreciated and we have extended with the whole team for their motivation. Your compliments to Dena will definitely be passed on and we will encourage him to maintain his performance to influences other staff.

On behalf on the entire team, thank you for being our value guest and staying at The Akmani Legian and we look forward to welcoming you back in not to distance future

Kind Regard

Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Being our first trip to Bali, we wanted to be fairly central to everything so the Akmani looked like a good choice and this was Definitely the case. We could easily walk to most places weather it be for shopping or the beach to restaurants. The hotel is well equipped and and the facility's are clean and in good condition. Our room was clean and comfortable and was cleaned everyday by the boys that did a great job that we were there. The breakfast was good with a variety of different foods. I have to make special mention to the staff in the restaurant who were very professional and attentive and very friendly to us each morning. The only few small things that I could complain about was that in the deluxe rooms it was too bright first thing in the morning, even with all the blinds and curtains closed. Also very early in the morning on a few occasions you could hear people coming home from a big night out talking loud and slamming doors which was a bit annoying. But overall was very nice and would definitely stay here again on our next trip!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sleeper6
Akmani-Legian, Management at The Akmani Legian, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear sleeper6,

Thank you for spending your precious time to share your experience while staying with us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, in some ways, to making your experience at The AkmaniLegian a pleasant and memorable one.

We have noted your special comment about the blind curtain and also we have taken an action to put QUITE zone signage along our corridor.
Your highlight regarding our property, facilities, breakfast and staff is highly appreciated.Your recognition on our staff service has been extended with the whole team for their motivation to continue to provide the high level of service and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back to The AkmaniLegian in the near future.

Kind Regards,