“Okay for a stay”

Ranked #62 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Indonesia
“Okay for a stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

I thought it is on the legian street, but turned out that you have to walk through the aisle called Troppozone. But it's not that far so it's okay.
The room is clean unfortunately they dont allowed 3 ppl in one room, like some other hotels do. Hence, we have to pay for extra bed. They have wifi routers in each floor that makes the connection very fast, thus, you'll have something to do before you go to sleep.

Breakfast is delicious but they serve it from 8 to 10 so if you have to catch early flight, say goodbye to your meals.
Bathroom door was unable to be closed until my friend made some repairment.
Overall, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Anita_Ave
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Anita_Ave

We are sorry that perhaps the address mislead you, but we do that to make transportation easy. We are located 150 metres from Legian Street in an alley called Troppozone. I hope it was not a bad walk.

Our room is quite small and we want our guests to have enough space and comfort.

Our breakfast starts late at 8 (other hotels' breakfast start at 7 but since Legian residents seem to be a little laidback after the mid night partying, people often come later than 8). However, if you have an early breakfast we do provide or pack your breakfast earlier. Please let us know in the future if you need your breakfast early for early morning check out.

Thank you for pointing out about the door. In the event of faulty items, please let the staff know so we can repair or change the room for you.

Thank you for staying with us , I hope you had a very good time in Bali.

on behalf of The Spot Legian team

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Great value for money. Located 100 metres from the clubs and bars. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Beautiful roof top pool. Only thing missing is that the rooms do not have a fridge. I would definatley return to this hotel. However can get a little noisy at night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ScubaT

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review. We are proud that we are a hotel that provide you a value of your time and money.

Regarding your comment on the fridge, we have limited fridge, please let us know if you need one so we can arrange one in your room. And also let us know that you prefer a quieter room, so we will prepare an ear plug and a room with the minimum noise as little as possible.

I hope you will return to stay with us again in the future. It was a pleasure having you.

from The Spot Legian team
Hong Kong
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed at the Spot Legian with my boyfriend for nearly 13? 14? days less than a year ago. Was first at the Mona Lisa room then changed to the Garfield room after a few days. I love it. I love how there's a different theme for every room, i love how "homey" it feels like when im there. Im quite a picky person when it comes to cleanliness of where i sleep, the sheets, towels, everything i check before i touch it. And i must say this place was up to my standard for it. Slept like a baby.

From the second their car picked us up to the second we left, staff were amazingly nice and very helpful. It really felt like home for us.

Location, location, location. Can't complain at all. Its right in the middle of all the clubs and bars yet you cant hear any of the music at night. Literally 3 mins walk from the closes club, 1 if u walk crazily fast. A lot of shops and restaurants around there. 15 mins walk to Kuta beach. it was the perfect place to stay.

Thank you The Spot Legian for your awesome hospitality. We will be back to Bali and we won't be staying anywhere else but here.

Natalie & Mike

Room Tip: Garfield room is bigger than Mona Lisa
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Natalie O,

Thank you very much for staying with us, especially for almost two weeks. I love your comment on how homey our rooms are, and I am glad to find that you had a very good sleep.

I hope you will visit Bali again in the future , and of course the best compliment is to let your friends know about your experience staying with us.

From the moment you checked in, until now, there has been quite recent changes. We added the Dark Room, which is a private screening room for movies, it is growing popular especially in the rainy season when there's not much to do in Legian when it's downpour heavy rain.

I sincerely hope you will come back again and choose to stay with us.

On behalf of all The Spot Legian team, thank you very much for the opportunity to hosting you.
Singapore
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Me and my friend stayed over the vesak day weekend. We arranged for pick up at the airport at 100000 baht per trip. The car can sit up to 3 pax. The driver was there when we arrived holding up a signboard with the hotel logo and our names. He was nice and friendly and waited for us to finish using the toilet before proceeding to the car. He helped us with our bags all the way too. It is quite jammed up at the airport pickup point, so my suggestion is that you follow your driver to his car straight away so that he will not have to make an extra loop to the congested area.

The journey took about 45 mins, with massive jams. But this is expected of nearly ALL roads in Bali. The location of this hotel is very good, especially if you enjoy the night life. Or not, it is still near the beach, many convenience stores that are opened 24 hours and massage stores.

Upon reaching the hotel, the staff were really nice and friendly. We made payment for our pickup and also payment for transport back to the airport when we are leaving. The staff at the hotel were nice and very friendly, always smiling. Some of them speak simple english, while some others speak english fluently. No issues communicating. We arrived at 3, so the rooms were all ready for us to check in, and we were given the James Bond room. The room was decorated with james bond posters around, simple in layout, but definitely good enough for a weekend trip. I do have a suggestion though, for there to be a full length mirror in the room apart from the mirror in the toilet :) Please do note that they do not provide toiletries such as toothbrush/paste, so do bring your own. They have shampoo and soap, which I did not use ( Because i bring my own shampoo and soap due to sensitive scalp and skin). Toilet heater is very efficient, always get to have my warm shower at the end of the day.

Do note that they use a 2 pin plug there, but they have an adaptor that you can request for free of charge if you need it. Just call the reception and they will send someone up within 5 mins. They also have room service up to 1030pm, and on their menu are 4 simple choices such as the club sandwich, mee goreng, pisang goreng, and nasi goreng, all for about 6-7SGD.

They do not have an electric kettle in the room, but they have a water dispenser at every level, that dispenses cold and hot water, and you also can set the water to boil if you need to make cup noodles.

Breakfast was by the small infinity pool they have at the roof of the hotel. It isn't really a pool for swimming, but more for you to soak in and enjoy the view at the roof. Breakfast is served from 7-11am daily. They have a decent spread of 4 different set choices for breakfast, each with juices and hot tea/coffee/milo, depending on your preference. I had the american breakfast on the first day which consist of cornflakes, your choice of eggs, hotdogs, cut fruits, orange juice, milo. On day 2, I tried their fried noodles/mee goreng, with a sunny side up, cut fruits, orange juice and milo. Both were nice and yummy :)

Because the hotel is located along a small road, the hotel staff were nice enough to 'escort' me and my friend out at night when we were going out for our massage, and passed us the number to call if we needed them to wait by the main road after we finished.

Our pickup back to the hotel was prompt and friendly too.

All in all, a very good experience there. If you're not the type that goes for a lavish hotel, this hotel is definitely very satisfactory.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Ms. Alycia T.

We would like to thank you so much for writing in such details about your experience at The Spot Legian. I assume it is very time taking to comment us on such a lengthy detail but we do really appreciate it.

I have passed the comments to all the staff here to celebrate. We definitely are very happy when guests like you feel taken care of.

I hope you would choose to stay with us again when you visit Bali in the future and of course the best compliment is to introduce us to your friends and families. We hope to see you at another time.

The Spot Legian team
Mojokerto, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This hotel offer a unique concept of decoration. I stayed at "friends" room and found that the room is larger than what I thought a budget hotel would like. I found that they offered a very competitive price without eliminating cute decorations. Rooms and bathroom are clean, and location is very close to ground zero. Very easy to find and you can rent motorcycle or car nearby. Breakfast were tasty and welcome drink were also appreciated :) nice..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear Ms. MeitaMeita

Thank you very much for taking time and reviewing our property and we are glad that you had a good experience in Bali and staying with us. As you now we have a lot of themed rooms, please ask for another theme to experience different color mood that could enhance your holiday.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again in your next future trip to Bali and explore a lot more Bali's beautiful sites.

Fro everybody at The Spot Legian
Reviewed 14 May 2013

actually my husband and i feel very comfortable with this hotel..the room is clean n simple..near to the crowd.but seems like the employee need some training of cust excellences service
breakfast is not bad....and everything seems okay

• Stayed May 2013
nregina, General Manager at The Spot Legian, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Mrs. Mherdiska

Thank you very much for taking time to review us. We are glad that you enjoy the comfort of our room. We do a lot of things to make sure guests feel comfortable and have a good sleep.

We are sorry to learn about the excellence of our employee. If you do not mind, we need to know more for further quality training purposes, please write us to thespot@tpmhospitality.com , we really appreciate it. I hope the discomfort you found with our employees do not create a big damage to your holiday and you still managed to have a memorable one.

We sincerely hope you would come back here again for future stay.

On behalf of everyone at The Spot Legian
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The Spot is a beautiful 21 room hotel, all the rooms are decorated with different, original themes and personalized names. I stayed here for 3 nights and it just was wonderful, the rooms are great in size, very clean, extremely eco friendly property (which I was looking for), beautifully decorated bathrooms, cute little "walking pool" on the roof top (great idea), they even have a theater room with comfy pillows and great sound system for the rainy afternoons, but above all the staff and the owner, Thania were amazing, extremely friendly and helpful always making sure that I was happy with my stay there, they helped me organized all my excursions and gave me the best tips! it is nice for a change to go to a hotel that makes you feel that you are home with family. You can walk everywhere from the Spot, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. I normaly don't return to hotels but I will be definetely going back to The SPOT.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Ms.JessicaRey1984

Thank you very much for taking time to review us. We definitely appreciate the time you made.
I definitely remember our nice little conversation at the Rooftop Pool and thank you so much for sharing your ideas and views. We are very happy that you had a good time in Bali and in The Spot Legian. And we wish that you will tell about your experience to your friends and family.

From everyone at The Spot