“Good”

PIPS - Pampurring in Paradise
Ranked #5 of 32 Spas & Wellness in Legian
More attraction details
Owner description: PIPS is quality treatments in a very clean environment at realistic prices.
Sunshine Coast, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I went to PIPs for a few services, which I was very happy about, though I have to complain that my manicure nail polish started to chip off after a few hours. I had also paid extra for OPI nail polish, supposedly better quality than the normal polishes. Massage, facial, pedicure and manicure were good but let down with the poor quality nail polish. The premises are large, aircon and have great staff.

Adelaide
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Staff with great attitude but lack experience in massage”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We tried Pips twice this October, 2013 first for leg & foot massage, and second for a full body massage and scrub. The salon is clean with good airconditioning and facilities.

The foot & leg massage were at the end of a day and the massage was very average - more a rubbing up and down of the legs than a massage. There was no kneading or deep massage but we thought 'it's the end of the day so the girls are probably tired'. The full body massage and body scrub were an experience to say the least.. The massage was weak and phaffy and the massage moves were similar to the leg massage - mainly rubbing up and down - no kneading or deeper massage, and the girls have not been taught how to respect the customer's need to be draped appropriately. I was sitting up without a drape, naked and feeling very exposed while she massaged my shoulders. This made me feel vulnerable and exposed and certainly not relaxed.

The body scrub was an experience! It was applied and it was in my undies and all over the massage bed. Instead of rinsing it off and keeping the bedding clean, I was lying in all this grit and crumbs of the scrub. She then left it dry instead of rinsing it and proceeded to scrub it off my body after it had dried and hardened with massage moves. It was quite painful and certainly not 'blissful'.

The girls were delightful and pleasant, but just have not been instructed in the basics of good massage and how to use a body scrub appropriately. They also have not been instructed in how to respect a person's vulnerability while naked and ensure that draping and changing linen etc should feel seamless and stress free. With some good regular training this salon would be excellent. However, that certainly was not the case with this visit.

However, our skin did feel pretty amazingly smooth after the controversial scrub. A lot of potential here, but a lot of training required.

1 Thank savvytraveller16
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not as good as last year”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I still love pips knowing they look after there staff and the girls are happy, but in saying that being here 3 years in a row the service has gone down slightly. I still do love it and will return as it is clean and isn't dindgy.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

After our first visit to a massage provider in Bali. PIPS was perfect. Highly recommended by another business and was clean professional and exactly what was described. Highly recommend and would go back back next time in legian

Hong Kong, China
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Massage was so so. Services is very poor”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I wonder if all these review are genuine..we just visited this massage place - would say that the place is clean but the services is extremely bad. None of the staff would smile to you and they seem not very interested to do your business - I guess due to the good review here, they have too many tourists visiting?

Massage is alright - we both felt the massagers doesn't give a lot of effort to do the massage for you. Price is fair - 85 for pedicure and 80 for one hour massage