“Absolutely fantastic stay”

The Magani Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Magani form the 8th to the 11th Dec & being a new Hotel & Spa Accomadation it was fantastic I had a pvte pool in my room & they were really clean the staff were incredible & friendly nothing was too much for them to make you happy & relaxed I would truely recommend anyone to stay there it wouldn't surprise me if the Magani becomes No1 in places to stay
A awesome time had by me their

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank 1PK1
There are newer reviews for The Magani Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We spent two nights at the Magani and could easily have stayed longer. We used the spa, swim up bar, pool, restaurant and room service and found all of it to be at a very high standard! The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and everything is great value. We loved every second of our time there and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jo F
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed at the newly opened Magani Hotel in Melasti St in Legian Bali in September 2012. I have previously stayed at the sister hotel The Niksoma, which is magnificent. The Magani is beautifully desiged and makes the most of the area available. The staff are so welcoming as one enters the hotel. Nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are very clean and extremely well designed. We had dinner at the restaurant and just loved the food. The breakfasts were buffet, with plenty of variety and the staff were just so very friendly. We walked to the beach every morning which was very close. It was a fantastic location near the local markets and close to the local spa's. We tried the spa at the resort and the prices were very competitive and the massages were excellent. Being a new hotel everything is very clean and the reception area is decorated in local pieces which gives the space a very relaxed feel. The reception is very open and while most hotels offer a welcome drink, this property offers a welcome on arrival drink and also a departure drink. Just a small but very nice touch.I would definately stay at the Magani when I return to Bali early in the new year.

Kathy from Adelaide

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 486kathyo
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at the beautiful Magani Hotel.
We stayed in the Deluxe room on the second floor, no view but that didn’t matter, it was nice and quiet even with the balcony door open.
The large room had everything we could have wanted, clean, well appointed, huge comfortable bed, good shower/bathroom, free wifi with good signal and very attentive, happy, helpful staff.

Room service from the Mozzarella restaurant arrived fast and was delicious. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very good and again, staff very attentive and smiling.

I had the opportunity to visit the spa and enjoyed some wonderful pampering, well recommended.

We requested a late check-out due to a late outbound flight and were offered a 2pm check-out, (normally 12pm).

We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PiaJessen
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We just checked out of The Magani and I am so impressed with the staff and service in the hotel. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. Simple check in and out. We had a deluxe room on the second floor. View was the back side of another building but it was quiet and nice and light. Good size room, big, comfy bed, 4 pillows, marble floors, big tile shower, toilet separate from the vanity. Room and hotel is very clean but apparently not great quality control when they built it. Our room was missing some baseboard. When my husband used the toilet near the restaurant the flushing mechanism came out and the handle on the sink came off. Buffet breakfast was included with our room. Restaurant is on the second floor with tables inside and also outside overlooking the street. Buffet has a good selection of standard breakfast and international foods. Staff was very attentive. Great location on the edge of Legian and Kuta 3 blocks from the beach. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SandpiperNH
Reviewed 22 December 2012

my boyfriend and I recently stayed here and were delighted with our stay from start to finish.
the staff are beautiful, friendly people who do nothing but make you feel completely welcome.
the breakfast buffet each morning was great... lots to chose from and always fresh and hot.
magani's location was also great for us... a short walk from anything we required while on our relaxing holiday.
One note I'd like to make is that on one of the evenings my partner went out for drinks at a bar a few minute walk away from the hotel. I was expecting him home around 11, so when I woke up at 1am and he still wasn't there, natural I panicked. I started off my walk to the bar but was worried to be walking alone at that time. at the hotel entrance i was greeted by a security guard who I told where I was going. he insisted on walking down with me to the bar which at that time of night in a foreign land was more than appreciated. I can not thank him enough. that's the kind of thing u can expect from magani. wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank moodypossum
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I have been watching this hotel grow to completion and had all my Bali pals tell me when it was completed. We are avid Bali travellers, always trying new digs, but this is out of all I have stayed going to remain my one stop Bali hotel.
It was definitely worth the wait!!
The hotel overall is just beautiful, fresh, modern with all the creature comforts you need for your stay in Bali.

Everyone one of the staff were so friendly, helpful and nothing at all was to much trouble.
Breakfast, was fab, everything you need to start your day and is located at the famous Mozzarella Restaurant.

Mozzarella Restaurant: We had a a birthday get together for my BFF on the night we arrived (which they booked for me after I had booked the hotel a few months prior) and they even surprised her with a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to her. Just all part of the fantastic service. Dinner was so nice and just sitting on the balcony sipping on the famous 2 for 1 cocktails was great. Very reasonably priced food too. We all had something different and not one complaint in the house, food was awesome.

The room, is lovely, we overlooked the pool which has a day bed on there, as we shared a twin there was plenty of space, and another sitting bed in the room. Rooms have adjoining doors, so great for multiple travellers. The room is airconditioned, flat screen tv with a dvd player, bathroom is great (no stepping into a bath or curtains), glass doors, a nice big mirror in the vanity area, inroom safe with a cupboard to hang your clothes rather than live in a suitcase. Housekeeping was spot on, and we met a lovely fello by the name of Ade who was so nice. Beds are super comfortable, slept like a baby which is not normal for me, but wow, great.

Pool: Was fantastic too, there is a swim up pool bar (2 for 1 cocktails still follow through to here all the time no time limit). It is the perfect depth, even for a shorty like me and the temp was perfect. Always got a sun bed bed and straight away they are bringing your towels for you as soon as they saw you coming. Bar dudes were great, friendly an again nothing to much trouble.

Free wi-fi and complimentary use of 2 Apple Macs including a printer should you want to do your airline check in.

Location: There is a money changer as soon as you go left, in the shop, will take you less than 2 minutes.
Convenience stores right at your doorstep, one has the money changer and the other has 2 ATM's which I have used several times without any problems.
Across the road is the famous Legian Markets, shop till ya drop I say.
Up the road are many restaurants which is one of my haunts, Sheppy's, Uncle Norms, Billys..
You also have as the Aussies say it "Garlic Lane" less than 5 minutes walk.
Kuta Beach is literally 200 metres away, few minutes walk and your right there and if you decide to follow Kuta Beach road the new Beachwalk Shopping Complex is there.
For those nightclubbers, this is also great, will take you 15 minutes to walk or just jusmp in the cab to all the night spots.
This is where I hang out, out of all the places I have stayed, always end up catching cabs and hanging around here, great bargains, great food and great people.

The Spa, I didn't go into but looked amazing, the gym is huge and worth going to if you decide you need to excersize.

All in all, I am so glad I waited to come here, I will be back in April with my family, then my hubby will be there in May with his mate and back again in December... I have found my new home!

You won't be dissappointed at all.. Even if you are a first time traveller, this would be just perfect to start you enjoying what Bali has to offer.

Room Tip: All rooms were quiet, there are rooms that have there own pools, rooms that over look the pool..
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends