“One of the best places I've stayed!”

The Magani Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Melbourne, Australia
“One of the best places I've stayed!”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights based on the tripadvisor rating and they did not disappoint! We got there 1hr 30min before check in and they were still able to get us in the room early. We got a deluxe pool room 1022 which was at the rear behind the pool bar area. Very clean and classy room. Bed was very comfy and bathroom was fancy and the shower facilities were really good. The door from the shower leads straight into the outside area where our private pool was. Pool was one for relaxing and not swimming but still very good. Mozzarella restaurant is the room service which is the best value in bali!! They do 2 for 1 cocktails all day so works out to be $5 per large proper cocktail. The meals are very well priced only $10 for any meal rump steak with mash and veggies. They deliver to your room with no added charge so u could stay in bed watch dvds and keep the cheap cocktails coming! Breakfast buffet was amazing tasty food with plenty of choices plus egg station. Even after we left the hotel we stayed close by we kept going back to eat there!! The staff are brilliant! Whether it be reception or pool bar or security out front or mozzarella restaurant they all greet you and are always smiling and polite and helpful with anything. We gota 1hr Bali massage here and it was the best of any massage we had in Bali. The only probablem is it's so good they're always booked out so u gotta book it really early like the day or 2 before but amazing experience u get welcome drink and juice after the massage. If I had more money I would stay longer but next time I'm gonna stay here for longer. Location is great next to markets and massage places and restaurants everywhere. Also the beach is a 5-10 min walk. Can't wait to get back to Magani!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Lance G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. All the staff treated me incredibly well, so well that I felt like home and honestly didnt want my holidays to be finished there. Since my arrival until my departure every single staff were really kind. I got the deluxe room and to my surprise it was really big size. It was so clean and so comfortable. There was cable tv and all the channels available, which usually is not what happens in most hotels. In one of the days of my stay, it was my birthday...and the hotel prepared a happy birthday cake to me, that is something you rarely experience in any hotel around the world, I havent at least. The swimming pool area was also so nice and relaxing and loved the bar in the pool, so handy and fancy at the same time. We also tried the gym, very well equiped for me, at least they have everything I usually use and it was brand new! The Spa, oh the spa, you must try it! I went 2x there and felt amazing, the facility is so nice, clean and relaxing! Loved it! The only down point was that internet wi fi didnt reach our room but honestly, when you are in Bali, you want to relax and forget about internet and social network...and it was all good overall, no doubts I would stay there again! A special thanks to Tri, the receptionist and also Annie who brought me my bday cake and was so caring, unfortunately I cant remember everybody's name, but 100% of staff just made my stay amazing!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Our family stayed here for 10 nights and I couldn't fault it. The hotel is only 11 months old which we loved as everything was new and modern. We had two adjoining rooms, one with a King size bed (massive) and the other with two king single beds. Each room had a long couch, TV unit, mini bar, bathroom with separate shower and large balcony with a sunbed overlooking the pool. The room was always spotlessly cleaned and staff would spray for mosquitos every night and turn down our beds which impressed me. Breakfast was fantastic and if there was something else my daughters wanted like pancakes, we could order that. Breakfast included an egg station and the usual bagels/breads/bacon but also some Indonesian cuisine. We often ordered food by the pool, and again we could order off the menu or adjusted to suit our taste. Drinks and food were extremely reasonable, if I remember rightly a small Bintang $2.70 and cocktails were always 2 for 1, so two cocktails for $10. The staff ensured we were always comfortable and happy and nothing was a problem for them. I cannot recommend the staff highly enough especially Heri and all the pool staff, Sari and Ani in the restaurant and all the front desk staff. The location is brilliant, only 5-7 minutes walk to the beach where you can watch the sunset while having a beer/drink and have a foot massage at the same time. Most of the restaurants near the hotel were great, especially Moo Moos and Ours in Garlic Lane (virtually opposite the hotel), both were cheap and had great food every time we went there. The small massage place around the corner from the hotel was great, cheap massages ($5) for an hour. If you want to buy Souvenirs don't bother battering, just go to Krisna where they are really cheap.

Can't speak highly enough of this hotel and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alexandra G
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Awesome small hotel with the focal point being on the pool! Welcome massage was the best I've ever had! Staff are soo lovely and the food delicious! Would highly recommend! Great location too!! They have really thought of everything at this hotel! We lived it!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Katherines10
Trangie NSW
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel in May and really enjoyed our stay.We stayed in a Premier Pool Room and it was gorgeous. We had friends staying at the same time and it was a warm and friendly hotel and a great pool area to meet and socialize. I cant praise the staff enough. They were so friendly, Kind and helpful. Heri and the other pool staff were delightful as were all on the front desk and at brekky and of course as everyone said we were help to cross the road many times. Thank you all. beds great and rooms perfect. We loved the location as it was close to all our usual haunts. We will definately be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan D
Sydney Austalia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Magani Hotel and I couldnt fault this place it really was amazing
The rooms are beautiful, very clean with lots of space and a comfortable bed too !
The bathroom has everything you could possibly want. The breakfast was great with good variety,
staff here are the best, very attentive, nothing was a problem and its in a good location with lots of local restaurants and only a 5 minute walk to the beach. I ordered room service and it was delicious ....true Mozzarella style ! I also had a massage in the spa it was fantastic !!
Only one small issue book a room away from the side street it can be a little noisy. I will be staying at Magani Hotel next visit again for sure.

Room Tip: Choose to stay away from the side street