“Very Nice Hotel and Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Magani Hotel and Spa

The Magani Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Central Coast NSW Australia
“Very Nice Hotel and Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We arrived in Bali and our flight was late and the customs/immigration system was hopeless, took nearly 1 hour to get through the customs and immigration system. Then we could go and pick up our bags and leave the airport.
We arrived at the hotel 2 hours after our expected arrival time which was not a problem and we were relived to get there after a few stressful hours previously.
On check in they provided us with wet towels and drink to welcome us which was very nice and very needed.They also performed the normal check in procedures and keep us waiting about 10 minutes while they checked the room. It was also my birthday that day and what we didn't know was they were preparing a surprise birthday cake in the room for when we got up to our room. very nice touch.
The breakfast changed every day and was nice for Bali. The restaurant was also nice for dinner.
The spa was fantastic with a 1 hour massage at 10,000 Rp which is less than $10 Aus so I went there 4 times in the 6 days we stayed. Some of the best massages i have every had.
The rooms all face onto the center pool which i thought was nice although we were on the 5th floor. No complaints about the room check in the spa or the food.
The staff were all fantastic from the front counter staff to the security staff out the front.
Extremely good location just opposite the legian markets and 10 - 15 mins walk to the main shops in Kata. We hope to come back here again soon...Loved it

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Timark69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Magani Hotel is located on a busy street with plenty of shops, restaurants and bars, but yet a short walk to the beach. The hotel staff are always smiling and helpful and no request was too much for them to handle, including security stopping traffic to be able to get across the street. Great location as could retreat to the hotel after a few hours going around the busy streets and many good eating and drinking spots a short distance away.

The hotel room on a high floor was very comfortable and practical with the balcony an added benefit but overlooking a small street and not very nice view. Nice large cable TV and good wifi. Room cleaning service was timely and a nice touch in the evenings to spray the room. Breakfast was super with a large choice of local and the usual dishes with eggs to order. We did have a meal at the restaurant which was fine and the pool bar seemed to be getting some serious business.

My friends spent a lot of time in the spa and probably went through all the treatments and massages and were very happy, as well as with the gym.

It would be great if the hotel could get into an arrangement with or provide decently priced taxi / car hires as I felt that negotiating every trip in a taxi was irritating and, at times, expensive.

Perfect hotel for a trip with friends as it has all the facilities and comforts required on a sightseeing cum lazy beach holiday.

Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here in a premier pool room for 2 nights. We had a corner room in the back, so it was pretty quiet and peaceful most of the time. This hotel was wonderful, I think what makes this hotel so great, is the staff. We have many chats with many of the staff, as they are super friendly and so helpful. Anytime we asked for anything, we had it within a minute. The rooms were spacious and very clean with a good sized tv with many international channels. The bathroom was a bit on the small size, but not a big deal. The location was great, walking distance to restaurants and shops.

The restaurant upstairs, Mozzarella is great. We had dinner there once, and the food was good, as well as the service. We noticed they would bring huge portable fans if you had a baby in your party so the baby didn't get too hot. Once the parties with the babies were done, they would happily aim the fans at you if you asked.

Now for the negative part of the hotel. Although they are really good about cleaning your room, it’s a bit hard to get some privacy because they are REALLY intent on cleaning your room. They clean the room in the morning/afternoon and come by at night to spray the room for bugs. We had jet lag and had to adjust to a 13 hour time difference so we would take random naps during the day. Our first night, we took an hour nap around 5 or 6, and had housekeeping knocking on our door to spray the room for bugs. My boyfriend woke up when he heard the knock, and politely declined the service as we were dead tired. We stayed out til 5 am that night, so the next day, I took a nap after breakfast and left the do not disturb sign up. They called the room, which woke me up to say that I had the do not disturb sign up and to ask what time I wanted the room cleaned. I told them I was napping and they asked me to call them when I was awake and wanted the room cleaned. An hour later, they were at the door, knocking, trying to clean the room again.

Another negative part of the hotel, which is a the main reason why we might not stay here again was the check out process. During check out, the receptionist asked us to have a seat in the lobby because they needed to check the room before we left. We sat around for 15 minutes for housekeeping to check the room. Finally housekeeping called to say that we had left the safety box closed (I guess we are supposed to leave it open) and to say that there was a dirty spot on our bed sheet. They wanted to know the reason of the dirty spot. I had no clue what dirty spot they were talking about, so I couldn’t really give them an answer why there was a dirty spot on our bed sheet. But they were insistent on knowing how it had it gotten there, so my boyfriend went to the room to check it out. It was a circular dirty orange colored spot (looked like an outline of a cup holder). We had no clue how it had gotten there, so they asked us to wait another 15 minutes to see if they could get the spot out. They said if they couldn’t get the spot out, that we would have to pay. I have NEVER heard of having to pay for dirty bed sheets. It’s Bali, so we were constantly at the beach, dirty from the dusty roads, and sweaty. If I stayed here again, I would have to worry about getting the bed sheets dirty, which is something I’ve never had to worry about at any hotel. Luckily the spot came out, and they said we were good to go.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank SuzieQ154
astama, Manager at The Magani Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Ms Suzie,
First of all, on behalf of the team members of The Magani Hotel & Spa, I would like to express our sincere appreciation for your recent stay with us. We are honored as you chose to stay at The Magani and as we have had the opportunity to serve you recently.
Please accept my genuine apology for the inconvenient situation you encountered during your stay and departure. I am certainly in an agreement with your good self and perfectly understand how it feels if I were in your situation. Our Housekeeper has been instructed to adhere to the set standard procedure in order to avoid reoccurence in the future.
Ms Suzie, I and all team members of The Magani would be grateful if you could provide us another opportunity to serve you once again in the not to distant future where we can show and deliver the delightful service of what The Magani is renown for.
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I guess my mate Thuky has mentioned most of what I had to say, but yes, the hotel was more than I expected in a good way. The rooms were comfy, the staff always very courteous (as one would expect in Bali), the gym and pool small but adequate. Beers at the pool bar were 25,000 (2.5 A$) and cocktails a wee bit more at 9-10A$. Brekky was great and the Spa was the best surprise of all... The deals are one of the best I've come across and I have travelled a bit over the past 10 years or so.
The hotel is located very conveniently in close proximity of the bars, shops and beaches.

Worth a visit again I reckon

2 Thank Anil276
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The location is excellent as so close to bars, restaurants, shopping and day spa's. The staff are all so lovely and friendly, especially Putu, Wayan and the security - great guys. We had a private pool room which was very nice but, as a few other people have mentioned, the pool was very cold but it was September so not the height of summer. Swim up pool bar cocktails are excellent, especially the Pinky Mojito.

The only negative we found was because the pool is in the middle of the hotel the noise does tend to travel. We were there on the September long weekend and there was a large group of guys on the second to last night who were hanging around in the pool, swearing and shouting and it was really loud in our room so we had problems sleeping....we're not even sure if they were staying in the hotel as we never saw them again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Portland OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a truly excellent hotel for the price. In particular - the spa is outstanding. Treatments generally cost less than USD 20 for an hour. The Balinese massage is great value. The facility is very comfortable and professionally run. Tipping is not expected though I am sure it is appreciated. The hotel is located in the heart of Legian and a short 200 meter walk from the beach. The breakfast is excellent with western and Indonesian dishes in plenty. The rooms are comfortable with excellent beds and great airconditioning. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Dwi in the restaurant was really nice and very friendly so be sure to check in on her.

Overall - it was an excellent experience and I can see why it is a top rated hotel in Legian.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room - the external views are not so great.
1 Thank thuky
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

very aspect of the Magani was excellent ,the staff more than helpful friendly professional
We enjoyed our stay the rooms are spacious clean and were serviced to perfection the pool was great and the day spa was professional but excellent value and the breakfasts left nothing lacking.
we would definitely stay there again we stayed 10days and all was good
my daughter was in a room with a plunge pool which was great

Room Tip: our third floor room was great and my daughter and husband was on the ground floor with a plunge poo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple