“Can't Wait To Go Back”

Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Brisbane QLD Australia
“Can't Wait To Go Back”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I just spent 9 nights at The Magani, we have been to Bali many times and stayed at quite a few nice places but I can honestly say this has to be the BEST we have ever stayed in, the staff in Bali are always lovely at any of the places but at The Magani they were just Amazing in every way, they were so helpful and as usual always smiling, I asked if it was possible to get a small table and 2 chairs for the balcony (we stayed in a Deluxe Suite) it was in our room with 5mins, we were in a room facing the road which at first I was a bit worried about as I'm a light sleeper but it never bothered me at all you could here the odd car or bike but traffic never woke me or stopped me from getting to sleep. Our room was huge we loved the space the Jacuzzi on the balcony was such a nice touch and relaxing after shopping all day, the cleaners do such a good job not just in the rooms but the whole hotel, there are a lot of sitting areas around the hotel if you want to just sit relax have a drink or even have a chat to the staff (which we did) The pool and pool area is really nice and a good size , We had breakfast at the Hotel every morning they have a good selection of food, we also ate at their restaurant ( Mozzarella ) a few nights the food was just delicious, you have go there for dinner at least once so you know what I'm talking about , Ani in the Restaurant is my favourite she is just Beautiful I will miss her beautiful smile and laughter. The location couldn't be better we just walked everywhere, give Coffee Corner across the road near Jl Legian they have the best Ice Latte, Coffee , Cakes and light snacks and again the Staff are amazing. We can't wait to go back to The Magani. Honestly we would HIGHLY recommend staying here. Thank you for making our stay such a Memorable one. See you all again.

Room Tip: For the extra $$ it is worth getting a Deluxe suite, if you like people watching on the street get a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank capricorn-libra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. Just do it. Clean, comfortable, great location to beach, shopping, food. The staff were excellent. Do try the Day Spa, my 90 minute Hot Stone Massage was the best I have had, a big thank you to masseuse Rina for that 90 minutes of pure bliss and at $30 Australian for a Hot Stone massage for 90 minutes I was blown away. I didn't try other treatments in the day spa but would imagine them to be wonderful. If I could recommend a great value hotel and spa in Bali then this is it.

Room Tip: High floor room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank keepdreaming30
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The first thing that got us was the staff! They were truely amazing! So friendly!! Even helped us out to contact the airport after our bags were lost in transit. Most of the staff spoke good English. We were sad to leave this hotel as the staff were so great. The pool was fantastic and having a pool bar has always been a dream.

Regarding the location, it seemed close to Kuta and right in the middle of Legian. Western restaurants were very easy to find (a bit disappointing to us as we wanted traditional food). Taxis are so cheap so easy to get anywhere if you aren't up to the walk.

The footpaths on the street are quite messy and uneven. Wouldn't be too much of an issue for an able bodied person but I struggled somewhat. Not a fault of the hotel though.

Markets are right across the round and round the corner for handbags, watches, traditional carvings and beachwear.

Would recommend to anyone and stay again!

• Stayed March 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My best friend recently stayed here and seeing as I visited frequently I thought I could still write a review!!!

She stayed in The Magani Suite and was lucky enough to get the top floor which overlooked the entire hotel. Her room had an outdoor Jacuzzi which she used a few times. Probably only draw back was it took forever to fill up!

The room was beautiful, had a separate living area and lovely balcony. These could be shut off from the bedroom when you had visitors.The bathroom was massive and included heaps of toiletry items.

We didn't use the pool but it was always busy as was the pool bar. The pool looked very inviting.

The spa was amazing and luxurious. I enjoyed a massage here and the room was lovely, would be nice for couples to be pampered together. My friend enjoyed many treatments from the spa menu and loved every one of them. The prices were reasonable for such a luxurious and professionally run spa. I would use this spa again when staying at nearby hotels.

The restaurant Mozzarella was really nice. We enjoyed happy hour cocktails here most afternoons with a great view for people watching. It was upstairs so you avoid the annoying dvd sellers etc. We also had a couple of dinners here which were all enjoyable. I also visited for breakfast one morning. I felt there was ample choice and was set in a lovely setting. We also used room service which was quick and delicious. Prices for the restaurant are again reasonable for the quality of food and service. The room service menu is only a smaller version of the restaurant menu.

All staff I came across were friendly, especially restaurant staff and the security guys on the driveway. Always ready to assist to walk across the road.

So even though I didn't stay here I would recommend this hotel for couples. Great location and amenities.

Room Tip: a room on the top level would give you more privacy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Came here on first night of honeymoon. Surprised to find that they had bumped us up to the best suite, which was incredible and included a jacuzzi.
Pool area was very nice and included a sunken bar which was a nice touch. Great location too

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daniel w
Perth
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved my stay at the magani. The staff were lovely and attentive. Had a deluxe room with a balcony that overlooked the pool. Loved the day bed on the balcony but just one suggestion would be to put a table and chairs on the balcony too so if your having a drink on the balcony you have somewhere to put it. Rooms were ample size and comfortable. Loved the 2 for the price of 1 cocktails and all the drinks/food were affordable and no hidden taxes. The restaurant mozzarellas at the hotel was lovely also and even if we didn't eat at the hotel that night we would always stop for a cocktail before retiring to the room. All in all a great stay.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ErinPerth
New York, NY
Reviewed 18 March 2014

If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a bustling area Magani is it. It is ultra chic and modern. Think South Beach in Bali. I had a deluxe room on the 3rd floor facing the pool. I was worried about noise but it wasn't bad at all. Comfortable bed and nicely appointed room.Great amount of space for one or two people. Anymore would be a crowd. One complaint is the smell if sulfur upon 1st turning the shower on each morning but it left within a few seconds. Not the end of the world though. The restaurant served tasty food. Not the most extravagant menu but enough options to satisfy a wide range of taste buds. The pool is great. Its situated in the very center of the hotel and is completely uncovered which is nice. Not the most relaxing with the kids running and splashing about but I managed to close my eyes and pretend they weren't there. So if you are set on staying in Legian I'd recommend this hotel. Excellent service from check in to check out. Thanks Magani!

• Stayed March 2014