“I won't stay anywhere else in Bali!!”

The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Firstly, I did have very high expectations of this hotel due to the reviews, but I can definitely say I was NOT disappointed! This is by far the best property I have stayed at in Bali, and at the moment on the top for the best I've ever stayed at anywhere!

The rooms are immaculate, very modern with great amenities, we stayed in a deluxe pool view room with the bathtub on the balcony and it was a great bonus. The rooms are cleaned every day without needing to be asked, the room service is fantastic with a great twist that has the meals delivered in packaging so you can take your food down to the pool/beach.

The reception staff are incredibly friendly, with a nice welcome and there is also very tight security which makes you feel super safe.

The pool is the most amazing pool I have seen yet!! It is huge, with day beds and cabanas to relax on all day long. There is heaps of room so it's great if you want a bit of privacy.

The buffet breakfast is hands down the most interesting and delicious I've seen at any hotel. You have the diversity of heaps of different cuisines, even ice cream for brekky?! You can also indulge in a cappuccino, iced coffee or mango smoothie free of charge at the brekky bar. I think this is a winner when most hotels only offer terrible instant coffee.

The location is the one little thing I would change, its about a 20 minute walk from the heart of town, but a good walk after all the food you will eat at brekky. Plus it's directly across from the beach!

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this property, as a travel agent we do have high expectations of hotels and the service they provide, but I without a doubt will forward my clients onto The Stones, so they can experience what I have!! I can't wait to go back :)

10/10!

Room Tip: Stayed in the deluxe pool view with a private balcony with bath tub and day bed. Definitely go for t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here at short notice and it was the best decision we could make.

From the moment we arrived the friendly staff made us feel welcome and at home. The security on arrival ensures your safety whilst staying here is guaranteed.

Checkin was swift and the ice block and refresher towel had a very nice touch.

We decided on a premium pool view room and the plunge pool was fantastic especially after a day out on the streets.

The gym is well equipped and is open 24 hours. The pool side swim up bar is excellent with happy hour nightly from 5pm - 7pm. Recommended are the mango daiquiris!

The restaurant is fantastic and the staff again make it extra special. We had Indonesian on our first night and it was superb.

In our room we enjoyed all the extra special touches such as the Bose iPhone sound system and the illy espresso coffee machine.

The bath robes and slippers were nice. Bathroom had a rain shower with marble floors and walls whilst the main room had a non slip floor. Curtains ensure you can have privacy whilst enjoying the plunge pool.

The nightly entertainment is great. The sax player, the Balinese dancers. The flame performance and the DJ were just some of the highlights.

Overall the stay was great and we would have no hesitation in staying here again and again. Worth every dollar and highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed at The Stones four times over the period of a few weeks and was quite impressed. Undoubtedly an outstanding breakfast spread with the only negative being that it's totally non-pork products.... and I won't be staying at this hotel again because of that and because of the absolutely, totally excessive metal object security screening. If I can't get pork at a 5-star Marriott hotel in Bali (for crying out loud!!) then I'm not returning; simple as that. And the absolute inanity of subjecting every single person to a metal detector wand body sweep simply because the staff (from the head of security down) aren't trained in how to properly adjust the walk-through metal detector is really just beyond belief for a hotel of this class. Finally, the location of this resort is both advantageous and disadvantageous. Because the local and provincial governments choose to not properly manage traffic flow, parking and vehicle types throughout the Kuta / Legian district, the area is destined to remain a nightmare to negotiate (except for those few hours between 3a.m. and 7a.m.). The result, for premium guests of the hotel, can often be very uncomfortable and long commutes to and fro.

Now, having got that off my chest, the pros may (for you but not for me) outweigh the cons.

The rooms are lavishly appointed; WiFi Internet is very good and easily accessed; staff are knowledgeable (for the most part) and friendly (without reservation); dining is of the finest available for the price and you'll even be surprised occasionally; the spa is excellent; the pool refreshing; the sunset entertainment entrancing.

Enjoy The Stones................just keep in mind where its located.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Marcus B
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Was there recently for a short trip to unwind and rejuvenate and the hotel fulfilled my aims. Security was tight which was reassuring. Front desk staff were welcoming/warm and the general arrival feel was immediately relaxing. At the reception, i got a peek of the pool and immediately wanted to just "rot" there. The room was simply awesome - got a room with a bathtub in the balcony with privacy curtain. Wow! Changed and went to the pool to relax and it was just that - relaxing, hugh pool with swim up bar (where i had a couple of drinks). Got back and tried the bathtub and there was music from the two piece band by the pool (dont forget to draw your curtain). Breakfast was at the cafe by the pool with choice of outdoors/indoors. Food was sufficient - try the porridge. Didnt look appetizing but when you have it, you want more - I did. Warning - the chilli is super spicy but was GREAT!. Staff was quick to attend to you and get you your requests. You can relax again by the pool after breakfast with a choice of daybeds, sunbeds, hammock between trees or soak in the warm jacuzzi. Now doesnt that sound like a holiday with good product and good service? I will be back very soon. Thanks to all staff who made my stay so relaxing, enjoyable and rejuvenating. Special mention to Christy whom I met while there and who helped make my stay what it was - GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: make sure you get one with bathtub in balcony. May cost a bit more but worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RandRandR
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed at The Stones with a couple of friends during our short weekend getaway. The design of the hotel and room, not forgetting the breakfast spread are just fabulous. Though it was only a short trip, it was an enjoyable and unforgettable one. What makes the place so special and outstanding is the great service that the staffs have delivered. The genuine smile and friendly greetings each day makes me feel so welcomed and it just brightens up my day even more. Thumbs up for Christy, Chef Chris and their wonderful team. You guys are awesome. Will definitely be back again. Cheers

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Sillycrazygirl
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed with my family who live in Jakarta and spent our holiday in Bali. At first we were hesitating to stay there, because basically we do not like hotels in Kuta area, because it is so touristy. However, since my friend has arranged everything for us, so we had to stay there.
The Hotel is big, very big I must say. Once we got to the entrance, we felt like we entered the embassy office or military center, as we were greeted by bunch of security who checked our car (super detail checking). And then we got to the lobby entrance, and again, another security checking with detector. Well, we did understand that it was for our safety too. So, we were fine with that.
Lobby staff, reception, cleaning staff, who ever were in lobby, they were so nice and friendly. We had our warm welcomed and treated nicely. It is so much different with the "so-typical-hotel-in-kuta" staff. The Stone staff, they were casual yet good manner.
The lobby is huge, the room was big and beautiful. The pool is amazing. But one thing is my most favorite was THE BREAKFAST!!! it is superb!! GREAT FOOD, YUMMY, LOTS OF CHOICE AND FRESH!! The egg guy was so nice and friendly. I Cudn't find any mistake at all with their breakfast.
Thank you guys! Love your hotel!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ChloeJenna
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Stones Hotel for 9 nights from 29 April to 8 May.
The Staff - all very friendly and within a few days were calling us by our names. I won't name individuals as we had pleasant interactions with ALL staff.
The Hotel - loved it, great rooms, great view to the pool, large pool which was at the right temperature to swim in and loved the free use of the pool cabanas.
The Food - huge variety for breakfast with freshly squeezed juices of your choice, enjoyed the lunches by the pool and the dinners in the restaurant.
The Location - Beach is across the road, short stroll to the brand new BeachWalk shopping centre and about a 25 minute walk to Kuta Discovery which we did on a few ocassions. Taxis are cheap in Bali so if you don't feel like walking just grab a cab.
The Service - top notch. We had a bit of mix up with our reservation package, however staff were quick to resolve it in our favour. My husband had his phone stolen whilst we were shopping in Kuta. We mentioned this to hotel staff on our arrival back at the hotel, they arranged for hotel security to drive my husband to police station and file a report. A service above and beyond.
We will certainly return to this great hotel. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Pool View rooms are great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FilAustralia370
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Beach
#2 of 87 in Legian
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa

Been to The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!