“New hotel in Bali-Legian”

The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Jaipur, India
“New hotel in Bali-Legian”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed for 5 nights, for business trip. That's a good hotel for business purpose. Nice swimming pool for relaxation, great ballroom & meeting room. Love this hotel for business purpose. Some of the rooms, have a balcony with bath tub...some others have private "jacuzzi" (?!) ... but not so convenient for use it... as it is not so private one ^o^

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank TripLover888888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in the beginning of June and it was my first time to Bali. From the moment I arrived I knew this was going to be a great experience. During the check in process the staff greets you with a cool towel and a popsicle. Nice touch because it is hot in Bali...so that was a pleasant surprise. I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. First of all it's a new hotel that opened in October 2012 and it's very well kept. I love all of the details that they have included to make the stay a pleasant one. The rooms are spacious, modern decor and the beds are heavenly!!!

They have included all the amenities that one could need during a hotel stay. No need to even bring a toothbrush or hair tie...they have thought of it all. They even provide you with a beach bag for the pool or beach.

I was very pleased to have received an upgrade to a pool view room when I arrived at the hotel. The room was beautiful and had an amazing balcony with an oversized bathtub. Yes, a bathtub on my balcony...really a very cool idea! So of course I had to take a bath...complete with bath salts and a bubble bath fizz ball. I loved the open air feel and of course there were curtains for privacy. The first floor rooms that face the pool do not have bath tubs but they have their own unique feature...a plunge pool/jacuzzi. The designer of this hotel really wanted to give the guests a new and refreshing experience.

The food at the restaurants was delicious and not expensive at all and there was numberous choices. You are not going to go broke at this hotel which is a refreshing change from the high resort prices that one can pay in other hotels. The Spa at the hotel was also very nice and well maintained. Very peaceful, relaxing and inviting!!! The prices are also very reasonable. I'm from the U.S. (New Jersey/New York area) and the spas back home are very pricey.

The security at the hotel is also top notch...you can feel very safe here. The beach is right across the street from the hotel so it's very nice that you don't need to have a car. Tons of shopping in the area...you can walk to so many shops.

Also, one last thing and this is not about the hotel but definitely worth mentioning...if you find yourself in Bali you can not leave without visiting Potato Head. I will not spoil the experience for anyone, but it's one of the most amazing places I have been too. You will not be disappointed if you go to this place.

Have fun everyone and enjoy beautiful Bali!!! I really loved staying at this hotel and I can't wait to go back and bring my family!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room on a high floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Jovana B
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was upgraded to Premium Pool room so that I can have connecting room with my brother which is very nice of them to do so. The room is smaller compare with other Autograph Collection that I have stayed in but it is very comfortable anyway. One input that I would like to note would be they should have warm water in the pool/jacuzzi in front of the room as when it's slightly cold, not everyone can relax there. Breakfast is excellent, we could have any combination of fresh juices. Spa is good, although they should have open beyond 9 pm. Some hotel spa in Jakarta open until midnight and I would expect hotel spa in Bali to open till late night too as those are the times for people relax and pamper themselves before sleeping. I like the spacious gym and swimming pool. The hotel is also within walking distance to Beachwalk with various restaurants, shops and even Premiere cinema which I love.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Fenny G
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my friends and i can say this is one of the best hotel i have ever stayed in Bali. Great room, great pool, great service and the breakfast is good too! gym was great very well equipped. great value of staying!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Hardyyy
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed for two nights while traveling solo to Bali. The hotel was very new, and I like the fact that it wasn't sprawling big like some resorts in Bali, which was adequate for a solo traveler like me.

I really enjoyed the in-room Bose dock, it gave me the option to play my own music. The espresso machine, however, didn't work, but since I'm not much of a coffee drinker I didn't bother asking for replacement or having it fixed. Bed and pillows were really comfortable, as always Marriott provided me the best sleep during my stay in Indonesia. The staff was attentive and friendly without being overbearing. I received US$50/night voucher to be spent in the hotel which was a good deal, I spent one in the restaurant and one in the spa. I ordered chocolate fondant for dessert, which sadly didn't live up to my expectation, very dry. The spa quality was excellent, my masseur, Dewi (?) was good. Overall, I was really happy with the room upgrade, airport transfers, plus all the little extras.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank perempuan
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2013

A friend and I stayed here and really enjoyed our visit.

We arrived in the early hours of the morning and were upgraded to a pool view room with a plunge pool.

Our room is comfortable and the beds are divine. Shame I can't pack the bed in to my suitcase and take it home! The plunge pool is a great touch, though you don't have any balcony space so you may wish to consider whether you would like a balcony or plunge pool.

The breakfast is really good and have to restrain myself from going overboard with the food. Would be one of the better hotel breakfasts and I have stayed in some top business hotels around the world.

The cocktails are great, the swim up pool bar is quite nice and not at all tacky. The pool area in general is clean, large and sun lounges in the water. The staff will do pool lounge food orders and I was happy with my meals as I relaxed and ate with a mojito.

The staff are friendly and very hospitable.

The location is good, the new fancy shopping mall is down the road. Poppy's lane 2 is close by too.

There are plenty of taxis near by and the hotel will get one for you.

All up, a really pleasant and comfortable hotel that I would be happy to recommend and will come again

Room Tip: Consider whether a plunge pool or balcony is more important when you book as you don't have anyw...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank saradean79
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My wife and I booked this place for our first anniversary - just through online research. These guys get it! Its not just about attending the desk, serving the food or facilitating the transaction for your room. With this luxury resort you buy in to the experience, and your needs are catered to from the first moment you approach the stone lobby desk to the moment you depart. Food excellence - top chefs prepare and present food from 3 different menus / restaurants sort of amalgamated. Room decor / comforts / extras are paush (illy coffee, organic vibrant signature soaps). Room extras are unique and exciting (the balcony soak tub is a must, but an investment in the private pool not necessary). Pool facilities, lounge huts, tanning beds, hammocks - plentiful, excellent quality and upkeep and experience perpetuating. Breakfast buffet prepared and served by competent chefs, not trough style, service responses demonstrate organizational commitment to service excellence! Seamless outdoor entertainment for guest lounging. 5 minute walking distance to the beach, restaurants, and designer shopping. Lots of security (inconvenient but fostering piece of mind). One small but significant drawback is room design. You enter your room through the bathroom (not such an issue, however) the lack of an appropriate bathroom door makes privacy difficult. TIPs: 1. do get the room facing the pool with the soaking balcony tub - great for rainy periods of the day / night. 2. Look for the Blue Bird cabs (Indonesian national favorite) - very high work ethics - they always use meters - watch for impersonators. Authentic Blue Birds will have www. bluebird on the windshield and Blue Bird covers on their headrests. 3. Make use of available Blue Bird tours - there are three travel routes that can easily bring you to the best points of Bali in 3 one day tours. Guided tours not recommended as the guides don't. 4. If you come to Bali for the spa experience (which you must try), opt for a day spa at a location outside of Kuta for what you really want to experience. The ones inside Kuta are just back-rub style rubdowns. -- Trust me, if you've read my previous hotel comments you'll know this is not a paid ad - The Stones deserves every word of it. Lay back and enjoy the experience. For couples - memorable.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms with a balcony soak tub are a must!! Rooms with a private pool seem nice, but truth...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple