“A Wonderful Holiday Hotel, Bali” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection

The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Brisbane
“A Wonderful Holiday Hotel, Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Having never stayed at Legian/Kuta before in Bali my wife and I, and our sister in law were looking for somewhere special to stay. Everything we could want was provided in our stay at the Stones Hotel. Relatively new at just 1 year old it is a first class property. It has a wow factor as you first arrive at reception, and this continues as you walk through the property to your room. We each had deluxe pool view rooms and would recommend them to anyone. The rooms are of a good size, with king bed, plenty of cupboard space and a wonderful balcony with bath and day bed. Curtains provide privacy when required. The view from our room on the 4th floor was terrific and we never tired of looking at the pool day or night. There are three restaurants at the property and we ate regularly at two of these. The food choice was excellent ranging from western style to Indonesian. Staff in the restaurants were superb, and we would commend Annie and Anna for the excellent way they catered for our needs on the trip, nothing seemed too much for them. Prices were most reasonable for hotel cuisine. The hotel also has an excellent day spa called Celestines. Massages, Facials, Wraps etc were all available and fairly priced. The rooms were good, very clean and the staff experienced. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Stones and would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Deluxe Pool View Rooms are first class, particularly on the 3rd floor or higher. The Pool Access roo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights in September. Check in was smooth, rooms are lovely I found the curtain separating the room and the bathroom a bit strange. Pool is amazing, the drinks at the Pool Bar are pretty expensive for Bali. Walking distance to Beach Walk and some markets

• Stayed September 2013
Acton, West London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stones Hotel, Legian
I have just completed an 11 night stay at this hotel.

Bad points
By the far the worst thing that happened was on my first night when, after the illuminated shaving mirror had been repaired, I got a nasty electric shock from it which caused all the power to the room to be shut down! This was not the first problem I endure. On check in I was assured that, as a Lifetime Platinum Level member of Marriott Rewards I had been upgraded. This was not true. During my stay I heard other people saying “we were told at check in we had been upgraded, but we had not”. Ironically it was when they did upgrade me it was to the room where I was nearly electrocuted. I finally got to sleep in the third room they offered me. The following day I was moved to another upgrade room overlooking the pool.
The swimming pool area is nice but be cautious if your eyesight is not too good as the steps into the pool are a bit tricky to see, some white lines to denote the edge of the steps would be nice.
The sun loungers look good, but are quite uncomfortable after a while.
The location of the hotel is another point to be wary off as the traffic to and from it can be a bit of a nightmare.
I really do not think they value us Elites as well as they should. Had it not been for my problems I would have had no better service at this property than a non-member.

Good points

The breakfast buffet is good and varied. Indeed all the food I had in the hotel was good.
In the larger rooms/suites the double shower is nice.
The staff are friendly and helpful.

Summary

After the horrendous first night I spoke with the GM (Peter Brampton) after that I was treated quite well, In addition to a bottle of Johnny Walker Black label I was refunded for 2 nights. It is unlikely I will go back to Bali and if I did I am not sure if The Stones would be my first choice, mainly because of the uncomfortable sun loungers. There was also some minor disruption around the pool area for the last two days of my stay due to some urgent building works. Had there been advance notice of this I would have scheduled my sightseeing trips accordingly. After another complaint I was granted the use of a cabana for the day and a free lunch.
The final problems I encountered was after my stay I noticed that I had not been credited the full amount of Marriott Reward Points, about 24,000 less than I was entitled to. The hotel sorted this quickly enough, but I know of at least two other guests who had similar problems.

Had it not been for the problems I may have given a higher rating, but I was not impressed with the way they treat Marriott Rewards Elite members and the sun beds need to be improved. Sadly there is little the hotel can do about the traffic.

Room Tip: Go for a pool view on the top floors (fourth or fifth).
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank johnaalex
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had high expectations of this hotel - having had friends stayed here before and had told us how good it was.

We were not disappointed when we arrived - greeted by friendly smiley staff - with a refreshing cold towel and an icy pole! (which was delicious) . The reception area is beautiful, very open and inviting.

The pool area is so amazing, and it was never much of a trouble finding a sun lounge.. however there was the few people that went down early morning to "bags" there sun lounges- which I think should be allowed. They always have plenty of pool towels for your use. Hammocks were a great idea - but not very comfortable to lay in. Still good tho!

Our room was great, we had a twin room which was perfect for my friend and I. Spacious, clean and modern - just what we were looking for.

I liked the touch of the security, everytime you were to come back into the hotel, you had to put your bags through a xray machine, and walk through one of those detectors as well. Made you feel extra safe.

Only negative thing was there was quite a few mosquitos in our room!!

Would not hesitate paying the little extra and staying here again. Definitely worth it! LOVED IT :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rubyjs
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights recently. The service we experienced at this hotel was top notch. Check in was a breeze, staff greeting you warmly everywhere, attentive service at the bar and restaurants- nothing was too much trouble. Housekeeping was fantastic and made our room up early every day, also had a turn down service at night. The room was light, comfortable and spacious (we were in a garden view room). Only couple of remarks about the room: no balcony, which we really missed; and not much privacy in the bathroom as it is just separated from the room by a curtain. A sliding door would've been a much better option. The hotel has a sleek modern feel to it, as a result there are not many gardens or natural surroundings which is a bit of a shame but I guess that is the look they are going for.

The pool is clear and refreshing. You pay US$25 for one of the gorgeous gazebos at the pool, however if you order $25 worth of food and drinks you get it for free. We lounged in a gazebo the whole day one day! It was amazing. Breakfast was yummy and there is a reasonably wide selection of dishes. The pancakes were so good I had them every morning.

The hotel is situated on a one way street, so if you get a taxi back to the hotel you do have to go round the back of Legian and back track a bit. Not too much of an issue as taxis are cheap, and if you are happy to walk it's not a problem. BeachWalk, Circle K, restaurants and money changers all within walking distance.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LozLovesBali
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have had such a memorable and pleasant stayed at The Stones Kuta Hotel, the staffs were very helpful, the hotel security was great, and the best Buffet Breakfast compared to other hotels we have stayed in. Loved it and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HHors2010
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I really liked staying at the Stones hotel the pool is amazing and the breakfast is great nothing too much trouble. I loved the room overlooking the pool and you could have a bath listening to some Jazz. There was only one hiccup and that is how busy the main drag is. Apart from that all good, I did notice round the corner some cheeky young lads trying to get money and we were warned to hold your money and valuables close. If you want a relaxing stay in amongst the hussle then this hotel sits right back from it all. Great security will make you feel safe. I left my phone charger in the room so I wonder if this will be forwarded on? Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for a pool view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank junnel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,132 reviews
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!