The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$138
US$144
The ONE Legian(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$29
Agoda.com
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$115
US$251
US$203
Agoda.com
US$175
US$161
Alam KulKul Boutique Resort(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$80
Legian Beach Hotel(Legian)
US$141
US$129
US$337
US$229
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$66
2,049 results
All reviewsbath tub on the balconykuta beachpool viewmetal detectorjuice barpool barbreakfast buffethuge poolbeautiful hotelacross the roadcoffee machinebeachwalk mallone way streetour honeymoonpool staffsun loungersbreakfast was amazing
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the stones at the end of our trip in bali and it was the perfect ending. The breakfast is amazing... Anything you can think of for breakfast is here (apart from marmite) and the quality of the food is high. We did order room service a few nights and actually ate in the restaurant and the food was also very nice but expensive. Whilst we stayed here the miss world competition was being held too. There is free use of computers and printers here too so you can check in online and print off boarding passes etc. Safes and Bose iPod docks in the room! Bed was very comfy and I would definitely recommend and would love to go back again!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Holly939
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Plastic is the surface of choice in the room, on the floor, on the walls, on the horizontal surfaces, The room has that Glade Fresh smell that one does not expect to find in a hotel in Bali. The sound proofing leaves a lot to be desired as well, I can tell you that my neighbor is in the shower right now, it even sounds like they are in my room while they are showering. My room view is of an alley, which I hope means I will have a quiet room, but I am starting to think my problems will actually be noise from the neighboring room(s).
Food prices are absurdly expensive. This is not a high end hotel, but everything on the menus has pricing comparable to what one would pay in a mid level + hotel in the US. This is one of five hotels I have stayed in in Bali, the only hotel with comparable F&B prices has been the Grand Hyatt, where I did expect to pay those kinds of prices.

I am a silver member of the Marriott Rewards program, which I am told gets me a 15% discount in the Spa and for F&B, but beware it does not even cover the local tax of 11% and service charge of 10%. And, while reception briefly mentioned the discount in passing, and pointed out that I had a room upgrade when checking in, there was otherwise no acknowledgement of my Marriott loyalty. I did get a "Surprise" shortly after getting to my room, a small jar of what appear to be housemade marshmallows.

All in all, this hotel gives me no reason to even think that I am actually in Bali.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank SgFm
Reviewed 7 December 2013

i have been to Bali many times and tried many hotels. This hotel is an expensive daily rate andcertainly doesnt deliver for the rate they charge. Rooms are very small and the layout is very poor. The pool is shallow and there r view day beds with shade. Everything seems to close earlier then other resorts I have stayed in. I.e breakfast only to 10.30 no poolside dining after 5.00pm. Checkin at 3.00pm. Wasn't impressed with the food at all. The position of the hotel was also very bad. Located right at the end of a one way and u need to go right around the block to. Get into Kuta. Staff English skills were also not good enough. If u want a real 5 star experience at better rates than this place try the Kartka.or Padma. Not worth the money!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank Shellyshaw
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed at the Stones in a deluxe pool room for 4 nights while on holiday.
What we liked:
- Our room was fantastic – it was spacious, comfortable and featured a range of amenities. The bed was very comfortable and had so many pillows we had trouble choosing which to sleep on. The layout of the room was a bit unusual because you entered the room via the bathroom area, which itself was fairly spacious. The room also featured a covered balcony with a nice view of the pool area, a sofa and a large soaking tub (there were curtains to pull across the opening of the balcony for bathing privacy). The little things – robes, flip-flops, plentiful toiletries, bath bombs and salts for the tub – were a nice touch too.
- Fabulous pool – it was the perfect temperature throughout our stay and large enough that it never felt crowded. There were plenty of lounge chairs (some of them in the water), cabanas and a swim-up bar.
- Good location across from the beach.
- Very friendly staff – we were greeted by name most of the time – and the staff were really helpful. For example, they helped us arrange a daytrip to Ubud with one of their drivers, which was extremely affordable.
- A good range of dining options - the food was good value for the amount we received. The breakfasts had a nice range of choices.
- Great spa with affordable prices.
Things that weren’t as great:
- We booked a package that included airport transfers; however, the hotel didn’t receive our flight information, so we had a frustrating arrival experience. The reception staff were apologetic and reimbursed us for our transport expenses.
Overall
We struggled to find a resort in Bali that would tick all of our boxes until we spotted The Stones. We had an amazingly relaxing time and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms on pool side are nice and have balconies with soaking tubs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank T_R_Grant
Reviewed 6 December 2013

If you want to be in the center of action in Bali - beach, waves, surf, clubs, boutiques, - this is the place. Quite pricey for the young, but if a friend treats you here and you are in your 50s with excess energy, The Stones Hotel it is. Light, airy, modern, it is zen and jazzy in this tropical island of Indonesia. Don't forget to turn on that red light at your door before embarking the island for the day, or else you'll go back to your room and bathroom the way you left it in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends