The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I love this hotel, this has been my 4 visit to 'The stones' I love that it's nice an new and clean.
I have stayed here twice with my family including 2 kids age 5 and 3. Everyone goes out of their way to make the kids welcome. I think that the kids clubs is one of the best in Bali both my girls loved it. One of the reasons I love this hotel is that it's not over run with kids. Older kids maybe bored, I think that there are better kids resorts for older kids. The rooms are light and airy, which I love, maybe on the small side. We had to get a suite for the 4 of us. I love the breakfast, so much to choose from, you can have waffles and pancakes. Location is good just a quick walk to the beach walk shopping centre, which has great western shops like topstop and Zara. Walk the other way you have bali markets and cheap massages. Every night there is a difference type of entrainment, from Bali fire dancers to jazz. I have also stayed here myself, the staff where great and I felt very safe. Will be back again,

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are great, would not bother with plunge pool rooms, twin rooms only have single beds...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Asd A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,976)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed for 9 nights and from the moment we pulled up to reception we were amazed that there was such a hotel in Bali... The reception area is amazing, the staff amazing, pool staff, restaurant staff, room service staff - all fantastic! The rooms were beautiful the beds super comfy and the pillows also super comfy! Loved the stone in the bathroom and the shower head was huge! The balcony over looked the pool and the sunbed and balcony bath were great... Loved how there were little curtains to shut off... We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely back... I am also pregnant and all staff were accommodating with good requests and drink requests! Thanks for a great stay :)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Simey8689
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights. We requested a king bed but ended up with 2 single beds. We were given the option to pay more for another room type and then move the next day into a king bed room, stay in the current single bed room and move the next day or just lump it in the single beds. In their defense they tried to fix the problem but given the booking was for 2 people with the same surname you'd expect a king bed to be reserved from the outset, it was a bit frustrating. The rooms are nice, modern and clean and no complaints there. Breakfast in the morning is huge and probably one of the best spreads I've seen from any hotel in the Legian/Kuta area. It's a close walk to the beachwalk shopping mall which is handy.

My only main gripe was the security part, it's way over the top. Every time you walk in you are subject to TSA style bag xray and walk through metal detectors, it was annoying to say the least. Even going through the gates in a taxi they open every door, ask you what room you are staying in, check the boot, check under the bonnet and run some dog that is supposed to be some sort of sniffer dog but in reality is no more than a pet they try to pose as a sniffer dog. They need to tone it down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Security is paramount at The Stones. Something we can become complacent about, but the security measures in place each time you arrive to the motel are un-intrusive but gives you peace of mind.
On arrival into the foyer you will be amazed, so grand, magnificent architecture.
The hotel is impeccably clean and the staff are all so nice.
The size of the pool set in the middle of the complex looks sensational both by day and by night.
We found the majority of the guests to be couples of all ages, families with younger children and of many nationalities.
The Stones is definitely not for young travellers seeking a night life or lively activities around the pool. Entertainment is fairly sedate, good local guitarist/singers, catering well to the clientele.
The drinks are pretty pricey...
The rooms are beautiful, the bath tub on our balcony was amazing. (Although we didn't actually use the bath it added to the mood of the room)
Our room over looked the pool. Rooms that did not face the pool might not has such a majestic feel to them.
Breakfast was yummy, where nothing is too much trouble for the caring staff.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill T
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have recently stayed at this hotel and found it really nice. The staff were all very friendly and willing to assit with any question. Rooms were nice and good amount of space for my friend and I, we had a twin room. Only thing I would say with the twin rooms is the bathroom area could be a little more private ie the toilet apart from that all the amenties are fabulous. Your even given a toothbrush and toothpaste everyday.
Breakfast has a lot of selection and options for everyone. The fresh juice section was great any kind of fresh juice you wanted was serviced. Fresh waffle and pancake station I would recommend asking them to cook fresh as sometimes I found then hard from sitting in the open to long.
The pool area was great such a nice peaceful surrounding to relax by everyday with the afternoon some live music being played. The pool water is lovely and fresh which is great in the bali heat. Drink and food prices by the pool I would say are expensive however this is a Marriott Property so I guess thats why they are expensive compared to other bali hotels. However Staff are always around to get you something to eat or drink, Komang I would like to mention as he was great at breakfast and later by the pool.
I would recommend this hotel for the location easy walk to food, shops and massage locations and right across the road from the beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed at The Stones and it is absolutely gorgeous from the moment you walk into the lobby you are blown away by the design, even the lifts are thoughtfully designed. The rooms are all class and the balconies offer a lovely view of the amazing pool area, they also present you with a bath on the balcony, that's a treat in itself. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the bathrooms are beautifully appointed. The hallways to the rooms feel like hotel hallways which didn't feel usual for Bali, we had adjoining rooms with our sons which was great and they didn't have a balcony which was quite ok and I imagine perfect for a family with young children. The pool area is stunning with a plentiful amount of sunlounges and the spa is huge, look for it. The vertical gardens are a beautiful focal point as otherwise the area would feel sterile and overly posh without soul, so definitely sitting on your balcony looking over the pool area and then the gardens lead up into the sky is a beautiful saving grace. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast would be the best we have had in any hotel, big call but seeing the amount of hotels we have stayed at this is certainly deserved. They catered to many cultural palates and we have never been anywhere where they make you smoothies or juices to go, free. Really just the buffet bkfst makes it worth staying. We had a cocktail in the bar before heading out and I wouldn't highly recommend it as a bit overpriced but if you didn't want to leave the hotel you wouldn't be overly disappointed. I really enjoyed the experience here, but I must say I do love the Bali with gardens that you can meander through, this does not have that but it is certainly stunning and walking distance to a lot of great places and restaurants so would I recommend a stay, for sure, make it one of your stops...

Room Tip: adjoining rooms if traveling with kids and confirm with an email beforehand.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wandererplus4
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was a guest at the Stones for 5 nights. Had a wonderful time and totally enjoyed the hotel and the very helpful, efficient and friendly staff. This hotel is part of the Marriott family of hotels and as usual for Marriott hotels it was just a really great place. I am a Marriott Gold member.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful with a huge selection of very nice, delicious and well-presented offerings. The rooms are a nice size. Mine was on the 4th floor with a shower inside and a tub out on the balcony with curtains for privacy. The hotel is right across the street from the Kuta Beach, a very busy street and area, but the Stones was very quiet at night with no problem from street noise to spoil a nice restful sleep.
The Stones is very good value at a very good price. I will return again for the wonderful hospitality at the Stones.

Room Tip: From what I could see it would appear that any room would be a good one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wy2kman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Beach
The Magani Hotel and Spa
Grand Hyatt Bali
Grand Hyatt Bali
#20 of 54 in Nusa Dua

Been to The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!