The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Legian
“Thank you.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Thank you and making my trip a memorable one. I stayed from 10 - 14 August. Everything is fantastic. From front desk, restaurant , spa , housekeeping , concierge,security were perfect. Thank you for the memorable birthday I spent in your hotel. The surprise balloon, the beautiful towels folded in the shape of 2 swan heart shape and a little note wishing me happy birthday left by the housekeeping. It's the small thought that made the big difference.
If I ever visit Bali again next year, I will definitely back back in The Stones!!! You guys rocks!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is our 2nd time here and again it was fantastic. The staff are fantastic and are determined to make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible. Nothing is to much trouble, the service impeccable, the food amazing, the surrounds brilliant. Couple of negatives please be wary of the Ramadan holiday when holidaying in Bali its a CRAZY time as the population almost doubles and if you don't get to breakfast early you will have to line up to wait for a table and with the hotel at capacity there are a lot of kids making a lot of noise around the pool. The good news is it only lasts a week.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a pool view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My partner and I stayed six days in deluxe pool view room and loved every second of it. I could honestly only fault one thing and that was the room we were given, room 355 as it's pool view was blocked almost entirely by palm trees, something I would have asked to change for had we not arrived at 1 am. Breakfast was lovely, best pastries and bread ever. Food in general was awesome, we had lots of room service and are in the restaurant also. Pool was great, lots of fresh towels and great day beds. Good shower facilities,bag storage and business centre after check out as we had a late flight. Excellent live music in the evening. Room and bed super comfy. Enjoyed spa special for $65usd.

Room Tip: Don't take room 355 as pool view is totally obstructed by Palm trees!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tanakins
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

You always book and hope for a great experience and that is exactly what we got at The Stones!

Our new favourite Bali hotel.

External appearance is 'western' in it's style but that doesn't mean you won't feel like you're in Bali.
Part of the new Bali style and from Day 1 my wife and I knew we'd made the right choice.

Service - top notch, friendly, respectful, courteous. Always meets the '5 star' expectations.
Cleanliness - flawless.
Pool - amazing (if the water was a couple of degrees warmer it would be perfect for my liking).
Breakfast - one of the best we have experienced anywhere in the world.

One thing; whilst the concierge are happy and helpful, they do not appear quite as knowledgable as some we have found. They can always help with a specific enquiry but not so strong when you ask things like "are there any beach clubs you would recommend other than PotatoHead which we've been to, twice?".

One more day until we leave and I sit here by the pool using the free WiFi for business AND to give this positive review.

It will be sad to leave The Stones, but we WILL be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kaygee79Aus
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the Stones for a short 4 nights after leaving a Nusa Dua hotel early as we were not impressed. We got to the Stones and were amazed and so happy with everything there. WOW breakfast was the most amazing I have ever seen, even better than buffet breakfast in melbourne. The rooms were great and really clean. I would have preferred a room looking out at the pool but maybe next time. If you want a 5 star hotel in a great location then The Stones is a fantastic place. It's a decent walk to Kuta but was great after eating so much for breakfast. Don't hesitate just book it.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Anna G
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at the stones in November. We couldn't believe our eyes when we got there and to see the services we got from the staff and how welcoming they are. The Rooms are very nice and the upkeep is amazing. We stayed in a pool view room and would recommend this to everyone.
The breakfast was one of the best breakfast I've ever had, you can get pretty much anything you want. Once you get sit the down the staff ask what you would like to drink and get it straight away for you.
The Location of the hotel is in a good spot only bad thing is you can only get to it from going into Kuta. The beach is right across the road from the hotel but the nicer part of the beach is to your left.
I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and to all the people out there reading this.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room, they are the only rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel A
perth
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights. We had booked a Deluxe with Bathtub on balcony. Check in was smooth and didn't have to wait long for our room which was good.

Upon check in they give you a fruity icy pole and wet cloth to cool down with.
Room Price was payable at check in but the price on check in was fine with one staff member helped us but when we had someone else the price payable was a little different,not by alot but the first staff member had it right.Our booking was done through booking.com and it tells you exact price you have to pay so when we paid they didn't give us change back, we were a little annoyed. So just check to make sure.

Anyway where told our luggage would be in the room to which when we arrived in the room it wasn't there,we had to explain to the staff it wasn't here and he was confused and was trying to find it, we finally got it after about 10 mins waiting.
The room is nice sort of well u walk in the door and the bathroom is right upon entrance which is a bit weird but it's clean.
Toiletries were a bit short as in one soap one toothbrush and I had to keep asking for these on the phone which was annoying finally they got the hint after the 3rd phone call. Bed was comfy and was massive, pillows comfy too.

Nice big tv and a Bose Sound System which we couldn't use as we don't have iphones which was a bit dissapointing.No Dvd player in the room which I thought was odd for the type of room it was. Mini bar wasn't fully stocked a couple things were missing that were not on the list so make sure you let reception know prior otherwise you may be charged. Room has a ironing board, umbrella, torch, safe, plenty of cupboard space to put your clothes away.

Shower is rain shower or it has the other normal shower head which is adjustable to suit.

Balcony view is nice of the pool area and looks pretty at night, you can smoke on balcony only. Balcony has the bath and was filled with rose petals when we arrived very nice touch as well as a red rose on the bed . The soundproofing of the rooms were pretty good we couldn't hear anything going on in next rooms so that is a plus. The only thing you could hear is if there were kids screaming in the pool or music from the pool area.

Breakfast was very good and alot of variety for everyone, juice, eggs, turkey bacon which was strange and didn't really like no real Bacon, pastries, all types of cereals and so much more to mention. Staff are great, Thank you to everyone especially Didi thank u for the perfume! Love it.

The only thing I didn't like at breakfast which I am suprised that a 5 star hotel did was when u had used your cutlery they wouldn't give you fresh cutlery they would take your re-used one and put it on the place mat we thought that was terrible I know they try to save washing up but really come on! They don't even do this at 3 star or 4 star hotels.

Security at hotel is tight which is good.
Location of hotel is ok it's a fair walk to BeachWalk about 15mins and it's quite a dark road at night which they do need more lighting there would be good.

If you walk in other direction towards Legian it's better as in not so dark at night and a bit quicker into Legian shops and restaurants.

The Beach is across the road from the hotel. The hotel is tucked away more towards the back of the property itself, so you may get a little ocean view depending on what level you are on but not alot it looks quite far away.

Service is fine for a hotel.I did sit in the Cabana at the Stones for about 1.5hrs and not one staff member came up to me and asked if I wanted a drink mmmm ok. I wouldn't say the service is amazing or any different to any other hotel I have stayed in. I have stayed in alot of different hotels from 3 to 5 star in Bali and to me it's all the same at the end of the day every staff member of every hotel in Bali has been great. It just depends on what you want to pay for your hotel we are never in the room much anyway so it's really just for sleeping and shower and swim and eat. So have a good look around where you want to stay when you are in Bali I am sure you won't be disappointed with all the choices!

Would I stay here at The Stones again?
Mmmm so many choices around I probably won't
I'm just being honest