“SWEET hotel, awesome price!”

Hotel Neo Kuta Jelantik
Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“SWEET hotel, awesome price!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here for three nights and was not disappointed. The hotel is brand new, very modern and has very well designed small rooms. For the price I had of around $25USD per night we were thrilled. The location is perfect with maybe about a 10 min walk to the beach and surrounded by countless restaurants, bars and shops. Airport is about a 15 minute taxi ride. Breakfast was a combination asian and western buffet with eggs made to order and more then adequate. The staff is spectacular. I had a few negatives. The wifi is pretty slow and spotty in the rooms and best in the restaurant area. I HATE mini-bars. There is so much bull involved with mini-bars and in this case, resulted in a dispute that I settled as the desk clerk informed me she personally would have to pay for anything missing that was not paid for. (That is a little archaic on managements part!) Hotels have to realize that mini-bars are not a feature but a negative. (IMHO of course! ) Just having a small fridge is great! There are at least 6 convenience hotels within crawling distance of this hotel. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kenincr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 November 2013

1- First night in electricity was gone for an hour with no status update.

2- Worst internet speed I've experienced in a hotel, gotta go elsewhere to get some work done.

3- they ask for a deposit for the mini-bar that you never asked for.

4- no rooms for smoking, gotta stop what you're doing and go out to smoke.

For a business trip, not the best place to be...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ahmed Z
Neo_Legian, Manager at Hotel Neo Kuta Jelantik, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at Neo Legian Jelantik on TripAdvisor.

We very much appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the quality of our internet and electricity that we provided.

I have personally assured and discussed this with the department heads concerned to ensure immediate improvement and rectification is made accordingly. I could not agree more that the issues you raised were valid and need full focus from our side to improve them and bring our standard of service and facilities to the next level. These are not what we expect from our standard and your feedback has greatly contributed to our efforts of improvement.

In regards to the deposit on check in is necessary made to ensure easier consume in our outlet and it will be faster on check out service. However we do as much as we can to maintain the privacy of our valued guests while spending time at the the hotel.

We do hope that your less than perfect experience will not keep you from returning to Neo Legian Jelantik when you will notice a significant improvement.

Warmest regards,

Arya Wicaya
Hotel Manager
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have finally returned to this beautiful island, one I didn't know I missed this much until the soles of my feet were upon the streets and faces were smiling and soon stories were shared.
This, the second morning waking in Neo Legian and once again upon returning to the hotel from a long searching of a fine coffeehouse (any recommendations fellow trippers for the Kuta/Legian area?), I once again enjoyed a beautiful and bountiful breakfast of perfectly poached eggs done just to order (and I do mean to order and without any hassle even going as far as knowing what I'm about to ask before I ask), bowls of fresh cut melon, and a couple of boiled eggs to match with a generous pouring of coffee, there are several other dishes on offer that look delicious but as I'm vegan/vegetarian I'll wait for that morning to come round to update this review.
But its not the breakfast that has me about this place, it's the staff; truly friendly, helpful, obliging and just cool and I mean cool. They know how to not just be of a service (any staff can do that) but be themselves and talk with you in a way that makes you want to spend a little more time chatting and simply just hanging out getting to know the people, the real people. Too many hotels miss the humanness of interaction.
The hotel is spotless, the room, though small, is exceptionally clean and perfectly fitted with what's needed, minibar, safe, tv.
The shower and bathroom are spotless too, very important for me and the bed is comfy, pillows firm and mattress sleep inducing.
The only thing that would be really cool; a window opening to the outside world but so far, and this is morning two of a six night stay, I love this place and I'm so glad to have gone with my instinct which is hard booking through the internet and only seeing photographs online.
Oh and upon arrival, room was ready and I was in though a couple of hours before check-in.
More to come....as I'm still here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank JosephDalton
Labuan Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stay here for a week in Bali. A new hotel in town, cozy and very clean. Din't realize they have a swimming pool till my last day thou. Just a minute walk to Legian Road, yet felt like staying far from town with no noisy nightlife. Friendly staff and informative. The receptionist ladies are in a cosplay looks all the time!! I'm pretty sure that they are Lisanna's fans. This hotel have an easy access for travelling activities such as guides and motorbike rent which less than $10 per day. Will definitely come to this place again!

Room Tip: Keep changing!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank hisyambujang
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and was our first time in Bali. Nice hotel, close to everything, but impeccable service, always greeted whenever we entered or left the hotel!
However rooms extremely small.....would only recommend for an overnight stay, as it got very crowded with two big luggage bags and all the shopping we did!
Very much a budget hotel, next time we arrive in bali we will stay at a more resort-like place, as you'll find that all you want to do in Bali is just tan by a big pool!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annie L
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I had a nice stay in this hotel, at arrival in Bali I booked for 2 nights, the staff and the room were so nice we decided to stay 5 for nights before leaving for somewhere else, good location, quiet but close to everything 5 minutes to shopping street, 15 minutes to the beach, staff friendly and caring for us, very clean, i even had flowers in my room for my birthday!
As the hotel is not far from the airport we decided to come back and stay for our last night.
Good value!!!
The buffet breakfast is ok, you have to pay 12 000rp for extras like pancakes...
We didn't try the restaurant or room service in this hotel, but on the right side in the small street the "Warung Sapo Lais" is absolutely amazing, for me the best I tried in Bali nice food and very cheap :-)
The pool is very small but it wasn't a problem for us as we prefered the beach.
Will stay there again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElodieBenavente
Benalla, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped off for lunch, staff very good but service slow and we were the only diners....

Ordered the duck wontons and received spring rolls, the other meal was a promo fish steak... The driest peice of fish my wife has eaten.

Over all meals were poor but served in a nice friendly and trendy hotel.
We then went across the road for a ice cream for dessert.

• Stayed October 2013