“very freindly staff, room exceptable, view - none.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ossotel

Ossotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Brisbane, Australia
“very freindly staff, room exceptable, view - none.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

On reading such glowing reviews of the hotel we may have gone there with very high expectation. Most staff were extremely friendly with a couple that could really do with a smile on their face but there really were only a couple. The rest were fantastic, one lovely girl at reception asked me 'how may I call you' and I gave my name and she would always say good morning / evening / hello and my name which was lovely that she made an afford to remember and as mentioned, in general staff were excellent.

Room - was modern but I was expecting everything to be super clean and reasonably new. There were a few markings on the bathroom floor and then in the room there were marks everywhere and when I walked on it with my bare feet, it felt sticky. I then asked the cleaner to come and clean the floor which he did and got rid of some, but the next day, it was the same so I can only assume it came from cleaning tools or cleaner's shoes, I don't know...
Bed was super comfy as were the pillows, good size tv with good reception.
The other point that really annoyed me was the shower! It was hot and cold constantly. It didn't matter what I did or didn't do, the water will change from really hot and really cold, we could not just have a warm shower. I'm glad we didn't go for the pool access room as there were people sun bathing by the pool, we'd not have any privacy if they were sun bathing in front of our room having said that our room overlooks the construction of whatever is going on next door so not much to look it there either. Also the pool don't get any sun so it is extremely chilly which is probably why it doesn't get used much.
Food - after reading how wonderful breakfast there is, I was so looking forward to trying their egg benedic, first morning it arrived cold and extremely runny so I sent it back just so it could be warmer to eat, it came back 5 mins later and I have hard boiled egg on my plate so I just ate what I could. 2nd morning, thought I'd try again, this time the York was all cooked and I was about to say something but I looked at the people next table who ordered the same thing and theirs looked the same so I didn't bother. The sauce didn't taste of anything or it could be they give you so little I really couldn't taste anything. The granola from the buffet breakfast is probably the best thing there.
However having said this about breakfast, we ordered room service a few times, and every time, the food was amazing. My favourite is the chicken burritos - amazing!!! and food are well priced also so apart from breakfast, food would get 5 stars from us for sure. they also make really good cappuccino as well.
Location - It is right next door to Inner Glow 1 day spa which we loved, very reasonably priced too and there's another day spa next to InnerGlow but it didn't look as good so I never went to them. There are plenty of western and Indonesian food places nearby and Mexican. We walked to a Thai restaurant which took 10mins maybe so certainly plenty of food places within waking distance. Load of local shops though they seem to all sell the same clothes, bags, hats etc.. Bluebird taxi costed us from Bintang Supermarket in Semiyak about $1.50 AUD one way. We walked there but it was just too hot to walk back.
Overall I think the hotel is fine for the price but I'd be tempted to see what else in that price range. Their standout points for us is staff (most) and room service/restaurant (paid) food.

3 Thank BlaineandAimee
Dear BlaineandAimee,
Thank you for your kind remarks. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us at Ossotel and we are glad to know that you enjoyed it. We hope on your next visit you get better experiences. Look forward to be at your services again soon.

Wayan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the moment we arrived to moment we left, the Ossotel was fantastic. The pool room was the way to go. The room was welcoming, spotless and the bed was amazing in reference to comfort. The pillows were also amazing. These things are important when you are out all day. The staff were faultless. The price was reasonable and the location is terrific. Only wish the pool got more sun. If you are staying at Legian and you want a boutique hotel, this is the place!

Room Tip: Definitely pool access room.
2 Thank jatomi
Dear jatomi,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your kind intention on recommending Ossotel in Legian. We hope we can extend the same great services to all our customers and make their experience here at Ossotel as memorable as yours. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lithgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at Ossotel for 3 nights, there were 6 of us in 3 rooms. We all loved it and could not fault anything about our stay. We were met at the airport by a lovely staff member who gave us cold towels and bottled water, he then drove us to Ossotel where we were met by more friendly staff and shown to our fabulous rooms. The rooms were very clean with a king bed that is VERY comfy with VERY comfy pillows, along with a lovely clean bathroom. Romeos restaurant serves up some fabulous dishes and the breakfast is the best we had in the 11 days that we were in Bali. Ossotel is in a great location with just short walks to the beach, shops, salons everything is so close. The staff were so friendly. Loved our stay, thank you so much to all the friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CherylLithgow
Dear CherylLithgow,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. We are so happy that our services would create such a striking impression on you. Once again, thank you for the encouragement and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just spent 5 nights at the Ossotel and we really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a pool access room which I would recommend. I'll list the pros and cons, but the negatives in no way impacted our stay.
Pros
- service is flawless. Staff are so lovely and nothing was too much to ask from them. The service is comparable to what you would expect from a 5 star resort.
- fantastic location, so close to some good spas, coffee and restaurants. The beach was a short walk away and there are plenty of shops and good money changers across the road.
- the breakfast was sensational. I recommend the minute steak, it's delicious.
- the pool is lovely. It's not directly in the sun so the water was nice and cold. It didn't seem to get very busy so it was relaxing to lay by the pool and staff would come by so ordering drinks was easy.
- the bed was very comfortable
- plenty of toiletries provided and the shower was a good size
Cons (only minor things really)
- rooms are quite small, this didn't bother us though.
- the hair dryer had very little power, I wish I had brought my own.
- some construction noise from across the road, though most of the time we could hardly notice it.

Overall this is a great place to stay at a reasonable price and I would happily stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room located furthest from reception for less noise
3 Thank spinkle
Dear spinkle,
Thank you for your review. We were very glad to know that you enjoyed your experience of 5 nights at Ossotel. We would like to express our gratitude for your compliments on our products, services and also the staffs. We do pride in ourselves toward our facilities for convenience to our guests and your recommendation to our deluxe pool room which have direct access to swimming pool is very much appreciated. Look forward to welcoming you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

From the minute we arrived nothing was an issue for the staff...inlcuding the fact we forgot the credit card at home! They were always so friendly, prompt and willing to help. The room was exceptionally clean the beds were like sleeping on a cloud and the bathroom lovely. We had a deluxe pool room which is well worth having the ability to army roll from the bed into the pool...The hanging vines by the pool and greenery made a beautiful scenic surrounding to relax and sunbake. Did not see a single child the whole time which definitely increased my positive experience. Don't expect a waiter by the pool, we found we had to call for someone to come and get us a drink. The room service was exceptional by the hotel cleaners who are defintely worthy of a daily tip. The breakfast is delicious, the banana pancakes with berry compot are amazing! The nightly entertainment in Romeo's is great quite nice to have a guitar playing whilst eating dinner.....The private access to the beach isn't so quiet as it is also a short cut for motorbikes and scooters but it is 1 minute to the beach and definitely not an issue. Only negative thing I could say is that there was sometimes a bad smell wofting through the bathroom, guessing it was coming from the shower drain...overall 97% happy :)

Room Tip: Upgrade to the deluxe pool....think it is only 20 a night more and well worth it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Legs1182
Dear Legs1182,
Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and do appreciate the compliments to our overall products and services both Ossotel and Romeos. We do pride in ourselves for the comfort of our beds and lovely bath room. As for bad smell that you had experience I will definitely address it for improvement. We look forward to serving you soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We arrived to be greeted by smiling happy staff right from the word go. We had the ground floor with direct access to the pool. The hotel Is clean modern and in perfect location for what we wanted. Mini Marts, bars, DVD and shopping markets all within 20 meter walking distance. The hotel is also a short walk to the beach down small alley. Ossotel gives guests free day beds at the beach which we definitely took up as you could pay anywhere from $ 5 dollars Aus to $10 Dollars for a day bed down the beach so great concept Ossotel. We would like to personally thank Arini who is the most friendly helpful and fantastic guest attended we have ever come across in all our travels. Nothing was a problem for her she always made sure we were okay no matter the time 10am or 11pm she went out of her way for us and did it with a smile, Thank You very much Arini. Romeos restaurant could possibly be the best restaurant in our opinion in all of Bali, The quality of food here blew me away .Breakfast menu you can order from menu and also a buffet WOW? right. The hot cakes were a favourite of ours. Dinner we tried mostly everything and all food 10/10 fantastic. Special mention to Endra and Gannga in Romeos, excuse me if spelling is incorrect you guys are also great. Thank you to all the staff for making our trip great. Ossotel is worth the stay.

2 Thank ashg23
Dear ashg23,
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your experiences at Ossotel. Also, thank you for the compliment on our breakfast that has been carefully created by our Chef Banjar and also the encouragement to our staffs. We do appreciate your recommendations. We trust you will be coming back to stay with us in the near future.

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Magnifico from the moment we check in all is fantastic.
Staff were excellent!
The moment we enter our room my wife and daughter is estatic. Ròom is clean and spacious..
Shower room is awesome.
Legian Beach was 2mins away..
Room Service is prompt and food is delicioso..
Breakfast was excellent too..
Swimming pool is cosy nice to chillax..
Will definitely come back again and will definitely book the Deluxe pool room..

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Isham07
Dear Isham07,
Thank you for your great review and we were very glad to know that you had fantastic experience with us at Ossotel. We would like to express our gratitude for your compliments on our staffs. See you again soon.