“Awesome place to stay !!”
Review of Ossotel

Ossotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Legian
“Awesome place to stay !!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My Daughter and I stayed here in May for 8 nights.As this was our first time in Bali we could not have asked for a better place to stayThe staff always welcome you with a smile and rembered our names, breakfast was excellent could not fault the the food or the service.We organised our tours through Ossotel and our driver was Ketut and he was so lovely and helpful will defiantly be using him again when I return.Ossotel is in a great location with everything close by from resteraunts to the money changer and continence store across the road.Thank you Ossotel for a very memerable first time in Bali ! I will defiantly be back :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine H
Wayan S, General Manager at Ossotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Christine H,
Thank you for your great review and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your 8 nights experiences with us at Ossotel especially on your first time to Bali. We would like to express our gratitude for your compliments on our breakfast, the services and also to the staffs. We hope to seeing you soon.

Wayan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 June 2014

It was my first time in Bali and I was blown away by the friendly and helpful staff at Ossotel. They always greeted their guests with sincere smiles and never fail to extend their help. My friend and I did not plan for any activities for our trip as we have booked it last minute. Upon arrival at the hotel, the general manager and staff at the front desk was very helpful and provided us with the day trips they have available. Not sure if it was the cheapest tours we could get, however, it has made planning convenient for us since we were effectively there for 2 full days. We met with another general manager on our second evening and he advised us on the departure tax (Rupiah 200,000) which we would need to make at the airport. He offered us choice of breakfast boxes (see pictures below) when we mentioned we would be having an early flight home at about 8.55am. These breakfast boxes were piping hot and sent to our rooms at 6am sharp, exactly the time we have agreed on. We dined at the hotel's restaurant on our last night and came to know that there would only be one kitchen staff after 11pm, with that amount of manpower, they cooked up a storm for our breakfast boxes. Thumbs up on the effort! The general manager also recommended us the spa services opposite the hotel. The spa outlet has made it to Tripadvisor's top 5 and we almost couldn't get an appointment slot, as it is pretty popular and almost always booked. They were reasonably priced. I tried out an hour manicure and pedicure for a total of about Rupiah $80,000++. Their services are professional as they even have a sanitizer box to keep all their tools. I would be going there every day, if I have come to know about this earlier. Thankful for the great recommendation by the general manager. Every evening when we return to our room, the hotel would prepare complimentary snacks/pastries (see pictures) and a letter written to us by the general manager on duty. I would say the facilities are new, love their comfortable beach chairs and swimming pool. In the room, I personally find their mattress and pillows too soft. Their TV alone have a wide range of international channels, such as Discovery, National Geographic.They also provide a collection of DVDs (recent titles) for viewing free of charge. Free wifi is also available anywhere in the hotel compound. Legian beach is a stone throw away. The hotel has a passage door directly leading you to the beach. They have beach chairs, which is entitled only to Ossotel guests. However, there are limited (about 4 pairs). Overall, I'm very satisfied with my short stay at Ossotel and I would definitely go back again. I thanked the managers and staff (Front desk, restaurant) who were working during the period from 7 June 2014 till 10 June 2014 for giving us such an awesome experience at Ossotel and unforgettable time at Bali.

Room Tip: Higher floors do not have direct access to the pool, however, it is probably more secured and shield...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank EnjoyLifeLah
Wayan S, General Manager at Ossotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear EnjoyLifeLah,
Thank you for sharing your feedback which we value greatly. We are happy that you enjoyed your total experience and appreciate the compliment to our restaurant with their best effort and services. Once again, thank you for the encouragement and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very much satisfied with Ossotel. From the check-in until checkout, everything went smoothly. They even gave us a late checkout. Yummy breakfast, although it could use a bit more variation. Perfect location. Very close to the beach. The staffs are great, very friendly and helpful. Definitely will come back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank feldarm
Dear feldarm,
Thank you for the review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your experiences at Ossotel. You have found a perfect location and sincerely thanks for the compliment to the great staffs. We trust you will come back soon and appreciate your recommendations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

gold coast
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I spent a week at Ossotel. I can genuinely recommend. Its a new hotel and modern style. The location is great and only 150m walk to the beach. The best feature is the staff here. I have stayed in many hotels in Asian and I would have to say it would be impossible to find more friendly and helpful staff. It was very sad to leave

Room Tip: There are 3 levels. All rooms have balconies. The lowest level have direct access to the pool from t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank psygram9
Dear psygram9,
Thank you for your great review and we were very glad to know that you had wonderful experience with us at Ossotel. We do appreciate your genuine recommendations. See you again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have mixed feelings about our week at the Ossotel. The rooms are on the small side and the floor tiles were stained like the photos from a previous poster. Surprising for such a new property. In saying that the rooms were clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and not the usual Asian brick and the linen was good quality. The shower was big and we never ran out of hot water. Wasn't a fan of the opaque glass doors to the bathroom and would not be happy if sharing with anyone besides my husband. We had a pool access room which was nice however as the pool is so narrow there is absolutely no privacy. The lounges on the verandah were too short for me and I am only 168cm. The verandah and pool are in the shade all day so the pool was cold. Ossotel do have sun lounges on the beach however they are often full as there is only 8. I think they should look at getting some more. If you do get a lounge it is great and the beach bar guys come to see if you want anything to drink.
All the staff were friendly and always smiled and said hello. They are a credit to the management. We did have an issue when trying to arrange a room for the last day as our flight was at midnight. The policy is half price till 6pm and if you want a room for longer then it is full rate. We decided to book a cheaper room and move upstairs the last day and were told the hotel was booked out and all they could offer was a 6pm checkout. The hotel website was still saying there were rooms available so I went and spoke to reception. They looked at my phone and made some calls and grudgingly offered me a room at full rate which I accepted. I certainly got the feeling they were not happy with me. There were plenty of cheap hotels around but we couldn't be bothered moving. The next day the manager introduced himself to us and we were told we could stay in our pool access room for the extra day. It was a nice gesture and we appreciated it however still felt that staff had not been completely honest with me.
The location is fantastic. A couple of minutes walk and you are on the beach (although I wouldn't like to walk down the lane at night). A massage parlour, laundry, convenience stores and money changers all within a minutes walk. Markets are close by and plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Kuta and Seminyak are both a short cab ride away.
After I had booked and paid for our accommodation some reviews came up about the construction next door so I was a bit nervous that this would spoil our stay. This was not the case and I can say that we only heard noise from next door a couple of times and it was in the middle of the day and for a short period. Not sure what will happen going forward but it did not affect our stay at all. Would I stay at Ossotel again - maybe for the right price but definitely not at the rate they are currently asking. And you would also need to be conscious of the fact that there is a building site next door.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Luv2h0liday
Dear Luv2h0liday,
Thank you for your review. It was our great pleasure to have you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Ossotel. In regards of your comment on our swimming pool, we actually do get sun on our pool deck most of the time during the year as it stretches from east to west...unfortunately during the last 2 months the sun rises and sets in a slightly different angle. As for the beach sun lounges, we are limited due to the local regulations. Apparently we are the only hotel around the area that has designated sunbeds. We would also like to apologize for the issue you had in the front office, we will look into the matter immediately and we can assure you that it will never happen again. Thank you for your constructive feedback, it will certainly keep us motivated to do better for our customers. We look forward to be at your services again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is brand new and it shows. The rooms are still spotless, the decorations still hip and the the staff not tired. Ossotel stis in a nice location close to the beach and the heart of Legian. It also boasts a western style restauranmt with ribs and steaks ready for the traveler tired of nasi goreng and satay. While this hotel is of excellent value there are still some gorwing pains in evidence. My WiFi passowrd didnt work and it took a number of calls to get it fixed, the room service was not the best (why would i order your ribs when Naughty Nuris is not too far away?) and the staff forgot my taxi in the morning. None of these problems were deal breakers for me, and at $70/night i still think the value here is tremendous. Hopefully with a little mroe time and effort this place will really start to stand out in a crowded market.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Nick H
Dear Nick H,
Thank you for the review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ossotel although there were some of the experiences you feel not into your satisfaction. We’re noted your feedback and appreciated as we would like to grow and to be better in the future. Once again, thank you for the encouragement and look forward to see you again soon....

Darwin
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This property is in a great location - close to the beach, bars, good restaurants, shopping and local massages. Everything is at your fingertips. The staff go out of their way to make your stay a delight. Unfortunately the pool doesn't get much sun but its a very short walk to the beach where the Ossotel has a section for its guests. The hotel is new, the rooms are a decent size and the balconies or pool access areas are a nice retreat. The food in the restaurant is beautiful. Make the most of the 2 for 1 cocktails in happy hour - can thoroughly recommenced them. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 101 - a direct pool access room but unfortunately it's the room next to receptio...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DarwinWendy
Wayan S, General Manager at Ossotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear DarwinWendy,
Thank you for sharing your feedback which we value greatly. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the compliment to our staffs. Once again, thank you for the encouragement and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.