“An excellent intro to Bali”
Review of Ossotel

Ossotel
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Legian
Toronto, Canada
“An excellent intro to Bali”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After a 30+ hour flight, I was desperate for a clean, homey place to work off my jet lag. Ossotel was the perfect introduction to Bali. From the staff's warm welcome (including an awesome virgin mojito), to the daily pastries delivered to your room, Ossotel is the best at making you feel welcome and important. They even went out of their way to arrange a special vegetarian breakfast sandwich for me to take out in a picnic-style breakfast for one of our early morning treks.

The room was absolutely spotless with a beautiful high-pressure shower. The whole hotel truly feels brand-new with fun, modern decor. Very relaxing, very quiet and comfortable with a spotless (but chilly) pool and outdoor shower for you to clean off on your way back from the beach. The front desk even had a large DVD selection that we "rented" for free one night.

The hotel is a five-minute walk down a special path to the beach, where there are 5 or 6 umbrellas with beach chairs reserved especially for Ossotel guests. The location could not be better - lots of restaurants, great spas and bars are very close by.

My friend and I really loved Ossotel and I highly recommend it. I would return here in a heartbeat. Thanks Ossotel!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Kristen P,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and endorsement of our products and services which we value greatly. We are pleased that your stay has exceeded your expectations. Appreciated your recommendations. Once again, thank you for the encouragement and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wayan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having been to Bali many times over a thirty year period I have to say this hotel is one of the best.
The room was clean spacious and comfortable with everything in the bathroom you could want, when I stay here again I won,t take any toiletries with me they had everything there. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Their services , ie food,trips etc were very reasonably priced also.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carol M
Dear Carol M,
Thank you for sharing your feedback which we value greatly. We are happy that you enjoyed your total experience and appreciate the compliment to our room with it’s toiletries. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Spent 4 nights at ossotel legian, the hotel is quite new so better take the hotel name card to be presentef to taxi drivers. Location is good surrounded by cafe, bars, and massage shop. 15 mins walk to seminyak area, 5 min walk to legian beach. Room size is sufficient, not too big but has everything you need, we booked the poolside room where you could hop right into the pool from the room balcony. Very nice poolview. Staffs are very friendly and efficient, got our request right away. Breakfast is great with choices of made to order menu, croque madam is great! I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Wang_fei17
Wayan S, General Manager at Ossotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Wang_fei17,
Thank you for your review. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your 4 nights experiences at Ossotel. Your positive feedback will certainly keep us motivated to do better for our customers. We do appreciate your recommendations and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It was my first trip to Bali and I have to say stayed in a good and decent hotel. I stayed here for 6 days, for the final leg of my birthday holiday. The hotel transfer from the airport was smooth with a good and polite driver, Gade - who also drove me to the airport. The room was spacious and well-appointed with good amenities and nice bathroom. The only suggestion I had, which was very minor and I also shared with some managers, was that I hope there's a closet/wardrobe so that I don't have to live on a suitcase for 6 days.

I was amazed how attentive, friendly and professional the staff were. I felt like at home - being originated from the Philippines. Very nice people, always smiling and willing to chat about your day and your stay with them. Nothing was too much to ask. I've also met many managers and the man himself, Mr. Wayan. The staff were the highlight of my stay in Ossotel.

I dined every night in Romeo's and it was fantastic! Every night I had Chocolate Souffle which was simply divine! Even got a complimentary blueberry cheesecake from Chef Banjar and he asked me for advice to improve his masterpiece.

Thank you to Hendra, Eka, Theo, Oka, Arini, Patra, Dita, Desni and all the lovely staff who made my stay a great one! I'll deifinitely be back! Terima kasih!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank njcesguerra
Dear cancer1007,
Thank you for your kind remarks and wonderful compliments. Glad to know that you had enjoyed your 6 days experiences at Ossotel. Our service is defined personalized and we take pride to know each and every guest. Look forward to see you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Our second visit to Ossotel. And it's still as good as the first time. Staffs remember us, "Welcome home" they said. Felt like home :-D

Food's still great at Romeo's restaurant.

Bed's good and had great sleep.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mudita52
Wayan S, General Manager at Ossotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mudita52,
Thank you again for writing such a positive review of your stay at Ossotel. You are our repeated guest and this is such a compliment to us. It is very satisfying when we hear that our guests had a wonderful experience during their stay and we will make sure that our team receives your commendations as well. We would love to see you back here again.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Loved the Ossotel Hotel, All of the Hotel staff were fabulous, Rooms were new and fresh with wonderful beds and large fluffy pillows, Loved the breakfasts with a great array of choices, only one but, the same as most people, the lovely pool and sun lounges is in the shade for most of the day, overall this one is a fabulous hotel and we will definatly stay at the Ossotel again, Thanks for a wonderful holiday,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David H
Wayan S, General Manager at Ossotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear David H,
Thank you for the review and very glad you enjoyed your stay at Ossotel. We aim to exceed guest expectations and always try to make it a most memorable one for our guests. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

There is not one fault that we could pick at Ossotel.. from the time we arrived until the time we had to leave (8 days here not quiet long enough ) the staff were excellent very friendly and helpful nothing was a problem .. Pool room great and very clean ,it felt like we had our own private villa .We found the pool very refreshing after a day of shopping or lying on the beach .Romeos staff and food excellent as well .. Looking forward to our next stay here !!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a pool room.