“Really nice hotel”

AQ-VA Hotel & Villas
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Legian
“Really nice hotel”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Travelled with 3 teenage children so needed 2 rooms. We were able to be next door to each other which was great. I loved the huge sized rooms! Everything was clean & modern. Staff are very very friendly & helpful. Breakfast was so nice as cooked to you on the spot, so much better than buffets ! This hotel is excellent value for money. We had booked for the remainder of our stay at another hotel in Legian. Wish that we had stayed at AQVA for the whole time!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the roads can get a bit noisy at night time due to increased travel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tracey W
nyoman A, Manager at AQ-VA Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Tracey,

Thank you for staying at Aq-va Hotel & Villas recently and Many thanks for your kind words. We happy that you had enjoyed your stay with your family and we look forward to seeing you again for your next visit.

Astawa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed on the recommendation of a relative and were not disappointed.The rooms are quite large and spacious. Very clean. We had a ground floor room beside the pool which would've been great if the water wasn't so cold. The breakfasts were good. There were 2 Indonesian dishes and 3 or 4 western dishes to choose from. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redwolef
nyoman A, Manager at AQ-VA Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Redwolef,

Thank you for staying at Aq-va Hotel & Villas recently and thank you for your positive feedback about our Hotel & staff. We look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Spent a week at AQ-VA and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the helpful and friendly staff, and hotel. The rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable. Room service was great and food was lovely.

Highly recommended. :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susans50thBirthday
Dear Susan,

Thank you for staying at Aq-va Hotel & Villas and thank you for your kind words which we will share with all our staff. We look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I would like to THANK all the staff at AQ-VA for making our stay so great.

We checked in and our room was spotless, spacious and just perfect.
We soon got to no all the staff, everyone speaks English well and are all extremely welcoming and friendly.
10 minutes after arriving I noticed our air con was starting to leak, I notified reception and they had the handy man fix I in less then
5 minutes, our room was cleaned daily to perfection, I left the safe open full of money and it was not touched, valuables everywhere and they were always safe!
Security is on every night along with someone at reception, the hotel is the safest I have ever stayed at.
The food.. is just beautiful
We had breakfast every morning
Nasi goreng is great, also definitely recommend to try the cream brûlée !

From 12pm - 6pm they serve
40 000rp cocktails, ($4)
Strawberry daiquiri is very nice !
Great range of drinks, at good prices, all bar staff are great.
All staff are great at AQVA I highly recommend staying there.

I only got home 3 days ago and I am planing my next trip back right now !
Hopefully see everyone again soon !

Matt & Jessy

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MattLNF
nyoman A, Manager at AQ-VA Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Matt & Jessy,

Thank you for staying at Aq-Va Hotel & Villas recently and thank you for your kind words about our staff and we glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Aq-Va is a small hotel just off the main road Jalan Legian.. this new hotel doesn't have many rooms but the rooms are very spacious, light and clean! They offer simple a la carte breakfast, good to start your day with. Personnel is young and, I would almost say as usual, friendly, also accurate and helpful. Even the manager personally welcomed us to the hotel! Beach is about 10 min walk.. Pool is rather small but due to the limited amount of guests and beach close by only few guests use the pool. Legian is located in between Kuta and Seminyak, both very easy to reach either by foot, car or bike..

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank M van v
nyoman A, Manager at AQ-VA Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Aq-va Hotel & Villas recently and we glad that you had enjoyed our Hotel and our team. We look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit.

Astawa
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING !!!! Checked in to AQ-VA for a planned 14 night stay to find my Bedroom and bathroom smelt like SEWERAGE !!! Immediately complained to staff who said that was a "normal" smell. I have stayed in countless Hotels in Bali and NEVER encountered this smell.
I spent my first and "only night" with a MIGRAINE and was vomiting due to this disgusting smell!!! I forgot to mention the DRILLING immediately next door from 10.00am through to 5.00pm...non-stop!
As this problem could not be fixed and another suitable room was unavailable, i requested to move to another Hotel affiliated with AQ-VA. Management were unaccomodating and made this extremley stressful for me. The Manager felt it necessary to charge me an ADDITIONAL 1 night as a penalty!!! The change of Hotel offered to me then set me back an additional $750.00 US ....either pay it or spend my vacation at AQ-VA in a room reeking of sewerage !!!

What an absolute nightmare !!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank sandra g
nyoman A, Manager at AQ-VA Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for staying at Aq-va Hotel & Villas recently and thank you for your feedback. I deeply apologies for inconvenience on your stay because on that period our neighbor (local people) was having a project for drilling which is not my authority to stop them until they complete it. I was offer you to move to another room but it was refused. your booking over agoda is actually no refundable however because your dad was pass away a week before and i seen you still very sad ,we were agreed only charged you 1 night extra instead of 14 Nights. I also give you free transport to drop you to our sister Hotel and I make sure you had well taken care in there. I met you in our sister Hotel and you were having a good day. I understand your feeling at this stage and it was very nice to assist you on that time Sandra.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at AQ-VA in April 2014 looking for a quieter more intimate establishment to really just have some down time. It was just what the doctor ordered. It is in a really great location to be able to walk to the beach, the shops and many great restaurants and cafes. There are also a variety of spas located in the area to choose from. The staff were always very helpful and they added to the more intimate feel of the hotel through their very friendly nature.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kym P
nyoman A, Manager at AQ-VA Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Kym,

Thank you for staying at Aq-va Hotel & Villas in April. I really appreciated your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit.